Sylvan Family

Started by will parrish, November 03, 2017, 06:53:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

will parrish

Here it is 2:40 am in the morning. Always hard to stay up the night before you have to work night shift. Logged in and played for a bit and guess it just got me in the writing mood. I went to the main Sylvan site and read views of the staff members and so on. Made me really start to ponder a lot of things about life. Most people would look at us who have played Ultima in some sort over the years as maybe a little crazy. Like maybe we have a misguided life. But the truth is for almost all of us Ultima has given us an escape if you will from the troubles of everyday life. It allows us to be someone or something for just that moment in time. Even if it is only for 5 minutes of game time. That may be just what we need to relax. Over the years as I have paid to play and then found the free servers, one thing has always happened. I have met great people. We do not judge each other. We simply enjoy each others company. I have made a lot of great companions and a really good friend (Festus) throughout my journey in Ultima. Let me stop you before you think I am writing a good bye speech. NOT!!! Just wanted to simply express something that I was thinking. Funny how we think when we are by ourselves. Really made me think when I read the Ortanius book near the meadow. I read the messages people left there for this person. Not sure if it was a man or a woman but that doesn't matter. Whoever Ortanius was he touched people with his personality. And that my Sylvan Family is why we play. To be touched and to allow us to be ourselves or someone different for that moment in time. So with that I hope you don't feel like you have wasted your time reading this. Just wanted to write something to let each of you know that we are important to each other even in the smallest ways.
                                                   "The expert in anything was once the beginner"                                       

Festus

You at truly a great friend sir.  I wish we could some day see us irl.  LOL  Now for a secret of Festus'.  It wasn't until a couple years playing sylvan heart that I understood your name (Will Parish).  haha Oh man i'm not to bright.
As for your post sir. Well Said.  And yes, Sylvan more than any other shard I have visited since 1997, has wisdom spread throughout that can be overlooked if one is not playing with "eyes open" and numerous Great personalities to enjoy.  Long Shall the Worlds of Sylvan Heart Live and Pray that all shall prosper.

Alaric McCree

From one who has been here from just short of the beginning, that was very well said.....both of you.
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Cypress

I've been here for a long time, since about 2007. I've made so many friends, and some of them very close. We've been through the varieties of life laughing, talking, and praying together. While the game is great for just fun things to do, the friendships you make are what really make it awesome. I love my Sylvan family. We have a blast when we're online together. I miss them when they are not here. I've talked and prayed through hard times with them too. Yes, it's the friendships that make it great.

Thank you all for posting, and I look forward to many more years of friendship :)