A list of what i have used for skill gains.

Started by Flint, March 29, 2007, 03:01:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jharnul

UOguide works alright. I noticed that since skills raise higher here on SH, you can go a bit more loose (i.e. wait a bit longer before crafting platemails), so you can keep doing stuff that costs less ingots for a longer time.
The same goes for a lot of other skills that still go up reasonably even though the rate of success is quite high.
j

Festus

My smith looks like he will be done some time today i guess.  I got a good count on ingots used as well as time macroing from 100.  Its actually not near as bad as I thought.  Im used to using a minimum of 250k ingots and a week or so of macroing.

If any one runs into  any smith augments please save em for me.  Im hoping to raise his smith to 135 or 140 with jewelry.

Malik

I was told that smith augments didn't stack past your max skill, just the ancient smith hammer. I wouldn't mind getting it up with augments tho hehe

Lucian Darkfire

Correct, augments don't take a skill past 120 no matter what skill it is. The only point to them is to save your skill points for use elsewhere.

Festus

Quote from: Lucian Darkfire on November 04, 2012, 01:27:22 AM
Correct, augments don't take a skill past 120 no matter what skill it is. The only point to them is to save your skill points for use elsewhere.
ohhh man, I have so much to learn.  I need to get someone on skype or vent and have a long conversation.  Kind of a school without typing.  Im not lazy to type but since my strokes I type slow and my fingers dont always go where they should and i forget sometimes how to spell things that I really know so it gets embarsing some times.  Talking is for me much faster and then i can take notes and Ill hopfully remember.

Lucian Darkfire

Festus

After looking at the taylor skill gain guide I followed it close and I have a question. 
Sorry that it seems i ask a lot but im still learning Sylvan.
After gaining skill to 100 should i keep on making studded gorgets to 120 or? 
I did notice that gains are better with around 60ish percent fail rate but i wonder what I will make when reaching 100. 

Festus

Quote from: Kage on June 29, 2007, 03:47:19 PM
Quote from: Valius on June 25, 2007, 10:44:52 AM
I remember the days when resistmagic was raised via casting firefield and walking up and down it :D

Ah now those were the days :) fond memories indeed lol
I remember when on osi magic resist spells was gained by casting blade spirits from the wing on a tower and standing on the wing.  Also there was some spell that could be gm'd by walking up and down the stairs in a small workshop.  Maybe it was also resist.  There was so many bugs.  LOL

Festus

haha I forgot what i was reading this thread for.  Macing.  Someone showed me a good way to raise macing in the newb dungon but i seem to have forgotten the trick.  Info??

Cypress

I personally say the best way to train macing is against a friend holding a wand using evasion in Tokuno... but that's me ;)

Festus

I tried the wand thing in the newby dungon but it seems that while holding a wand you cannot attack anything.  It wont swing as a mace does.  so no skill gains.

Foray

Wand is for training parry and training someone elses weapon skill (especially weaker players who might otherwise get slaughtered by your auto-attacks). Wands are also extremely useful for tamers as it allows them to not interrupt their own taming attempts due to auto-attacking so they don't have to keep tabbing out of war mode, with Mace and Bush/Parry it also means they retain their defences through all this as well.

Afreyoo

Bowcrafting 50-89+ better make fukiya darts. It need one board or log.
🐺