A few questions.

Started by RunningWild, March 17, 2017, 03:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunningWild

Basically since UO had some big updates that changed a lot of game mechanics a lot of the info you can find now doesnt relate to most shards that were started before the big changes.

Anyway just a few questions i cant find correct info about and was wondering if you guys could help.

HP regen.Is it capped on this server for items and if there is an overall cap what are the caps on this server?
Does Bushido work to parry with ranged weapons on this server?
Does hit poison area include poisoning skill lvl for damage or just go off the usual hit magic skill checks.
What bonus % does focus attack ad to hit % on hit leech/magic etc.
Is poisoning still a useless skill on this server?I remember previously that most custom content was just set as immune to poison on this server?
Do the form changes from necromancy still have the resist penalty on this server?(If they do it would make necro warrior builds unusable against custom monsters)
Are the mondains legacy specific weapon skills and artifacts implemented on this server?
At what point does the dex stat stop having affects on weapon speed and bandage heal?

Cypress

HP regen. Is it capped on this server for items and if there is an overall cap what are the caps on this server?
I don't think it is capped, or if it is, it's pretty high.

Does Bushido work to parry with ranged weapons on this server?
Not that I know of but if so I might need to fix that.

Does hit poison area include poisoning skill lvl for damage or just go off the usual hit magic skill checks.
I'm not sure, but it doesn't look like poisoning skill affects it.

What bonus % does focus attack ad to hit % on hit leech/magic etc.
Not sure on this either. It actually looks like focus attack simply increases damage, but I could be missing something.

Is poisoning still a useless skill on this server?
I think it has its uses still, but maybe someone who has used it more can say more.

I remember previously that most custom content was just set as immune to poison on this server?
Some yes, but I don't know that I'd say most.

Do the form changes from necromancy still have the resist penalty on this server?
Yes

(If they do it would make necro warrior builds unusable against custom monsters)
Not really. Plenty use the build. So far as I can tell the build makes warriors stronger despite the penalties.

Are the mondains legacy specific weapon skills and artifacts implemented on this server?
No, but we have our own instead.

At what point does the dex stat stop having affects on weapon speed and bandage heal?
For bandages it's 180 if I remember right. For weapons it stops affecting the speed when the speed hits the max which is something like 1 swing a second or one swing per 1.25 seconds I think. However, even then, swing speed is decreases if your stamina decreases even if you have a lot of dex. For this reason SSI is maybe a more reliable way to swing faster.

RunningWild

Well with the Necromancy for warriors its debatable as the custom monsters this hard have higher damage with fire considered as part of their melee attack.And then you have fireball casts too of course.So say i want to go sampire build.Vampire form gives you 20% of damage as life leech.So you´re more often than not going to gain less from the constant life leech in damage on single target bosses than the hp you get back from dog form in ninjitsu which gives you 40 hp regen per sec.
Now if the vampire forms life leech works on say multiple foes you whirlwind.I dont know if it does work like that or not.Maybe you might know? then it could be a valid tradeoff against the resistance penalty but it would still be debatable.

So there was some fake imformation online about focus attack and how it works.Some said it increase hit life leech hit magic etc % chance.
I found the corect info and tested it.
SO how it works is besides giving you bonus damage it increases the damage of any hit magic weapon properties on your weapon.
On my necro for example with ninjitsu hit lightning jumped from 6-7 damage to 9 damage.

The other thing im trying to get my head around is the mixed info on hit magic.Some are saying magery affects the damge on top of inscription and eval int and then some say it doesnt.

Cypress

To easily make up for the resist penalty from vamp form just over stack fire resist. There are also mage spells that might help.

The only things I can tell that affect the damage of hit magics at least on this shard are INT, eval int, inscription, and spell damage increase items.