Dwarf Shape Shift

Started by Admin Acacia, July 26, 2007, 08:36:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

It has been discussed a few times that the shape shift of the Dwarf race is just well.... too big.  Shard Council has been discussing what form we might change it to.  Do any of you have a form you think might look better and more "dwarf" like for the dwarven race shape shift stone?   Let us hear from you.

Never be less than your dreams.

Tythonys

For some reason a badger like creature comes to mind.......not really sure why....."Badgers!.....We don't need no steeeenkinnnnnn Badgers"

Admin Acacia

Though I do find that very funny... it will need to be a creature we have graphics for in game.

Tythonys

a bear maybe.....knid of a big badger i guess.....

Aderyn

Silly question: can game art be scaled up or down at all? I've seen some creatures around the lands that appear to be scaled-up versions of other monsters. Just as an example going from the badger/bear suggestion: Could a bear graphic be scaled down to a more badger-like size? I don't know much about how tweaking graphics on the shard works, so I have no idea if that's even possible.

Crimson

"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Flint

looks like 1 of the best choices crimnson.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

Admin Acacia

I'm afraid we dun got that critter in our bag of graphic tricks.  :-(

TTG

at celestial heavens the heroes of might and magic fan webpage, you can see detailed info on races, but i suggest these:

minotaur: since we have a maze already.
titan
golem
gremlin
druid
succubus
hell hound
zombie, skeleton
ghost
vampire
dragon form
griffin,
footman warrior type, angel (since u have deaemons)
and assassin :)

ironhand

Admin Acacia

Not sure how this is suggesting a graphic for Dwarf shape shift stone.

Forest Rithik

I thought Lurg/ Trogs where slightly taller then Human models ?. I'll keep a look out for a comparison  picture, but I might have been thinking of another critter. Its a good suggestion though.

I also agree with Acacia I have no how those suggestions a post prior to this are relevant to the Dwarven Shape Shift issue. But breaking them down.

Minotaur = too big
Titan = too big
Golem = too big
Gemlin = Mongbat (Umm Lol?)
Druid = a Class and not a race
Succubus = Female Daemon Race Shift form.
Hell Hound = one of the colours available to Wolven if I am not overly mistaken.
Zombie and Skeletons = left overs of formerly living things and not a race in their own right.
Ghost = See above (Also indirectly = Wraith/ Banshee form for Necro)
Vampire = See above x2 (Also Indirectly = Vamp form for Necro)
Dragon = Not relevent to Dwarves, perhaps to Dragon people but meh.
Griffin = No model, no experianced coder to do them also not relevent to a subbterrainium race as a shape shift form.
Angel = Ethereal Warrior = a Fae relative| (Daemon Race Succ/ Arcanes opposite = Fae/ Pixie/ Wisp form)
Assassin = Class not race.

Tythonys

I think the defining traits of a Dwarf are onryness and tenaciousness........and one creature comes to mind for both.........The Dwarf should turn into......(drum roll and quiet gasping from the audience).......Acacia's Bunny!!!!!!!!  (or  maybe a min Thane....lol)

Madeline

What about an imp?  Now, I suppose traditionally, dwarves dont' have wings.  But imps are about the right size.  ???