guilds

Started by misstressd, March 23, 2007, 09:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

misstressd

Sorry Maybe I'm out of Line here but maybe the guilds could have it where they could have their members be able to login private from others be able to read what they have to say.  I always read all the new news and I felt as i shouldn't have been able to read what Rease was stating, cause to me it was to be private for his guildmates. And as since some of the Marketvale are shard council they could bring it up to Staff. Like i said sorry if I'm out of line here meant no offense or disrespect.... Dyna  :-X

Damira

Well, guilds that want to do so can create their own forums, and a lot actually did. That was also the case for CMV, and if Rease wrote something on the forums of SH, it was no everyone could know what was going on.

Cearbhalyn

Yep, he had to have wanted that to be a public statement, becuase they have actually a couple differant web sites/forums, as well I would hope that He knows who each guild mate in on the forum, and could have sent a private PM to each as well.
I dont think each guild should have its own area here in most cases becuase the guilds are very fluid here. Some only last a week, and few last more then a couple months. There are some that have been here for a very long time, and perhaps in those cases they should get their own, however, by that time :)...most the drama has been worked out.

Anyway :) have a good one
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

RedWolf

As a member of CMV myself I would like to state that he did post on our private site as well as here, if memory serves he stated that there were those outside the guild he was referring to as well so it was appropriate to place it on open guilds forum here as well so he didnt have to point fingers and such.  I'm not trying to talk on Rease's behalf, he is capable of doing that himself, just trying to make thingd a bit clearer

Reasey

Lol RedWolf is actually right in that I was also talking to other people outside of CMV as well. But I think generally most people are correct.

Caerbhalyn is mostly right in that the Guild Forum is a fairly smooth going. Most Guilds don't have a website, as they get started and quickly fall apart due to competition or neglect, others last a fairly long while, enough to get a freewebs or Angelfire site running, and few last around long enough to have a professionally done website with a professional board done.

Plus, even in CMV's case, I have some members who don't regularly visit the website as much as Me, Isa, Rayne, Ardin (who by the way is part of OOC) Stroem, and RedWolf, so I had to make a post as well on the SH boards so that they'd still see :P. So I don't mind if you want to read the CMV posts and catch up on our news. Not posting anything private that Im sure most people don't allready know about. Most other Guilds do that as well, specially in the case of TCP, ES, OOC, CoM, and a few others so if you don't want to read up on their news, your more than welcomed to skip over em.
Don't worry I'll put something here.

lana

Quote from: wiseman on March 25, 2007, 02:55:03 AM
so if you don't want to read up on their news, your more than welcomed to skip over em.

I think what Dyna was trying to say was she felt she had read something private. She doesn't get into others business. She loves to read up on what everyone is doing and how everyone's rp is going. And because she is my rl mother I'm not taking up for her, it's just  she felt she had done something wrong by reading it . that was why she suggested a private login for the guild forums(guilds that had been here long enough to get that)
Quote from: Dyna on March 23, 2007, 09:06:54 PM
Sorry Maybe I'm out of Line here
So please don't think she meant any offense, she felt she was the one in the wrong.....

Reasey

Lol take offense? I didnt take offense, and I hope she didnt take my line of "don't read it if you don't want to" as offense either. I just figure its a rule of thumb that if it's on here instead of on the Guilds website or in a mass PM then it's a safe bet that it was meant to be public for anyone to read.
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Predatory Beauty

With the post Rease made. I have held my comments back, because i really dont want any thing to cause arguements, nor do I want CMV to look bad. But I asked him to post on both boards for a reason. Things that had been said, *by the nameless person* that rease mentioned in that post were said to a number of people out side CMV. The post was set on the SH board to put all questions to an end before they got out of  hand.

If it upset any one We are sorry,
Sometimes just got to do what ya got to do.

*smiles and hugs*

(\___/)
( ='.'= )
( " )_( " )