An End and a Beginning

Started by ShadowMoon, November 06, 2006, 04:21:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowMoon

((This was an Rp thing that a few of my friends and I had going on, on another server. I have tried to make sure the other servers name isnt in here but if I missed one I am so sorry.))

Shadow Moon closed the wooden door behind her. She reached up and bolted the iron lock. She turned around and leaned her dark blue velvet lined back against the door. She closed her eyes and held onto the dark green leather book the old woman had given her. The book had an old musty smell that penetrated up to Shadows nostrils as she held it. Shadow remembered her hoarse words "Keep this safe my child. This book contains the magic words that will take you to an area of the universe that has magical gates to new lands. These lands were created by the splinters of the broken crystal." Shadow was so frightened to have such a powerful book in her posession. Every noise made her startle.

She walked through out her house. Making sure everything was in its place for the next tenant to occupy. All she needed were bare essentials. Rations to get her by, her armor, some clothes. Bandages, and regents. She stuffed them all into her backpack. Then went to look out the window one last time.

She stared at the beautiful oaks, the sweet scented flowers. She listened to the beautiful song birds and the snap of twigs and small downed branches being walked on by larger wild life.

She did not want to leave, she loved this place so much. Her friends...Oh how she would miss them. The handsome Vladimir had come to her rescue when the evil Migon had kidnapped her. He had held her so close to him and had let her tears drench his shirt. The beautiful Ivy who had always been there with her and helped her decorate her house. Her husband Nighthawk...well he was good to go adventuring with sometimes. "I will send word to him once I am sure I have found a place I can live safely" she mouthed silently. Ravenloff...She would miss him the most. So many times wandering into his Trammel Britain shop he would be there ordering his vendors around and telling them what to price what item and he would see her walk in and they would sit and talk for hours. She of course would buy many items before she left.

She shivered when the thought of him came into her mind. He was the reason she was leaving. She was running away from him. She had felt something stir inside of her at one point when he touched her and at that moment she had liked it and it scared her. She would never be like him, nor want him. His eyes...she could see them clearly as if he was standing in front of her. She shivered him away. No, she must go. Get away.

She reached down and pulled her backpack onto her shoulder, walked backwards from the window and opened the green leather book. Hers eyes feeled with tears as she read the magic words out loud "Oscolata Mephioto Astanauego". She felt her body start tingling and saw a flowing glowing light start to surround her. "Goodbye Sonoma, I wont forget you." she whispered as she slowly started to disappear.

She felt as if you was going to vomit. Her throat getting colder as her head and body seemed to be spinning in opposite directions. All of a sudden everything stopped and she collapsed on what looked like nothing. There was no floor, no ceiling. No life forms, no scents. It was actually nothing. Pure black with tons of stars. She was afraid to move for fear she would fall into oblivion. She pushed against the nothingness with one hand to make sure she wasnt going to go anywhere if she moved. It was solid. She slowly stood, very slowly. The idea of standing on nothing was at the least not what she had expected.

As she stood thousands of magical gates started to appear. There was no sound just beautiful shimmering blue gates. She started to take a step then remembered she was walking on nothing and decided it best to test each spot she wanted to walk on before she placed her weight on it. She put her left light blue leather shoed foot in front of her and lightly pressed...it held. So she stepped. She did this until she was infront of one of the magical blue gates. As she stepped up to the gate, a mouth formed and said " This world is known as .............." (I wont put other shard names in this post). Well the name sounded nice. Not like Sonoma, but she couldnt expect all worlds to have Sonoma as a name. She held her breath and stepped through the gate. Again her head and body started twirling and spinning and again her stomach wrenched. THUD! She landed in a very familiar place. Uzeraans Castle in Trammel Haven. "Hello, Welcome to our World" came a voice from out of nowhere.

Shadow stayed in this world for several months and had many grand adventures and made many new friends. She had even sent for her husband through a magical bracelet that they both had. But the time came for Shadow to move on. Something inside of her told her it was time to go. So again, she packed only her necessities and said goodbye. With the magical book still in her possession, she opened it and mouthed the magical words. Shadow continued to do this for a few more years, staying longer in some worlds then others. Her and her husband slowly grew apart. But she knew if she could find the right world to settle in forever, that she could win his heart back.

Finally after about ten worlds across 4 years she decided that the gate that said "This world is named ...................." would be her home for at least several years rather she liked it or not. She prayed she would like it because her stomach wasnt sure how many more gates it could take. With a sigh and a large intake of air, she held it in and walked through the gate. Again the spinning and churning and twirling. THUD! This time she landed in an area unbeknown to her.

