Mining for general info

Started by Howlinmadmurphy, October 21, 2015, 01:02:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howlinmadmurphy

Hey yall, being new to sylvan and non-osi shards in general I have tonnes of questions.  Figured it would be simpler to just ask here.  With that in mind, I do appreciate the 'hidden' nature of things, why I loved early UO and games like Ryzom.  So I dont need specifics and spoilers, unless thats the only way you can answer :P  either way Im lost on many things.  If its a dumb question and I can read it somewhere in game or on Sylvans website, just send a slap my way.  Im big on skimming over things when I read.

1.  Are any events open?  (ie.  Treasures of tokuno)
2.  Do augments and the like come from most monsters (or just the sylvan added monsters)
3.  Do the Sylvan added magery damage changes also affect necromancy spells?
4.  I see tamable creatures... then I see "Ancient" versions of them, are these tamable as well?
5.  Does fel have the 'double resource' thing like OSI?
6.  Fel.... whats the deal?
7.  With augments, they show sockets required.  Glimmerings do not, does that mean items can have both?
8.  Are the Peerless bosses working and open?
9.  Didnt see entrance to heartwood, (where you can attempt to get fletching runics) does it exist or if not, where can i get runic fletching kits?
10. Can you socket arties?

I know you might say the fel ones would be easy to answer myself, but Ive been warned not to go there because its and I quote "hardcore mode".  Sooooo theres that.  Anywho, any guidance on any of thats would be grooovy.

Foray

1) Tomarties are available, yes you can get pretty much get all of them with the exception of the dyes. Greater Tokuno arties come from turning in 10 Tomarties into one of the 2 npcs in Makoto-Jima town center (note you must turn them all into the same NPC, or did last I knew and also please don't turn them in till you have 10 Tomarties to turn in). Some Greater Tokuno and Minor Tokuno arties are not advised to be socketed (Kasa and that Ninja mask come to mind as they are treated as clothing and not armour).

2) Augments can come from dungeon treasure chests, map based treasure chests and any notable mobs (which is basically all of them), a good guide is if you get an augment (crystal, Rune, Wood, Stone, Gem) of any type then it is almost guaranteed that you could in theory get any other augment from it though getting Legendary and Mythic are far less likely than getting Ancients..etc

3) Not entirely from what I have seen

4) Only one type of Ancient is tamable and it's on a timer, a very long timer to the point where if you are coming in blind and there are other tamers active on the server you are at a huge disadvantage in try to get it, however special pets do exist in random parts of the different maps and facets. Some of these are also on long timers but since they are not as powerful as the Glacials people have mostly lost track of them.

5)  Can't remember, but the inability to use travel magics makes it a pain to try to get Valorite in Fel, base materials are purchasable from the commodity stone.

6) Fel is an advanced hunting ground, it is meant for fully socketed or talented players to have fun with, some parts of Fel are extreme enough to require you to be extremely well geared/ talented or with a group of decent players. PvP can still be done there just follow the server rules regarding it and thing's will be fine for you.

7) No:

Ancients: 1 socket
        Legendary: 2 sockets
        Mythic: 3 socket

Crystal: 2 sockets
        Radiant Crystal: 4 Sockets

Stones: 1 socket (I recall there being a engine bug that meant you shouldn't put more than x (not sure how much) amount of a skill on a single item).
        Runes: 1 socket

8) What Peerless there are implemented will be custom variations of them, not what OSI or other shards have for them.

9) Correct, no Heartwood and no runic carpentry tools. Runic fletching kits come from VS (you get VS from atones, and you get atones from clearing what you kill). There is also a certain moderate difficulty fight somewhere in Malas that can drop a random runic fletching kit, but it is not a guaranteed drop and it quite literally can drop any of the runic fletching kits and I think possibly with random charges on them as well.

10) Yes, but if they are classed as clothing or something other than Weapons, Shields, Armour, Jewelry, Pets then no. So you could socket an Helm of Insight but not the Kasa of Raijin...as one is treated as a armour piece the other a clothing item.

