Glory's tale,

Started by Mina, May 16, 2007, 07:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mina

My father taught me to fight from an early age. He said he could sense the evil coming and he wasn't wrong. My last memory of him is watching him battle 50 evil minions to allow me to escape, I saw him fall from the distance... They all fell that day.

I ran to the place my father had made for this day. He was always prepared, and he taught me how to survive. I trained, then I trained some more. When I was ready...I went out to hunt down the evil that had come. But things had changed...the land was different, There seemed no way back to my home.

I found many travelers who kept whispering of a doorway to the forgotten land. That was my home...my way back and I had to find it, I had to avenge my father!

There was a yell of anguish in the distance, A strange sound of joy yet of pain...I had to go and help...I could not stop myself..  Evil, many  many evil minions..they had overcome a poor warrior...no...it was a druid...I had to stop them, had to save her. I ran into battle, losing was not an option...I had to fight until there were none left to die....and I did...with every swing of my club another 3 fell,  then it was over.

We talked while I tended to her wounds, she told me a story of where she came from and how she too was lost...but to my shock, she told me that she was from my home town...Moonglow.

From that day we have traveled looking for our way back, for our revenge. The day is near...

Editor's comment     This post was edited to remove a picture do to our Family Shard status.           

Mina

Glory's tale.. The end of fate
Many years had passed since the finding of her home. Mina and Glory had ammassed a great guild of Felluca Warrior and their hunts were legendary. The days were good to the lost children now.
Glory had gone off into felluca on one of her hunts as she did nearly every day. Her mission to protect the innocents  would never end. This day however, would be her last hunt in Felluca.
When she saw the blinding far off flash  and heard the great roar,  a shrieking more louder than a thousand souls she knew there was trouble. Galloping along on destiny she found a sight that shivered her very being. There was no way that she could allow such an army of undead, collectors of souls and minds to come into her land and destroy all that had been fought to protect,  Not again...visions of what had happened in her childhood passed by her eyes..." I will not let this happen again ."    She sent destiny away with a message for mina to call the warriors forward to battle and ran towards the denizens of darkness to send them away,  But who was the little girl amongst them, small but well built and fighting off more than a small creature should ever have been able to?  A Drow....?  Cutting her way thru the field of blood and bones she made her way to the childlike girl. Back to back they faced of the  enemy. Then the voice came..."thou hast been Judged "   
Glory had no idea what it was to mean,  but the little girl went white with fear. "it is the Trillium doorway, I have passed its threshold but now it is after my soul,  I cannot escape it"

It was as she said those words that the light around her began to shimmer, still fighting glory heard the little girls pleas, " do not let them take me back,  I cannot go there again, Save my soul" 
Glory grimaced as a blade hacked into her shoulder, winced in pain as another was thrust into her leg. On she battled tho, brave as any Felluca Warrior could be. The girl started to fade into the light so glory mustered all her strength and leapt towards her, grabbing her into her protective arms. "I will Save you, I will protect you in this world " 
Mina  came riding with the wind, Warriors behind her with lances out and blades at the ready, cutting thru the swarry of undeads, destroying what they can in order to reach their friend.  That was the moment Of judgement, By her words, Glory had been judged to replace Thorn. And the light grabbed her soul.
Mina shrieked as a part of her was torn, unsure what to do she grabbed the girl and thru her onto the saddle and held her hand out to Glory,
She will never forget the words spoken that day,  Glory looked into her eye and said "I have to go, I gave her my word I would protect her. We have lived well and avenged our family. Now I must go into this void and seek my destiny"
the light shimmered once again and the image of glory was no more, no body. No dead bodies at all. Just a little girl sobbing on the back of Minas horse.
Mina turned to the girl and told her, "my sister sacrificed herself for you, so now you will be protected by me." Thorn swore fealty to nobody, but this day she swore an oath to follow the Lady Mina,  and another adventure was about to start.