As her feet landed on a carpet, magical voices surrounded her saying "Welcome to our shard. Please Enjoy your stay."

As she took steps down a cobblestone walkway magical voices again filled her ears telling her to take an etheral mount. She reached out and grabbed one of the shrunken figurines and stuffed it down into her backpack. After stuffing and pushing and sitting on her backpack to get it latched, she got up and walked a little further down the cobblestone walkway. Again magical words appeared telling her to touch the magical stone to gain knowledge and power. She hesitated at first, thinking she already knew all the knowledge and power her mind and body could handle. The she said "What the heck." As she touched the stone, she felt a rush of energy and power surround her and course through her body and veins. When the tingling and soft lights disappeared from eyes, she decided to move on down the cobblestone walkway. But as she took a few steps she realized how shakey her legs were from all the magical trauma she had so recently put them through. So she opened up her backpack and tugged and pulled and grunted until the etheral mount horse figurine came flying out. She closed her backpack then slowly stood and mouthed the magical words to unshrink the invisible horse. He appeared before her with a slight magical shimmer and she slowly climbed up with the last of her strength.

As she walked around the cobblestone pathway she came across some display tables that had odds and ends on them and again magical words filled the air, "Some basic items to help you on your way." She slowly reached down from atop the horse and grabbed some of the items she thought she might need. Like a bag of regents and a white leather case that she would use to hold her special scrolls of power. A blue wooden box that she would use to hold her tools that she would need to craft objects. There was no way all of this was going to fit in her pack so she stuffed it all inside the box and laid the box to rest on the horses shoulders and her thighs. She rested one hand on the box to keep it steady and then with the other hand on the rein she guided the horse further down the cobblestone pathway.

Again magical voices filled the air telling her to read the books on the table before she can leave. One of the books informed her that there were magical words that needed to be spoken to leave the area she was in. So with a tiredness and weakness in her voice, she softly uttered "Valhala" and instantly she poofed into the middle of a large stone keep. She walked to the doorway of the keep and there stood two guards. They greeted her with warm smiles and welcomes. "Where might I find a bed for the eve? I have come along magical way and I am weary and wish to beddown for the night." The guard pointed and told her to take a right as she left and follow the pathway down and past the bank and she would come to a tavern that had some beds upstairs. He assured her she would be able to rent one of those for the night. She thanked him kindly and walked on. As she walked down, she came across a familiar name, "Surely it isnt him" she thought. She decided if it was him that he would recognize her and that he would speak first. So she slowly walked past. Then he spoke "Shall we talk or continue flirting from a distance." She knew this was not her Ravenloff for he would never speak to her in such away. She continued on towards the inn without a word to this stranger. As she walked away the rude man asked her if he could see her tan lines. She turned, gave him a disgusted look and walked on.

She arrived at the inn. She climbed down off her etheral mount, said the magical words to shrink it. Stuffed it back into her backpack and put her hand on the metal door handle of the wooden door and slowly turned and pulled. As she walked in the scent of tobacco, alcohol and cooked hog filled her nostrils. She was so tired and hungry. But more tired then hungry. She mozied up to the bar and sat on one of the wooden bar stools. The bartender walked over to stand infront of her. "Hail Traveler, how might I help thee? Up for some cold ale?" Shadow spread a soft smile across her lips and said "No thank you kind sir, but I would be highly appreciative if you could rent me a bed for the eve." "Aye" the gentlemen said, "T'will be 5 gold." Shadow handed him the 5 gold from her red cotton robe and he called for Trisha the innkeeper to take her upstairs and show her to her bed. Trisha opened a set of double wooden doors and Shadow walked in. "Thank you kindly" she said to Trisha. Trisha bowed her head slightly and smiled. She turned and closed the doors behind her. Shadow looked around the room. It was quaint and cozy. A small twin bed, an armoire, a stool seated infront of the dresser, just enough to be perfect. She walked over and layed down on the bed with her backpack securely in her arms. She felt her stomach to make sure her prized possession was still in its place and sure enough it was still strapped securely to her bare skin beneath her clothing. Through out the years she had memorized the magical words to the gate room and no longer needed it for her travels. So she kept is safely against her.

As she started to doze off, her thoughts traveled to the distance worlds she had adventured on. She wanted a home. She wanted love. She wanted to find a place where she belonged. Her husbands face flashed in her memory. She missed him so much. She imagined that she could feel his strong arms holding her and soothing her to sleep. "ZzzzZZzz."

