PVP and looting

Started by KukoShaku, May 28, 2007, 04:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

heh, terminology is what holds humanity back. (points at twigs and matches) MAKE FIRE.

:)

Pk in UO means x.
Pk in general means, kill other players.  Someone has to die and it needs a name hehe.

just wanted to make a final comment to bring all aggravation that could have surfaced to zero.

See ya'll n game ;)

P.S. Looking for a guild that goes out looking for the strongest monsters to kill.... i'm looking for a family within a family.

Cearbhalyn

there are plenty of RP names that do not simply refer to killing a fellow player....

Bandit
Bandito ( for the latin twist)
Thieves
Mauraders
vigilanttes
any of the various names for small guerilla groups that happen to also be bandits
Brigand
Or even if you just happen to get your jollies on whacking people MURDERER
If you would like i can come up with more :) Happy to help you RP it instead of just kill people.
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

KukoShaku

Wow i didn't think i'd start a fire here... anyway, it's nice to see people talk about the issue and getting it sorted out. Hence why i asked in the first place... i didn't want to be labled a senseless, random PKer... a type of player i don't like... (to put things VERY nicely  :)  hehehe)

On another note... My evil marauder has been created and they (not naming any names here) have begun traning! So yeah, watch this space for the finall announcement on the completion of the marauder! After that... i'd say travel in groups around fel and/or tokuno  ;D

So yeah, have fun! and carry lots of gold where ever you go  ;)

Flint

Guess ill throw my 2 cents in on this 1. Pk'n and outright griefing are 2 very different things. My very first experiance was with a guild on osi that hunted playerkillers ( the ones that just kill to have fun ). There was nothing funner than ambushing a few of these vile murders and takeing there heads. I have played on lots of free shards where there was no safe area but here at sylvan all of tram is safe. Do i feel that pvp-pk etc. is part of the game defiantly. At least here it is made to be roleplayed and who cant roleplay a bandit? At least here we wont have to worry about being res-killed and some 1 standing over you saying i powned you. So to the people who wish to roleplay a bandit,thug,kidnapper etc. i say have fun with it and i hope my poor crafter if caught in fel or tokano can outrun ya  ;)
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

TTG

oooo we can kill in tokanko toooo???? :)

Forest Rithik

All of Tokuno (Best Go to Urk land when an Old world Urk is online :-P), The Revamped-Re-released Feluca, Fel Destard and various racial lands/ towns are Felucan rule set (PK able)

KukoShaku

Quote from: Flint on May 31, 2007, 02:21:07 PM
i say have fun with it and i hope my poor crafter if caught in fel or tokano can outrun ya  ;)

If you are poor then you are safe in the fact that when you die... nothing will be taken from you   :P  hehehehe but yeah, it should be fun... once training is done  :-P  hehehehe  *puts his running shoes on*  ;D

Flint

Just keep an eye open for those who look for vermin on the roads, sometimes the hunter becomes the hunted :o
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

KukoShaku

Oh you shouldn't worry we have ways to go unseen and unheard, and we will strike when you least expect it. Sometimes with propper warning... "WARNING WARNING!!! SOMEONE IS AFTER YOUR HEAD AND LOOT"   hehehehehe  :P

Cearbhalyn

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am broken on this point.

Just in case you have NOT read the rules recently....

"Don't meet a person and immediately attack them without warning ... Rather, notify them of your intent and then get to work."

http://www.sylvanheart.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=96.0

That means that sneak attacks are out of the question, unless you can figure out a way to RP it. There are ways, however I am not going to help you on that one. I think that sneak and hide might be better used when you banditos turn and run from the people pulling the Glacial out of their pocket and pointing at lunch ;)

Have a good one.....
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Flint

you know i thought i would just throw in 2 cents and be done with it but... How else are you supposed to roleplay a thief,robber,cutpurse etc.   Part of there skills are hideing stealth and backstabbing. Though I am not an avid pk' r there as much a part of the game as a tailor. Bottem line is if you do not like it stya out of fel and stay away from tokano. I agree with you on a lot of things Cearb but this 1 im afraid not. If foolish miner knows he can be attacked going to fel to mine and goes anyway just because its always been safe you cant complain when out of hideing pops a few thiefs and demands you pay a toll for being on there land or forfit your life. There as much roleplaying as anyone.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

Thane ir'Wyndan

Much like the orcs lands what you do is this.  Post something in the forums stating that the Bandit Clan Sneaky Buggers has claimed this stretch of territory and to beware.  Make an announce in public chat that you are sneaking up on someone.  That gives them time to move and run if they want to.  Boom problem solved, sneak attack away.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

KukoShaku

Quote from: Thane ir'Wyndan on June 01, 2007, 04:15:58 AM
Much like the orcs lands what you do is this.  Post something in the forums stating that the Bandit Clan Sneaky Buggers has claimed this stretch of territory and to beware.  Make an announce in public chat that you are sneaking up on someone.  That gives them time to move and run if they want to.  Boom problem solved, sneak attack away.

Actualy i think i might try to set up some sort of a bandit group... not a guild (guilds carry titles) but more like a gathering and hunt in groups. No leaders, elders, etc... just a mob of blood hungry and gold greedy bandits   :)

Anyway, once my character is up and running fit... you'll see an annoucement... something along the lines of beware of where you travel. I don't want to announce that i will be in a particular area waiting for people to show up. That kinda fends people off and bring lawmen in trying to thwart you and that ain't good for business  :-\  lol  Basically Tokuno and around Fel (you know the areas where it's "ok" to practice this type of business  :P hehehe) is where i'll hunt. So yeah, you shouldn't worry about the RP, because i will RP the entire time i play my bandit. So as a hint, just look out for people saying odd things in public or normal chat... you know anything out of the ordinary  ;)  and like i said above... i will announce the whole thing here.

Just one question here Thane... if i do all of that (the annoucements and RP and stuff), can i sneak attack or come out of stealth to ambush the target?

Quote from: Cearbhalyn on June 01, 2007, 02:46:44 AM
I think that sneak and hide might be better used when you banditos turn and run from the people pulling the Glacial out of their pocket and pointing at lunch ;)

Don't know about that... when we have mob tactics worked out, the bandits will come out on top  ;D  there's only so much you can do against a group ;) unless you're Thane and blow everyone up at once, i think the bandits will enjoy taking the body apart of someone who pulled a Glacial out on them.

---This is just off on a little tanget here.... can you put people's heads on a pike? So you know who dies and what not... It may be useful, kinda like mark where you've been. The number heads on pikes in a particular area should tell people where it's safe-ish and where it's not  :)

Valius

When we used to PVP on the real servers, you were allowed to take any expendables (bandages, potions, food etc), 5K of gold, and each player had a special yellow backpack that we could place special items like quest items into. Anything inside the yellow packs is fair game, and freely lootable.

Kevetsa

Quote from: KukoShaku on June 01, 2007, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: Thane ir'Wyndan on June 01, 2007, 04:15:58 AM
Don't know about that... when we have mob tactics worked out, the bandits will come out on top  ;D  there's only so much you can do against a group ;) unless you're Thane and blow everyone up at once, i think the bandits will enjoy taking the body apart of someone who pulled a Glacial out on them.

Pfftt, mock not the Glacial till you can kill one. Remember that pets don't vanish when the owner dies...
Give a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kevetsa Kususroth, Smitt, Drahca, Bethariel