New Player - Some Questions

Started by nightfall, December 27, 2018, 10:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nightfall

Hello everyone,

I just joined server today , everything sounds fun , hope I will stay to live that fun.

I have some question, I tryed to read most of stuff written on forums and web page but i may be missed if some of those questions answered.

- Are there any place to train your skills easier? theres a newbie dungeon but that only helps if you are non-magical and non-tamer fighter.

- Are there any stats wise difference for races and classes chosen at start or is it just RP wise choices

- For someone chose taming/magery i felt stuck because that couldnt go to newbie dungeon to make any gold because no dmg dealer skill, any easier place to tame some mid-high end creatures

thanks, have a good day!

Cypress

Hello and welcome to Sylvan! Let's see if we can answer your questions.

1. The newbie dungeon is also good for training magery and pets to some extent, but there are easier ways. Other players can help you train which I'd think is generally faster and easier. However, if you would rather solo it, there is a wide variety of dungeons with varying levels of difficulty in some of them.

2. Races are for RP with no stat differences. There are no "classes" in the normal sense of the word. This is somewhat like classic UO in which you can choose skills and create your own "class," so there are no stat differences there. However, as you get stronger and begin to raise your stats above the base cap of 450 (via items like artifacts and socketed gear), you may find that varying skill sets benefit from increases in one stat or another. For example, a highly spell focused mage may benefit from higher INT where as an archer might benefit from higher DEX.

3. It sounds like your damage dealing is going to be magery for a little bit until you get a bonded pet which shouldn't take long. Since you are new, the damage will be lower, but I'd suggest using the spells "mind blast" and "earthquake" to  start with for decent damage when starting out. However, assuming you started with taming skill at 100, I bet a player can help you find a good starting pet to help bump up that damage ;) As far as a place to tame such a creature, well, they are all over the place! Depending on the type of creature you like is where you will look. If you want a dragon, Destard is good. If you want an army of insects, you might start in Tokuno. If you want canines and felines such as tigers, shadow cats, wolves, and cu sidhes, they vary in location based on what you want, but Tokuno can be a good starter with the semi-rare Kitsune and the more common Bake kitunes.

I hope this helps, and I hope to meet you in game soon!
- Admin Cypress

nightfall

Is it possible that you whitelist IP, because i could connect server but after a router reset now i cant. saw shard down announcement.

Cypress

I forgot to link to the dungeon lists! Here's a list you might find helpful when searching for dungeons to hunt in :)

http://www.sylvandreams.co.uk/index.php?p=32