Server down for the moment

Started by Cypress, November 10, 2015, 05:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypress

I've contacted Llewelyn, and he should be working to get things back up and going as soon as he gets home from work.

Thank you all for your patience, and I look forward to seeing you back in game soon!
~ Admin Cypress

abraxys

Ooh good, it just wasn't me.  Well, not good that it is down.. but good that I am not having connection issues. 
*May the stars guide you!*

Alaric McCree

Hopefully it will be up soon.

Have a great night all.
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Talitha

uh oh...Im sure he is working on it and hopefully it will be up soon.  Keep checking.  I will for sure.

Cypress

Don't worry :) I've been in contact with Llewelyn, and we're hoping to see the server up and running again around noon today!

Thank you all again for your patience, and I look forward to seeing you back in game soon!
~ Admin Cypress

Catrin Shadows

why must the server be down  :'( so much game playing being lost here peoplez lol  ;D

Llewellyn

Greetings fellow Sylvanites!

Many apologies for the downtime. Come to find out the battery back-up system that the server runs on went bad. One of the cells started leaking and dissolved part of the UPS. This of course short-circuited everything and took down the server. It seems as if everything saved correctly and it didn't have any issues booting back up, but definitely keep an eye on things and report weird occurrences of a technical nature to your nearest friendly staffer.

As for the battery-backup, I am running it without one at the moment as I look around and try to find another online within my budget. It is crazy how much those things can cost. What this means to you as the player is that there 'could' be an increased occurrence of server restarts. I am not projected to have any adverse weather/storms in my area for a few weeks, but send me all your fair-weather wishes as we will all get through this  unscathed.

Your ever-watchful digital skygod,
Llewellyn

P.S: Donations have been steadily sparse for the past year(ish) but I have half of the cost of a new UPS in the server-account. Any further donations are welcome, but are of course not required. As per-usual, I appreciate VERY MUCH the people who have donated in the past and those funds are solely used for the server/shard. It is such kindness that enables me to return it in-kind and keep this wonderful world running.

Cypress

Thanks Llewellyn! Sorry to hear about the UPS and definitely wishing for fair weather! I think for the moment my area has the bad weather hehe. Maybe it will get all it's storming done before it ever reaches you *chuckles*

Great work as always and thanks again!

Let me also take the opportunity to also say with just a little personal encouragement of my own that yes indeed donations are certainly welcome and helpful ;) And, we certainly thank again all those who have donated in the past :)

Talitha

Quote from: Cypress on November 11, 2015, 08:45:53 PM
Thanks Llewellyn! Sorry to hear about the UPS and definitely wishing for fair weather! I think for the moment my area has the bad weather hehe. Maybe it will get all it's storming done before it ever reaches you *chuckles*

Great work as always and thanks again!

Let me also take the opportunity to also say with just a little personal encouragement of my own that yes indeed donations are certainly welcome and helpful ;) And, we certainly thank again all those who have donated in the past :)
It seems I have a rather nice backup battery in storage.  Im not sure how to test it.  It worked great when I disconnected it.  Its however very heavy so maybe shipping cost would be more than just buying one.  Im not sure.  I think it weighs around (guess) 30 or 40 lbs.  Should i look into it or??

Llewellyn

Could be a possibility. Can you post or PM me the model/make/brand?

Thanks

Knossos

Did you try licking the battery terminals? It might still work.