With a start she awoke, drenched in sweat and trembling from head to toe. Someone was pounding on her door. Shadow shakily climbed out from under the bedding into the crisp cold morning air to answer it. She opened the door only a couple of inches and peered out. There stood the innkeeper that had shown her the room the night before. "Miss, are you ok?" Shadow startled by the question answered "Aye, I am fine. Why do you ask?" The innkeeper had a funny look on her face and said "Your scream woke everyone in the inn up. We thought maybe you had fallen, hurt yourself or someone had hurt you." Shadow taken back by the thought she had screamed out loud apologized profusely and made up a lie that she had awoken to a spider crawling across her hand and it had scared her. Shadow apologized again and then quietly shut the door.

She slowly went back and sat on the edge of the bed. "Oh no!" she thought "Not again. Why after all these years am I having nightmares now?" She brushed it off as her exhaustion bringing back bad memories.

She felt her stomach to make sure her prized possession was still in place and sure enough it was. She shuddered at the thought of this book ever falling into the wrong hands. No one would ever be safe again. All other worlds would crumble. "No that must never happen!" she quietly said out loud.

She needed to get her thoughts straight and relax so she could think. She had so much she had to accomplish today. She had to notify her family and her husband of the new world she had found. She prayed that Guinevere wouldn’t tell Trixie. Trixie would then tell Flair and Shadow did not want trouble started in this new world by those two. But she would say the magic and bring them all here, if Trixie and Flair were part of the group...there wasn’t anything she could do to stop them from coming. Maybe she would be lucky and they would miss the gate, but she seriously doubted it. They loved to cause her trouble.

Shadow sat on the floor and crossed her legs. She placed her hands on her knees, touched her index finger to her thumb and went into a magical relaxation trance by reciting a few magical words. Shadow could feel every muscle in her body relax. She felt as if she was floating on a cloud. Tingling sensations spread through out her body and she felt herself floating back down. She opened her eyes and just sat there for a moment, loving the sensation that had just came over her.

She steadied herself as she stood and walked over and grabbed her backpack off the unmade bed. She needed to go gather supplies for the spells she would have to perform that afternoon. She walked over and opened the door and walked out into the empty hallway. She could hear noises coming from downstairs of everyone that she had more then likely awaken. She walked down the wooden floored hallway and descended the stairs. She could smell bacon frying as she got about half way down. Her stomach grumbled loudly. Instead of eating last night she had just gone to bed and her stomach told her now she would pay for that. She kept her head down as she walked over to the bar. She didn’t want to see everyone staring or possibly glaring at her for waking them up. She sat down on the wooden bar stool and glanced down the bar towards the tavern keeper. He nodded to let her know he would be there in a moment. She could hear a murmuring coming from behind her of a few of the towns people talking "I don’t know. She arrived late last night." Shadow closed her ears, she didn’t want to hear them talking about her. She patiently traced the wooden grains of the bar with the tip of her finger as she waited for the tavern keeper.

He finally got done conversing with one of the other tavern patrons and walked over to her. "G'mornin, What can I get ye this morning?" "I would like a few slices of your bacon, a sweet cake and a glass of milk." Shadow knew that was a bit much, but she was famished. The tavern keeper turned and went to the oven to prepare her meal. A little while later he returned with her plate and glass of milk and told her it would 8 shillings. Shadow handed him 10 gold and told him to keep the change. He smiled and walked away. Shadow looked down at her plate. The bacon was nice and crispy with more meat then fat. The sweet cake was round, golden brown, and about half an inch thick. It looked so delicious. There was a pat of butter on the side and a small saucer of molasses not to far off. Shadow spread the butter on the hot sweet cake and the butter instantly melted running in streams off to the sides. The molasses did the same. Shadow cut a piece with her fork and took the bite. The sweet cake melted when it hit her tongue. It was absolutely the best thing she had ever taken into her mouth. She took a bite of the salty, slender, crisp piece of bacon. It was also very delicious. Shadow very hungrily finished eating. Wiped her mouth on her sleeve. Stood up, waved, and said thank you then walked out the door into the cold morning air.