Mina

Many days passed by. A never ending onslaught of vile demons and dark necromancers. Gods of all vile intentions and creatures unheard of in the known realms. Glory could only fight for so long, her pride and honour kept her going. Finding small holes in trees to rest and recover from the battles as she went, that was all she could do. An endless battle against demons that were not really there. This judgement had taken everything from her, strength, nobility, passion and most importantly, Her soul.
May times during her recent battles had glory found herself enjoying killing, feeling the blood spray over her face was exhilarating. This strange sensation was becoming overwhelming to her. For the first time in her entire life, Glory was beginning to enjoy killing.

For three months glory battled the minions of what she called HELL. Hiding in trees and eating cold raw meat her only chance of respite. The only way of replenishing her stamina and strength. Her will was weakening by the day.
After a half slept eve hidden in a bush, glory wiped the gruel from her axe, raised her blade and yelled to the skies, "here I am, take me....take my soul. I have had enough and I will not fight no more!" But there were none to hear her cries. All had gone, no ghostly visions to defend against, no monsters stampeding against her.
For 7 days she trampled onwards, with each passing day, Glory became less of herself and more of an image of what she had been. Many years had slipped from her soul, her battles had taken their toll. Lost and confused, she stumbled onwards searching for what she did not know.
A faint glow on the horizon alerted  her, eerie greenish and pink. " What evil awaits me here" she murmured and onwards she trekked.
The Great White tower beckoned her over, what power it had. She felt her soul vibrate with the sight and knew there was great power held within. " what kind of tower has no doorway?"

"Glory... You took the place of the judgement. You have given your soul freely" the voice echoed in her head.... shaking her body and sapping her strength. " Your fighting skills have pleased us" Glory shook her head, shouting to the tower that she will never be part of its plans. She will forever fight to her end. Only goodness can defeat the dark.......
  Then she passed out. DARKNESS entered her body.

Vixen RedBlood awoke. "Who ...what.  Where am I?" she muttered  The voice inside her head stirred her mind..."vixen, you are charged with gathering our pupils of darkness, take the hand of evil and fight our sworn enemies of the lands. Find your master and give him your soul. Follow his commands as he follows ours."

Vixen RedBlood awoke. " Who...What. Where am I ?"   

It was the second year of Glory disappearing. Mina went alone to the spot where she had gone, kneeling down, she prayed for forgiveness at failing her sister, at letting her go. Thorn had prospered under the watchful eye of Mina, but she was no replacement for a proper sister. Mina missed glory and wept at her loss. It was then that she heard the faint stirring in the bush. " Glory" she yelled.....but what she saw was not a fae sister,  more a dishevelled wolven girl, covered in all kinds of foulness.
The Evil that was inside Vixen could not escape Minas senses. Her staff at the ready  she called out, 2who be ye and where do you hail from?"
Incredibly, Vixen knew exactly who she was, where she came from. Deep inside her head...she knew the memories of glory were part of her, but knew that part had long ago been finished. I am Vixen RedBlood, beware of my wrath for I have come from a place you cannot go, moulded from the fires of hell and given the power you could not hold sister.
Mina stumbled backwards.  " thou cannot call me sister, evil has no place with my family"
  Vixen bellowed an almighty roar of laughter, she told mina tales of hero's that only she would know. Tales of her and glory, the days of great things and noble deeds. "Forget your sister ever lived Mina, you have become great...moved on in life without her. You have become an elder of the Fae."   Vixen grinned such an evil grin. "all that you have gotten since I departed as your ...dear sister, I shall take away from you. I shall seek out my master, and through him...I shall seek out your kin, and destroy every little bit of them. My hell has not yet begun!"
Mina charged into Vixen, ready to stop her from ever causing destruction, Then stopped dead in her tracks, Vixen's image changed to that of glory. Mina's true sister. She smiled and then faded from sight, Mina broke down into tears, her sister had been consumed by evil. Glory had been ripped from the fragments of her soul and been changed into this evil wolven called vixen RedBlood. She knew the only way to stop her, was to kill her own sister and call for the gods to enslave her soul.
Mina cried some more.....