Gathering up for a player run town in Tokuno

Started by Rhatoqtrax, November 11, 2006, 09:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhatoqtrax

Hail citizens of this fine world of ours !

You read right, I'd like to gather up people to start with a planning for a newly founded town in Tokuno.

Why there ? Well, these lands offer riches and opportunities not comparable to any other location in the old worlds. Of course, at some risk: Please be aware that those lands are known to be hostile, and we could expect a few unexpected encounters or even raids.

I find that RP and PvP belong together if well-done. And not everyone needs to be able to fight even, but could RPishly ask for mercy or call in for help of (player) town guards. Not only do I look forward to some fun, but also to actually allow our races to get involved properly. Quarrels intown between races surely are as normal as an orcish raiding group. The only thing I'd like to know about is how killcounts are handled, or if we'd rather use ERPA style using declared guildwars. I'd happily ask for some ideas on these aspects, and would soon like to found a council that prepares this mission.

To keep the city prospering it is needed to have active citizens of various crafts that'll be able to defend and support eachother. I'd prefer to not see any business going to other towns but instead, allowing for a great community amongst the citizens.

I'd love to see us not rely on NPCs at all, except for selling of course, and would be happy if we could get self-sufficient for all our needs soon.

If you feel appealed by the idea of taking free land and prospering with new friends, please sign up and leave a note below, aswell as any further ideas, wishes, comments or whatsoever crosses your mind.

P.S.: I hope many of you like the idea, and if we get enough people it'll soon be a staff-supported town just like MarketVale but in PvP area. If too few people sign up to get started, we'll have to discuss further goals.

MikeH

Hoorah

Im up for it.  Im a pretty good blacksmith, so  i could help out there.  I also am a fight so i could gaurd as well.  Thats pretty much it though, besides being one of the most powerful players ever to play UO............... :-\

Taraes os Baresi

Hello :) I would love to be apart of this town I am a Druid so could add some strength into thee defence of the town right there :P

Rhatoqtrax

Great news !

Several people applied for the township already and we are starting to move houses into the targetted area now. We not only have enough people to start and cover the requirements for a granted townhall, but also are close to getting enough citizen for real township which allows roads and the like as our budgets can handle.

This is a rather lengthy process of course, and will require not only work from our citizens but also the gods. For those very young town members we might talk about partial covering of costs or decoration donations by the richer members if urgently needed.

Thanks to all participants for the efforts, and be sure to ask our crafters for house equipment as needed.

Rhatoqtrax.

todd0168

As Guild Master of the Crusaders of Justice, I would like to say that my young guild members and I are eagerly anticipating the move into this new town.  We have all discussed it and are all for the move!  We should have all of our thing packed and ready for the move today.  We look forward to expanding our adventures into the unknown of a playe run town.

8)

Shibo

I would like Eadgyd to form part of this town. She is a cook, so you won't be hungry =)