There was snow covering the ground this morning. Shadow was so exhausted last night that she cant remember if the snow was there then or not. She noticed one of the townsfolk had swept or shoveled off the snow on the city pathways. It made it much easier to walk. Shadow was curious about this small mountain town. She walked past a bank and decided she would go in and start up an account here. She went in and seen the banker that was sitting behind the table. He was going over a book and writing things in it as she entered. "Hello, C'mon in and have a seat. Would you like to view your account today, deposit, withdraw, or start anew?" I would like to start an account please." Shadow said with a slight smile. "Ah right then. I will need your full name and your signature and then any items that you are wishing to place within." "Shadow Moon Durling..." she said as she signed the piece of paper he handed her. He was writing her name in the book he had been writing in when she came in. "Now items you wish to place within?" Shadow handed him the gold and a check. She thought about putting in her beloved book, but she trusted it with no one. Not even the banker. It was safer where it was. "That will be it." she said. He put the gold and the check into a box and locked it then scryed her name on the outside of it and put it in a vault that was behind him. Shadow stood and shook his hand. "Do ye know where a magery shop might be around here?" He told her to go back out to the pathway behind the bank and take a right and proceed until she came to a T in the road then take another right and it would be a small sandstone building. She thanked him then walked out of the bank. Shadow followed his directions and soon was standing infront of a small sandstone building.

Shadow pulled the iron handle on the wooden door. The door came open. Shadow pulled it open the rest of the way and walked in. She said "Hai.....". But before she could finish the mage placed a finger to her lips to silence her. The mage then placed a hand on top of Shadows head and then turned and walked away. Shadow stood with a confused look on her face. But the mage started grabbing items off the table, out of trunks and containers and placing them before Shadow. "Whoa..She took a mental list of the things I needed. Wow she is good!" Shadow thought, and before she could finish the thought, there came a voice inside her head that said "Yes I am." and Uta the mage smiled at her. Shadow payed the 100 gold coins for everything Uta had placed before her. There were various herbs, items, and resources that Shadow would need for her spells. Including several books full of scrawled spells. Shadow nodded a thanks to Uta then left the shop.

She shivered as the morning air caught her and rushed under her clothes. She stood for a moment trying to think of other items she would need. Horse, armor, weapons and several other oddities. That was one thing about the world hopping, every time Shadow went into another world almost everything vanished. Except her looks, her clothes, and the book. The book always remained constant. Shadow had learned several worlds back that if she stuck a one million gold check into the book that it stayed with her. So Shadow would always have plenty of money when she arrived in any world.

ShadowMoon

She decided instead of asking for directions this time that she would just wander the little town. It was surrounded by mountains on all sides, that she could see just by looking around. Snow covered the ground everywhere. Not one speck of earth showed through except for a pathway to each door of every building that someone had shoveled or swept clean. The trees were barren, not a leaf or speck of any greenery or life showed on them.

As she walked she came upon a wooden sign that said Valhalla Horse Stable. She made the left on the pathway and walked into the big wooden building. The smell of animal dung filled her nostrils. Ama the gypsy animal trainer stood only a few feet away. Shadow said " Greetings, would you happen to have a horse that I could buy?" Ama said yes and produced a beautiful almost pure white horse. Shadow payed the 600 gold coins. Walked over to the horse, grabbed the mane and swung herself up. Shadow leaned down and began to stroke the horses neck. Then leaned back and with a soft nudge the horse began to walk. Shadow thanked Ama then rode out of stables. She rode the house out on the pathway then nudged the horse right. They continued on heading north on the cobblestones. Behind the stable Shadow came upon the Valhalla Pharmacy. And straight before her was a watering hole with an old fisherman standing beside it. Shadow thought the man must be crazy to try and fish in this cold snowy weather. Shadow nudged the horse left and passed a small marble building and next to it a gypsy caravan. Shadow was curious about the gypsy caravan and rode up to its gates. Shadow knocked on the gate but no answer. So she peered inside. It was a cute comfortable little place. A small table with tarot cards laid upon it, a bookshelf and lots of tapestries. Shadow was hoping someone would be around for she really wanted to get her fortune read to see what this new world had in store for her. But with the caravan being empty Shadow turned and walked on down the cobblestone pathway. She passed a sales office and a sandstone building then was standing back in front of the bank.

The Ravenloff that Shadow had seen the night before was back in the same spot he had been the night before. And making crude comments the same as he had done before. " Congratulations!! You have been voted most beautiful girl in all of Britannia, and the grand prize is a night with me." Shadow being the clever and peaceful woman she is, walked over and stood right before him. With a carefully placed knee to his groin, she asked him "How about a night with that?" then smiling, turned and walked away. As she started to head back towards the inn for lunch Shadow passed a shining blue gate on her left and decided that after lunch she would check out its locations. She continued on towards the inn. Standing outside the Tavern/Inn she could hear the commotion coming from inside. Someone was yelling "Beer! Helping ugly people get laid since 1876." Shadow rolled her eyes and opened the door. For being near noon this town had a lot of drunks. Shadow noticed that most of them were the same people that were in there this morning.

