Last Dinosaur Seeks new herd (Bad news for 56k users)

Started by Forest Rithik, December 24, 2006, 03:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forest Rithik

(Sorry if this is in the wrong place, couldn't see a Recruitment request catagory so made it in the Guilds thread)

*Takes a random parchment out of his pack*

*Unfurls the ragged letter*

*Tacks up a tattered parchment onto numerous noticeboards around Sosaria Sylvian*

(Sorry for the crudity of it, only spent 5 minutes on it, but it gets the message across)

Freyr DArden

I read "Skilled in the art of Breeding" and chuckled :)

Reasey

*Walks up towards the board and notices the message that has been left behind by the one that had named himself Rithik. He stops, amused as he had heard of that name before and begins to read. His eyes scanning down along the list as he crosses his big arms to steady himself. *

*He nods after the message, and decides to scratch his own message to the author*

Aye. MarketVale is always looking for citizens within its borders and your skills. I can't say much for the skills in Breeding, as I beleive we have too many younguns as is, but if you mean Breeding AND training Ostards, then it shouldn't be a problem. As far as your other skills are involved, you seem to be on par with Ardin, who has been doing a wonderful job, but could use a fellow who understands his trade to swap stories with and can work together.

If interesting, and willing to check it out. Follow the Vendor stones to MarketVale via the Pretarian Merchantile or Big Cat Metalwerks. Or if you wish, send a pigeon letter to Rease Hunter when you can.

And please, don't feed the pigeon before sending it.
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Valius

Rhatoqtrax

Nicely done "application" there, great idea and looks.

Well, if you don't mind being at risk of PvP (never happened yet at all though) in our Tokuno player town, I'd like to invite you to the Sempiternal City (soon to be publicly opened; stupid holidays  ;D). We already have several of druids who try their best to bring Gaia into the desert we live in and share their knowledge, and another druid surely would be great to aid our Druid Temple Mistress in this task. The desert is somewhat hostile but our guards - and probably your pet aswell - shall make sure to keep you safe from them.

We offer great people, the chance to get yourself involved into constructing the only city in PvP enabled area further and a nice set of trades to cover our needs. Having PvP enabled in Tokuno, we look forward to fun like tavern brawls and the like, which are just impossible in Trammel.

Though, there's a few restrictions for joining up though, e.g. this must be your main and your house(s) should preferably be moved into town, afterall there's no town without houses. Sadly during xmas time I have no way to play UO at all, so please speak to "Tara" or "Faethora" if you are interested.

P.S.: While at it, we're seeking proper people right now, but want to finish certain parts of the town before doing so "officially". But of course, anyone might just contact me/us if interested.

Forest Rithik

Rithik as a few questions:

What is your take on Rattan buildings ?

What is you take on Oddball buildings ?

Would seeing a new house every two to three days be bad ?

Rithik lurks around with his half zombie brother Forest Ornlu is that an heresy to your guild ?

Reasey

QuoteWhat is your take on Rattan buildings ?

As far as MarketVale goes, it's generally allowed since the idea of the town is more of a neighborhood of Merchants and Ragamuffin warriors moving in to be closer to one another and share their buisness with each other. As I can't directly control who can or can't place a plot on the land we live in, I can't control either the building that they create

Plus, we have a treehouse in the middle of town, near the forest, so I don't think it would be too bad :P

QuoteWhat is you take on Oddball buildings ?

Havin a Rattan building in the center of Stone and Wood houses would certainly classify itself as Oddball enough ;) but just as was mentioned before, I can't control what you build in the area. That, and we have a lot of Oddball homes. Heck, we have a Dojo in town that has a maze on the second floor, a Library made of paper and wood, nd once we had a house made outta nothing but stairs.

QuoteWould seeing a new house every two to three days be bad ?

Not really, I'd imagine it would just bring  the townsfolk out to see "That Rithik fellow make another house"

QuoteRithik lurks around with his half zombie brother Forest Ornlu is that an heresy to your guild

Not really, we have Stroem Safai in the guild, so whats a half zombie family member? :P

Lol. Plus, we have dealings with CoM, whom are considered bad guys by most. In fact we had several stop by our Christmas party on the 20th. We also consort with deamons who have lived within the town (Flora Leigh, for a while, and then Arioch mainly).

Biggest thing though is that if your lookin between CMV and SC is difference between MarketVale and Sempiternal City. MarketVale is located in Trammel in the Forested part on a road between Minoc/Vesper and Yew, and North East of Britain on a crossfoad by a swamp and small desert. Sempiternal City is located in Tokuno at an undisclosed location (won't say since its not opened yet). If you don't like the chance of possibly being attacked by other players not in your guild, then in MarketVale the only thing you'll have to worry is a few over zealous players (sorry Kalador!) or the occasional mounted person fresh from a hunt who forget to Peace themselves clicking on you to see your paperdoll.

But if excitement that comes from being in a PvP area is your cup of tea, then definetly I'd say SC since our PvPing comes from sanctioned tourmaments and the occasional bit of RP that comes with members outside of the guild into Tokuno.
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Forest Rithik

Rithik isn't fussy about where he lives, he once camped in Urk village when Gurgy was around.

Rithik as had extensive viewing pleasure of Illusion towers and Stairways to nowhere buildings, Rithiks speciality or Spiral Staircase buildings and combing them with stillts Rattan walls, swamps and walkable platforms all over the place and not forgetting Acacia's bane item of his shopping list....the dreaded Rope steps!.

If Manamotto and Xenon are still around they will be able to tell you what insanity most of Rithik's buildings take on. The last one he built was sensible for Rune book users sake he he.

Rithik as planned a rattan and Granite (Yes the stone crafter resource) inland Light-house! but its still a secret *Shh!*

A Half zombie family member is a half relation, Urk + Savage = Rithik,  Urk + Zombie = Forest and Rithik and Forest share the same Urk ancestor. (Don't try to visualise that too much)...Family shard and all.

Chances are in a PvP location I'd probably chase my nieghbours around with Elementals, or cloned Drow Queens or so after a few weeks...Its possible that might happen did iit to Anu once when we went to Fel hehe.

I will stave off my decision until boxing day (when I am hopefully back at My own computer) then will decide, still time for other guilds and folk to share their oppinion/s.

Forest Rithik

Although I am not home yet (Going to send an obscene phonecall later on and find out when I get picked up) I will have to choose Marketvale. I have come to my decision based on several things; Rithik although used alot isn't usually my "main character", Atleast 2 of my characters would find Zento wasteland overly dangerous even if they can usually survive drakes while more or less nekkid, PvP characters usually come in the form of Forest/ Anderson and maybe Wastenott if I remake him but these a usually suplimental characters and hard for me to play with in the long run given various problems each one as.

Also I prefer my PvP land peoples to be loners, besides in tavern fights I'd probably kill everyone including my self doing something silly..