Special hues for animal forms?

Started by Damira, March 08, 2007, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damira

I looked through the Wush List, and did not see it, but maybe it has been suggested.

There are special skin hues available for some VS's in the Vs buyables. But I wondered how possible it would be to make some available for the alternative forms of the custom races (I was especially thinking about the wolf and cat forms of the wolven and felinus)?

Just throwing the idea in, I know there's already a lot on the list.

Miri

Well, the wolf and cat forms already have a couple.. but let's face it, black, white, tan and sorta beigey are pretty dull... especially when you can get your hands on all those pretty new buyable ones.

Unfortunately, insofar as I'm aware, if you get the skin dye, then use your animal form, you revert back to whatever the race stone is set on.
I wonder if there's a way to stop that from happening?
On one hand, it wouldn't be fair for the wolven and felinus race stones to have some of the buyable hues by default since everyone else would have to purchase the colour change.
On the other hand though... I want a blue kitty!
;D

Forest Rithik

Rithik is smurf blue and as been for about two months now, he morphs, polmorphs and race stones frequantly and doesn't loose his blueness.

I have lost the smurfness once, I Incognito'ed, racialed and then polymorphed (Don't think Incog had even worn off) and my hue had reset to the permanent grey he had before turning blue (I was grey not from dieing as you might think, somehow managed the feat with morphing all over the show).

But unless you do something silly like all possible morphs at once, you have nothing to worry about. Even dieing morphed doesn't reset your hue. Same with Necro forms as Forest is still sunburnt pink after all the morphing and dieing he as done to (though he as no racial stone as he's waiting for a more interesting one such as Gargoyal)

Miri

Aye, hun... but as far as I know the race stone only resets your hue if you're felinus or wolven.  None of the other race stones have different hues to choose from built in ;)

Slyhippo

Yes, i agree having a red wolf would be nice, i wish there was a way to modify the racial change color