Shadow walked over to the bar and sat down on the wooden bar stool beside a sea captain. She could tell he was a man of the sea with his tricorne hat and the way he was dressed, plus the stench of musty sea salt permeating from his clothing was a dead giveaway. The innkeeper walked straight over to her without a seconds delay. "Miss, What can I get ye?" He asked Shadow, but Shadow could tell there was something wrong. There was a tone in his voice. A shaky tone. "I will have a small dish of fresh fruits, I need to eat light for my worldly travels today." He walked over to a basket of fruit at the end of the bar, reached under the bar and took out a small clay bowl. He looked around the room shiftily and stuck his hand in his pocket and pulled out a small piece of parchment. He wrapped it around a small portion of the outside of the bowl then covered it with his hand. With that hand holding the bowl he used his other hand to put some fruit in the bowl. A whole red apple, a small bunch of grapes, a peach and a banana. As he walked back over towards Shadow he slid two of his fingers apart so Shadow could get a glimpse of the note. Shadow reached for the bowl and covered the note with her hand, with one careful graceful move, Shadow slid the note into her lap and hid it in a fold of her dress. She didn’t want to show her alarm, just incase she was being watched. So she sat there nonchalantly eating her fruit. She grabbed her dress where the note was and stood up. She gave a slight curtsy thanking the tavern keeper and still holding her dress she departed to the privy that was beside the inn. She went in and sat down paying no mind to the strong sweet smell of urine within. She unfolded the dress and took out the parchment. She shook. "Why would I be getting a note in this new world, I do not know anyone." She carefully unfolded the note and a small key fell and hit the floor. Inside was scrawled in the messiest scribbles that Shadow had ever seen "Meet me in my room tonight". Shadow was surprised to say the least. She was almost positive she knew who it was from. She closed the note and picked the little gold key up off the floor and left the privy. She was walking back towards the inn entrance when Ravenloff stepped out and winked at her. He tried to stand in her way so she would have to touch him to get inside but she was able to slide past him without even a slight brush of clothing. When she got inside the Inn she looked around for the biggest, ugliest brute she could find. She found him. And wow was he big and ugly. She walked over to him patted him on the shoulder and winked at him then held out the note and key. He stood startled and unable to speak. Shadow turned and walked away.

When she got outside it was all she could do to contain her laughter. She giggled all the way to the blue gate. Glancing out of the corner of her eye she winked at Ravenloff and he blushed like a school boy. Shadow laughed even harder because he had no idea what was in store for him. She could just imagine Ravenloff sitting in his dark room and the door opening up and in walks the big brute and unbeknown to either that they were both males until it was to late. Shadow walked through the gate and said the magic words which normally takes you to a city named Luna and poof she arrived in Luna. So now she knew the gate commands were the same here as other places she had been. With a broad grin on her face of the thoughts of what she had just done she stepped out of the gate area and walked into the City Centre.

The city of Luna was hustling and bustling with various vendors selling their wares on wooden counters or in a few select shops. All of them calling out various forms of selling advertisement. Shadow wasn’t interested in any of it. She had only one thing on her mind. That was getting this spell cast so she could get on with her life here in the new world with her family and friends. Shadow opened the wooden door and went into the mage shop, not to buy anything but to scope out the surroundings and map out the floor so she could rent an inn room upstairs above the mage shop. If any smell emanated from her spell, folks would think it was the mage shop. Shadow applauded herself for being a little sneaky. She went upstairs and found the innkeeper and asked if she could see a couple of rooms at the end. He showed her the end room closest to the sandstone steps that lead her up here. She eyed the room, measuring it with her eyes...."Perfect!" she thought. She turned to the innkeeper and said excitedly "Ill take it!". "But I thought you wanted to see several rooms?" He asked. " That was until I seen the perfect room. Thank you though but this one will be perfect." Shadow said. He raised his eyebrows as he wondered why one woman needed 3 beds. "Will be 10 gold per bed...." He said as if he expected that amount of money to change her mind. Shadow tossed him a small pouch of 200 gold and said " Here this should be more than enough for your beds and your silence." With that she smiled sweetly and closed the door on the innkeeper.