Festus

Looks like you got most of your answers.  The only thing I may add is:  Durring my growth and still to this day after two years I continue to be a very agressive hunter.  My death moan is so common now that most people will ignore it vs back in the day most people would check with me if im ok or not.  Having said that I have found many areas that are quite rewarding to hunt and farm.  Runic kits do drop from other things such as certain Mobs.  Never forget that HIGH END treasure chests can be very rewarding but also extremely difficult. 

Fel.??? haha Man i die there lots of times.  Rewards???? Huge  nuf said.  A good thing to do is quests.  Even fel quests.  If your stats are all up and your skills are done you are ready to start using augments.   I can help you hunt if you wish.  Be glad to do it.  Just send an ingame PM to Scathach.

Howlinmadmurphy

Yeah thank you both, covered most of it.

Skills are... almost up, waiting on magery, last bit of necro annnnd like 4 points in healing. If that donation stuff is still open push it to 1500 if I can.
Stats will wait until skills are done (at least to 1200), unless the camping trick doesnt work here.

A few follow up questions since you mentioned treasure hunting, and Im still stuck in osi mentality.
-Does mining affect dig radius, or do people use things like automap to find them?
-Are the t-map locations static or random?
-Does luck affect quality of stuff inside map and dungeon chests here?

also...
Can any item (non clothing) be socketed, or is it only items that say "max sockets (2)" or the like?

Foray

Unfortunately I don't know about the map related questions, however the camping method for stats once you hit max character level cap does work here and it's the main way people get their base stats finished.

As for socketing, if an item says it as max sockets then that item can not be socketed any further. It's fine for short term arrangements but ideally you don't want any item you intend to socket and use in the long term to have a max listing. You want to be able to take each and every piece to 6 sockets, what things can be sockets is: Earrings, Rings, Bracelets, Necklaces, Armour, Shields, Weapons and Pets. Pets are socketed the same way as everything else however the person socketing needs to be able to hold/ handle the pet and it it is strongly advised that the pet is bonded to the person socketing or it might perma-die  but this causes issues as it takes one week before it's bonded to the socketer and then another week before its bonded back to you and I don't know if the 3 owner/ trade rule applies here. In the past the people who would socket pets either had taming on their socketer for this purpose or they potentially just made a 120 smithing suite using glimmerings and wore it on their tamer.

Festus

Quote from: Howlinmadmurphy on October 23, 2015, 02:24:44 AM
Yeah thank you both, covered most of it.

Skills are... almost up, waiting on magery, last bit of necro annnnd like 4 points in healing. If that donation stuff is still open push it to 1500 if I can.
Stats will wait until skills are done (at least to 1200), unless the camping trick doesnt work here.

A few follow up questions since you mentioned treasure hunting, and Im still stuck in osi mentality.
-Does mining affect dig radius, or do people use things like automap to find them?
-Are the t-map locations static or random?
-Does luck affect quality of stuff inside map and dungeon chests here?

also...
Can any item (non clothing) be socketed, or is it only items that say "max sockets (2)" or the like?

Minning skill does not effect the radius of your digging.  At 120 minning you still dig only one spot but have a higher chance of getting the highest level ore that spawns on that spot.  I think thats how it works.   FYI there are rune library that have books of spots to various ore type spots.

Tmap locations are static.  What im not sure of is whether Fel maps have boosted loot.  I dont think they do.

I have heard luck does effect chest loot types.  IE better chance at a good gem.  Im not sure but,,My main hunter does have high luck and does pick every check she finds.

Howlinmadmurphy

Quote from: Festus on October 23, 2015, 01:30:58 PM

Minning skill does not effect the radius of your digging.  At 120 minning you still dig only one spot but have a higher chance of getting the highest level ore that spawns on that spot.  I think thats how it works.   FYI there are rune library that have books of spots to various ore type spots.

Tmap locations are static.  What im not sure of is whether Fel maps have boosted loot.  I dont think they do.

I have heard luck does effect chest loot types.  IE better chance at a good gem.  Im not sure but,,My main hunter does have high luck and does pick every check she finds.
For the mining thing I was referring to the osi treasure hunting system.  They made mining affect digging up treasure maps.  I think it was only in last last few years on osi they actually made luck affect chests, so wasnt sure if that was the case here.  Luck only affected artifact drops and corpse loot for the longest time.

marshsur

the camping method for stats once you hit max character level cap does work here and it's the main way people get their base stats finished.