Honoring Vernon

Started by Cypress, July 09, 2018, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypress

As some of you may know, my grandfather Vernon joined here with us back on 6-25-2007. His characters were Mischief Man and Sir Tuppence. I would say he was a big part of why I got into computers and probably gaming in general :) He has now moved on to be with Jesus in the greatest adventure of all. I miss him a lot, but he said before he left that he was ready and knew where he was going. People might say life is tough but consider the alternative. His answer was always that he had considered it and that it was far better and he was ready whenever it came! He would then ask if they had considered it and if they were ready. I have considered it, and I'm ready too. Because of that, I can miss him, but my sorrow is not as if I have no hope. I have assurance that I will see him again soon in a perfect place and then never be apart again. I'm sure he would want me to deliver a message to all our Sylvan friends and family: Are you ready?

Consider the answer carefully. There is a life after this one, and are you ready for it? There is only one way to be ready.

The only way to heaven is to be perfect, but we must realize we are all sinners and cannot be perfect.

• Romans 3:23
    For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

The penalty for sin is death, both physically and ultimately spiritual death which is eternal separation from the love of God in the only place where that is possible: hell. However, we are not there yet, and so we live under the grace, mercy, and love of God with a chance to be saved from hell!

• Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

• Romans 5:8
    But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Sin had to have a punishment, and Jesus took the punishment for our sins because He loves us. If we reject His loving sacrifice for us and in pride believe we can do it some other way, then we will earn nothing but death and hell. However, if we trust in what Jesus has done for us, He will save us and keep us saved. He will cover our sins with His perfect righteousness so that when God judges us, He sees our sins as being paid for already and us standing in the perfect righteousness of Jesus.

• Romans 3:21-23
    21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:
    23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

• 2 Corinthians 5:21
    For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

• Romans 10:9-10
    9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

• Romans 10:13
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Jesus tells us that if trust Him, we will have everlasting life, never perish, and never be condemned.

• John 3:16
    For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

• John 5:24
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

When we trust Jesus we have everlasting life. It's not something we might get or will get in the future. It's something we have, and because it is everlasting, there is no possible way for it to ever end else it would not be everlasting! To make this even clearer Jesus adds that we shall not come into condemnation but have already moved from death to life. Because of this we have hope. We also have hope that if we live to see the second coming that we will see them at that time and join them for a glorious reunion!

• 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18
    13 But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
    14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
    15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
    18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

So, why hasn't the Lord come back yet as He promised? He hasn't because He is patient and loving and is giving everyone their opportunity to be saved.

• 2 Peter 3:9
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

So, are you ready for the next life? You are living under God's love, grace, and mercy right now with opportunity to prepare. God wants you to be saved. Please be saved so that you can be ready and join us :)

will parrish

Well said Cypress. Speechless after that is all that can be said.