Contemplations of Icemere..

Started by Icemere, November 08, 2006, 12:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icemere

Much had changed in the months that had flown by, The empire defeated by the trickery of the Lich Abraxius, The fall of two leaders, Manamotto and Cor Lognorak had left the empire, that I had served so devoutly in dissaray, many had lost heart and fled from the empire, seeking shelter in other lands with other clans.

The war had also ravashed hard on the mind and heart, With Abraxius and the cult of malas tricking my dear friend Damira into the trap she still lies in, I had shed blood in my trying too stop abraxius yet on the final day, the one and only day something could be done, too stop the lich once and for all, fate dictated that i would not be able too stand shoulder too shoulder with my fellow members of the empire, Somehow I found i was trapped within the compounds of my home that day, unable too muster the strength too raise my blade, let alone adorn my plate... Dark magic's were at hand... I cried too the heavens too grant me the strength needed, Alas i recieved no blessing.... Had i not done enough too appease the gods of this foreign land i now inhabited?.... I sat for many days after the fall of lands I had fought so hard too protect, looking within my soul, Trying once again too find the will too keep on fighting the growing darkness...

A few days passed by, during my times of contemplation, when some news was delivered too my home, news i never thought could be true... the war it seemed had been tipped by the somewhat confusing nature of one i considered too be a friend.. T'genni had stood by the side of the wicked brother of Manamotto, protecting him and slaying many of my people and the alliance.. At first I was enraged at the news... Then i was told she acted upon the will of her and my dear friend Keely, who i had been told had fallen in love with this demon.. Being a creature that had searched hard for love myself i found myself understanding her actions and why T'genni had done what she did.

I finally gained the will too move forward, I decided that I must find a way too stop Abraxius and his wicked followers from causing anymore damage than had already been wrought.. It was then I heard that there was a way too trap the lich in his newly claimed lands, Alas this would not end the existance of the monstrousity, but it would at least reduce his influence on his followers, and slow his bid too rule this world... I took it upon myself too seek out the answers needed too trap Abraxius, After a long search and with a tired mind, i found the wisdom i was seeking and the secrets was revealed unto me, I then passed on the knoledge needed too my dearest friends and they in turn passed it on too others with the same goals as i and the empire... the stones were collected up and the lich was trapped, but alas i found myself trapped within my home again, It was as if fate was against me again, this was twice now I was unable too stand and make my name known too my enemys !, I was joyed however that at least this time what i had started had been executed, But again it was done at a loss... when i heard the news, That on that day a good friend had fallen, too the abyss never too return...I cried out too the heavens when i heard the news, "Oh Jager, how I wish it could have been me and not you that was taken, forgive me for failing too protect you".

Again i looked within my soul looking for reasons why I was prevented from facing my sworn enemy.. I began too doubt myself, and I spent many days within my home... confused and hurt, Eventually i was saved from my sorrows by my one shining Light, the one person able too lift my heart and soul at the blink of an eye... Varani.

Many times during the war she had sat and listened too my many thoughts and contemplations, many times she put faith in me, when even i did not hold faith within myself, I owed it too her too rise once again.

Days and weeks passed without much of interest happening, Until one day, the news that Cor would be leaving for distant lands for a while, arrived at my door, I was disappointed too see a freind and devoted allie, leave, but i understood his reasons.

I was honoured when fellow members of the empire I served, chose me too be there new leader, this action had re-invigorated me too keep on trying too somehow stop Abraxius and his minions, During this time i prayed for many days and nights, hoping I'd be granted strength and wisdom by the gods and hoped they would grant me a blessing, at first it seemed my efforts was in vain... Then one night i had a dream, one that was surreal, I oversaw all the carnage that had passed and saw the battles i had missed, at first i thought i was having a nightmare as i fought hard too awaken from the screams and bloodshed, then from out of the skys a voice was heard, one i had not heard before.. It seems my voice and cries for help had been heard all along, and replys had been sent, but i was blind too see them, I was told all the strength i needed was already within me, as it always had been, i just needed too believe in myself and all would be won, As I tried too reply i was awoken, by the noise of Griswolds furnace starting up... Somehow i felt stronger... even thought i looked the same, as if my soul had been reworked, and strenghtened, I finally felt complete.

And so now, I stand tall without fear, knowing i am not unfavoured by the gods, and that all i need is within myself, and that all the love i have ever wanted is within the heart of my beloved Varani... Finally now things seem too be looking brighter..