Message from Rease - People with CMV connections.

Started by Reasey, March 17, 2007, 08:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reasey

I seem to remember a post a short while ago on the CMV boards when I had made a comment to the effect of:

" All Drama will be Ignored"

And I remember being applauded as a great leader with ambitious idea's, and with pledges from everyone on the subject of keeping things simple and clean, and their ego's in check for the greater good.

Now I ask, and pardon my speech: What the hell happened?

I turn around, i get things back on track with people, we live our lives and play our game and things explode the more I get involved to keep things under control

And the effect? The game not becoming fun for me no more, and me leaving it more and more to persue other things.

The reasons you might ask, are quite simple. What has been done lately is simple. There has been personal attacks against people openly, gossip behind other peoples backs, lies, deceptions, ego's unbalanced and running amok, and people involving personal feelings within the game itself.

People. I am 21 years old, I run what I use to think was a decently ran RP Guild on the Sylvan Hearts shard. I am perhaps one of the youngest people in the Guild itself, but yet I feel I am more mature than some of the older people who feel entitled to their own opinions who state them, tact and courtesy being damned.

We are seriously, SERIOUSLY in a crisis of tact, courtesy, and general respect for one another within CMV and some that are not even within the guild that its appaling and sickening me to the point that Im not having fun with the game, or talking to some of you.

We've had arguments over people who feel other people are destroying this Guild within the game, and instead of keeping it civil or at the very least ignoring the other party, spreading the news of it like wildfire through other ranks and reporting a biased view of the entire thing to others and ostracizing the other party involved.

We've had people gossiping and rumour mongering behind other peoples backs, spreading things that should otherwise be a personal matter to one person and one person only.

We've had ego's running loose, with people feeling they are allowed to lead others when no one seems to be asking simply because they they have seniority, a shiny title, or entitlement to do as you will.

We've had people contact staff for outrageous reasons because they feel they've been "harassed" by another player for whom they've started arguments against.

We've had players LEAVE because of all of this, and slowly, so am I.

Im going to lay it down thick and hard for some people, because I want to insure to everyone that my message becomes loud and clear: I am not having fun, and those above are the very things that are destroying this guild. No, it's not because one person started another guild, and some people left for that one. No, it's not because Im hardly there. No, it's not because of ANYONE. It is THOSE reasons above, and I am quite sick of them. Sick of them to the point that Im thinking of becoming too honest with some people.

I made this Guild as an RP haven, as an escape from the "Empire/Kingdom" ideal that was popular at the time for a small town look and feel. I had played MarketVale for almost 4-5 years previous, and I had also thought that perhaps it would be a nice idea to relive some of my nostalgic days when things were fun and lighthearted, and was all about the story. Sadly, now it's not about that, and I want to remind people also that CMV is there for Friends, and for Me. I made this, and if I think people are going to treat it as a childs object, then I will take it away, and I will either move it somewhere else, or I will simply make it cease to exist.

So for those people who have been causin problems, here is your options: Grow up, or leave. If you choose to leave because of the harshness of my words, then Im sorry that we are not the Guild for you, and for you wasting your time. Im only going to be building this further on for people devoted to Role Playing, for being Friends, and for sticking your nose out of peoples personal life from here on out.

Some of you should expect things in the PM's here shortly.

SO I say thank you for staying through my rant, and if your not part of the problems that I've mentioned, thank you, and I hope that you'll stick around/come back to help us build further. However, if your part of the problem, then I say sorry for being so harsh, but sometimes people need truth to realize their mistakes and better themselves in the end, and hope your mature enough to do that without hard feelings.

~Rease Hunter
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Isalentia

OOC Remarks

Hey Rease!

I wanted to coorespond with your letter in several ways. The first being your words. You've described turmoil but left it in an invitational state to be more persucuited and speculated upon. For those not sure of what or who "Egotistical beings are, who drama is gearing towards.' you've engaged a new audience to point the finger just about anyone.

Well my friend let me clarify this to those who are just trying to understand!

Rayne and Rease Love each other in character. That is a given but they have different aspirations. Oocly (out of character) these to individuals Rayne and Rease are good friends. Heck we all are. We talk lively on the phone. We don't hold secrets.

However, they as adults came to a choice, a decision as individuals that they wanted to do their own thing. Why is that so hard to comprehend? Not just them but so did other individuals within the CMV community.

As (players) we can choose to stay in a guild and leave a guild. Rease wanted many to have the tavern life, simplicity. Rayne wanted a more regal, militia orintated storyline? So, they gave that choice to those who were in the guild. Do you wish to follow this storyline this way, or that way?

Now (where) does the drama come? Well, if you are someone that is not part of the CMV storyline, or around someone that is instigating some debauchary of who did this and did that. Tell me? Can you honestly trust someone gossiping or saying they "hate this person, or I dislike this person?" A person like this only construdes to self-ego. To be the center of attention and eventually turn the table on "you" the listener. It's a repetitive cycle. Once a boisterous town crier always a boisterous town crier.

So, here's my reflection. If these two leaders are seperating. Trust me folks its not on bad terms. They just need to follow their own storylines in a different reflection. Stop harrassing previous CMV members, and targeting them as some heretic's or bad person for wanting to follow a different storyline. That my friends is discrimination of play time. Its sick and royally uncalled for.

Its a game. If you cannot understand role-play you shouldn't be on this server to begin with.

Thanks Rease for your sentiments. An I hope your time away will give you room to breath and come back to gaming again on Sylvan Heart!

Isa's the player

(this was also a coorespondence on the marketvale boards)

Gotrek

Rayne and Rease,

I hope all is well now. I am sorry to see that such turmoil has reaked havok upon a guild I know and trust. I wish you all the best whatever the outcome is.

I would still consider joining CMV simply for the brotherhood/sisterhood value of good die-hard RP'ers.

PM me either of you so I can know what I have to do.

Thank you,
Gotrek

Predatory Beauty

Goteck we would love to have you! All is solved now.

So no need to worry about things. Reace and I are and always will be an Item. We just adore each others cpompmany that much. CMV will always be around in one form or another and we are doing what we can to make it fun for Rease again! Cus dang it I miss my man! lol.

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
( " )_( " )