The room had a large table and five chairs. Three beds and two armoires. Three night stands and a dresser. Thick sandstone walls and three windows. The windows were the only thing about this room that scared Shadow. She quickly hung a blanket off of each bed over each window. Then she walked to the table and unfastened the buckle on her leather backpack. She flipped over the top and started taking out all the regents and spell weaving objects she had bought at the mage shop in Valhalla. After everything was set up. Shadow opened the red leather spell book and started laying out the ingredients as she would need them in order for the spell. She put the dark brown clay bowl in the center of all the items. Some of the items already had a pungent smell, like the yellowish colored sulfurous ash. The smell of it reminded Shadow of extremely rotten eggs. Her stomach churned as she added it to the bowl. She mixed the ingredients together with the grey stone pestle. Then after it was thoroughly mixed, she put her hands in and scooped out a huge hand full of the gooey smelly concoction and smeared it on the floor in a medium sized circle. She kneeled before it with the hems of her velvety navy blue gown and white satiny petticoat tucked in around her. She closed her blue eyes, brushed her dyed white hair out of her face and began chanting "Vas Rel Por" over and over again. As she chanted a shimmer of blue gradually started forming then from the blue shimmer a gate appeared..Shadow looked at the clock on the wall. "It was time, they should be there." She thought. As she had that thought she could see a figure starting to appear in the shimmer of the gate and with a loud undescribable noise her sister Guin appeared through the gate. Dazed, Guin set down in a chair. She knew she could greet Shadow later.

Shadow continued to chant and must continue to keep the gate open. She could see another human figure appearing. Then with the same undescribable sound her sister Guinevere came through. Shadow continuing to chant pushed Guinevere towards one of the wooden straw seat chairs. As she turned back around toward the gate she could see another figure coming through. With the sound popped in BlackMoon. BlackMoon turned and crumpled to the floor. Shadow rolled her out of the way and continued to chant. No matter what Shadow had to keep chanting until everyone was through. Another figure emerged, it was with much distaste from Shadow her sister Trixie. Then emerged Flair in her humble blood colored attire. Shadow seethed with disgust, but she kept chanting. Now she just had to wait for her husband....Then a figure formed and with the loud noise her husband popped through. Shadow quit chanting and turned to see the room now full of people. She never noticed the last figure slip through the gate. Shadow went over and knelt beside BlackMoon, brushed her dark hair out of her face and reached on the bed for where she had placed her canteen full of water. Shadow poured a little of the water onto her hands and sprinkled it over her sisters face until BlackMoon opened her eyes. Shadow attended to everyone including the two sisters she hated. After everyone was alert and no longer dazed Shadow sat down on the side of a bed next to her husband. She slid her hand into his and smiled. He smiled weakly back at her. They all sat and talked. Shadow described to them things she had seen of the new world thus far. Then Trixie and Flair stood up, Flair with her usual better then thou attitude said "Well my dear family it has been wonderful as usual, but I have trouble and murder on my mind." With that she flung her cloak, turned, opened the wooden door and walked out with Trixie on her heels. Shadow rolled her eyes at the scene her sister loved to create and gave a sigh of relief that hopefully she wouldn’t have to see her again.

No one said anything for a few moments after those two departed. Then Shadow said "Well I will start the meeting. First off we need supplies to build our homes. BlackMoon you will need to find the strongest creature you can and tame it. Then I want you to scout for a hidden or sort of a hidden area to place a home. Guin, you will need to start gathering supplies. Guinevere, here is 50k gold, I want you to acquire a boat and fish for gold, leather, scales, maps, bottles, and sunken treasure. I will go hunt and kill monsters for gold and treasures. Together all of us can amount to something and can build a great life here in this new world with great speed. NightHawk will accompany me on several hunts until we learn the layout of this new world then we can each hunt separately and in our own time. Our family, the ones in this room, is like a business. With the right instruction and hard work each of us can have what we want. We will need a home for starters. Thus is why we need supplies. Everyone has their instructions now, lets get to work." They all knew Shadow was the best person to be boss. She had a good head on her shoulders and had attended several schools just to gain more knowledge. None of them minded the least that Shadow always took charge. With her in charge if anything went wrong she was to blame not them.

Several weeks have passed. There is now a wood and plaster house built. NightHawk and ShadowMoon now travel alone for the most part. Guin has been quite busy decorating the house. She always makes sure her work rooms are the ones that are decorated first. That way, if she needs anything at all for the rest of the house, she knows where to get it and doesnt have to search for the materials to make it.

ShadowMoon arrives at Britain bank, the run from the blue moongate to the city is always a tiring one so she very quickly marks a rune and places it inside her leather bound runebook. "Now I never have to run again unless I find myself without reagents." she thought. After she marks the rune she looks around and notices two new comers to the world standing not to far away. Shadow could see that thier clothes and armor were a little to be desired and so she thought she would meet them and offer them something better. She walked over to them and said "Hello, Are you new?" They both said yes with some idle chat between. "Ah I am ShadowMoon. I would like to offer you some better armor." They said their names were Adriar and Abriel Casswell and they thanked Shadow for her generosity. Shadow opened a gate to her home and told them they were both friends of her home and to stop by at anytime. She searched through her wooden boxes, and leather bags of extra equipment and found some rather nice pieces, and gave them to the two gentlemen. Something about Adriar had caught her eye. Something familiar, but she couldnt put her fingers on it. They were both very stunning looking and at that instant Shadow really wished she wasnt married. She then quietly berated herself for that thought.

Over a few weeks period Shadow got to know Adriar and Abriel pretty well. They were always her hunting partners when her husband had other things to take care of. Shadow joined there guild and always met up at there house after the hunts to talk about the situations that were currently arising. Shadow really started liking Abriel. Even when Adriar was busy, Abriel would want to go hunt with her. They even started nonchalantly flirting with each other.

One day after a hard days worth of hunts, the 3 of them went back to the guild house and Sinoe showed up. To Shadow, she was thought to be Adriars girlfriend. But he constantly said they were just friends. While Adriar and Sinoe were discussing her newfound pregnancy, Abriel and Shadow sat next to each other on a couple of wooden benches. Shadow started picking on and teasing Abriel. He stood up and sat on a wooden stool in front of Shadow. Shadow thought maybe it was because he didnt want to be picked on and wanted to listen more intently and closely to Adriars conversation. So Shadow stopped. Then all of a sudden Abriel leaned back and was basicly in her lap. Shadow, blushing, could see that he was starting to fall but before she could try to catch him he slipped off the stool onto the ground. The look that Adriar sent their way was one of disbelief or disgust. Shadow was unsure. Shadow still felt that weird stirring in her stomach when she looked at Adriar, but she just kept dismissing it. It was Abriel she was slowly falling for.

One day when she was out hunting near Yew, she got a message from a woman saying she had something to give Shadow. Shadow was curious and had no idea what this woman could have for her. Shadow sent the woman a message stating that it would be just a moment, but she would definately be there. Shadow, being far from Empath Abbey and the place the woman wanted to meet, threw her horse into a gallop. Her white cloak and white robe flapped in the breeze, as she flew fast to the meeting spot. Shadow knew the timing would be a struggle, because she was clear on the other side of Yew. A lot of townsfolk stared at her as she galloped through the Yew center, almost knocking over the beautiful Elven pedestal as she sped by. She finally arrived at Empath Abbey and the woman was there. She introduced herself as Xyliana and said that a woman had given her an object to give to Shadow. Shadow said "I have no idea what it could be." Then Xyliana handed her an Urn. Shadow could see by the markings of it that it was Guins work. Guin had extremely unique markings in her designs. Shadow said Thank you and then a new player named Marlene showed up. Shadow took Marlene to her house to give her some items to get her started on her journey in this new world. After that, she gated Marlene to Luna bank. Marlene then turned on her and became very rude. She started talking about Shadows new enemy Liza and a man named Beng Dev. Shadow knew instantly this woman had tricked her. She kept her composure and remained nice to the woman even though the woman had said crude comments to her. The woman left and Shadow recalled home. "I must find Guin and discover the significance of this urn." she thought.

Shadow searched all over for Guin and could not find her. Her only thought was that she must be mining somewhere. So Shadow sent a mind message to Guin telling her to come home and that it was urgent. Meanwhile, Guin was pounding fast and furious with her shovels on the rocky mountain surface, dust, dirt, and small rocks were flying up and hitting her in the face as she dug. She was lost in thought about what Abriel had said about hooking her up with a friend of his named Pete. Then out of blue it was like a note popped in her head. It said come home, urgent. She went over to where her reddish orange fire beetle was standing and jumped up on its back. She then opened her leather bound runebook and recalled home. When she arrived she seen that Shadow had an urn in her hand. Shadow handed it to Guin and asked what she knew of this urn. Guin said it was the urn she had given Abriel earlier that day to decorate his bedroom with because he had mentioned it was plain. Shadow instantly went pale. If Abriel didnt have the urn, then it must mean....Just as the thought entered her head she recieved a message via carrier that Beng Dev wanted a meeting with her and for Shadow to follow his exact instructions if she ever wanted to see Abriel again. Shadow was to meet him alone without any weapons and was to wait for his next message. Shadow waited....worriedly waited. Shadow vowed to herself that if Abriel died she would not rest until Beng himself was begging for her mercy.

ShadowMoon

Shadow waited in the quietness of her home for days without hearing anything. Just when Shadow wanted to give up and go searching for him herself, she noticed a strange person outside her house. Shadow went outside to talk to them and they recalled out. "What the....?" she wondered. She decided she needed to go to Luna. She wanted to check on supplies just incase she needed anything to get him back. She recalled to Luna and walked into banking area. Just as she was asking for her bankbox she seen the same figure she had seen standing outside her house. She put her hand up nonchalantly to dismiss the banker and walked over to the figure. The woman informed her that she had been sent to get Shadow cause Beng Dev wanted to meet with her right now at an undisclosed location. Shadow went back and put her weapons in the bank and messaged Adriar telling him that she was going to meet Beng and try to get Abriel back. She handed the message to the messenger and told him it was utterly important that Adriar get this message within the hour. The boy nodded his head and said he understood. Shadow then turned and told the lady she was ready.The lady opened a gate and against her will, Shadow walked through.

Shadow stepped out onto a stone roof top. She didnt recognize the place but she seen a figure of a man standing with his back to her about 15 feet away. Shadow waited for the lady that had opened the gate to gain her posture and to procede forward. Shadow followed her towards the man. The man turned and faced Shadow. She could see it was Beng Dev. He asked how her trip was and Shadow informed him it was fine. She wondered why he acted like he even cared, but she didnt ask. He told her that he wanted to make a deal with her in exchange for her precious Abriel. Shadow knew no matter what deal it was that she would do anything to get him back. She would even give her own life. Beng told Shadow that he wanted Sinoe Shadestar in exchange for Abriel. Shadow burst out laughing at that comment and joyfully said "It would be my pleasure.." Beng said he thought as much and Shadow asked him if she could see Abriel. He said yes, but to message him right away when she had Sinoe in her sights. Beng opened a gate to a house outside of Wind and Shadow waited politely for the other 2 to come through the gate. She wanted Beng to trust her and to know that she would do anything to get him back alive and not to harm him. Beng walked to the house door and opened it. He then motioned for Shadow to follow him. Shadow walked in behind him and followed him to a teleporter. She stepped on the teleporter and it poofed her to a different floor and there in a cage like area was Abriel. Shadow couldnt get to him because there was no floor between them. He looked so weak and tired and there was dried blood and wet blood in different spots all over him. She could see blood spattered on the floor and wall where they had beaten and tortured him. Shadow started quietly crying. The want to touch him and heal him was more then she could bare and she knew that Beng would not let her near him. She couldnt stand it anymore and Shadow tried to jump over towards him..but just as her foot should of hit the floor next to Abriel she poofed outside. She tried to get back in but was unable to. Some type of magic force prevented her from nearing the house.

She quickly recalled away. She had to find Trixie. Trixie was excellent at stealth and sneeky. She found Trixie at Flairs house and explained to her the situation. Trixie told Shadow that nothing in life was free and that Shadow would owe her big time. Shadow told her sister she didnt care that she would pay any price to get the man she loved back. Trixie said fine and recalled away to Wind and headed in the direction that Shadow had explained where to find the house. Trixie could see the roof of the house from a distance and decided it best to go on in stealth mode. She approached the house and got to the steps and tried to walk up, but a force field of some kind blocked her. "Damn" she cursed under her breath and turned around and quietly stealthed away. When she got out of ear range she recalled back to Flairs. Shadow was still there and she informed Shadow that she was sorry but was unable to help because of a force field that blocked her entrance. Trixie made it a point to inform Shadow that she still owed her. Shadow nodded and with a look of defeat quickly recalled away.

Shadow arrived home and ran inside sobbing hysterically. Guin turned around abruptly as the door flung open and Shadow flew past her up the stairs and into the bedroom. Guin followed her, caught the bedroom door before it slammed in her face, shut it behind her and sat quietly on the bed next to Shadow as she sobbed. Guin could only guess at this point why Shadow was crying but she was pretty sure it had to do with Abriel. She prayed that her sisters love was still in this world, and not the spirit world.

Several weeks had passed. Shadow heard nothing from Migon or Beng. She feared the worst and realized she didnt want to be in this world knowing that Abriel was lost and possibley never to return. Shadow got out her prized possession, said the magical words and with a thud landed in nothingness again. She chose another gate and as she entered it her stomach started churning and she could feel herself spinning. With another thud she landed in a pretty wooden area where a lady in pink was standing to greet her. "Welcome to Sylvan Hearts." Shadow sat on the ground for a moment waiting for her head to clear. After a few moments she stood up and thanked the lady then walked down a small pathway. She came to a stone and beautiful fountain. She took a long drink from the cold waters of the fountain. The water tasted so good. Clean and pure. She stepped over to the stone and touched it. She immediately started feeling herself change. Gaining knowledge again. After she touched the stone she noticed a shiny gate behind the stone. With hope and prayers she stepped through hoping that this world would be her new home.