Taming, Necromancing and Ninjitsu

Started by TTG, August 18, 2007, 02:55:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TTG

Not quite sure if this goes under the wish list, but i'll give it a shot.

This request is geared towards making my individual character stronger, and in reality, probably is not like it is for a reason.

necromancing Venegeful Spirit = 3 slots   add a horse you have 4.
ninjitsu Decoy = 1 slot per decoy
Taming = X slots which reduces the uses of both ninjitsu and necromancing.

My main resaoning is that a person with taming + another one of these skills is unable to use the other skill to it's full potential.  When I use Animate Dead (which when in Fel fighting those super strong monsters and other super strong monsters, the monster it creates usually die in one hit to the monsters they were created from, but that's ok, that one hit is one less hit that I am taking so it works out) they do not take up any follower slot and I can have up to 3 at the same time.  When using Venegeful Spirit, it's only for one monster and after that monster is dead, it dissappears.  Obviously there has to be a way to only have 1 at a time, but sort of like how the Familiar works, maybe that can be implemented.

Sort of a bunch of ramble, for a cause which I don't feel would make one person overpowering, just trying to get the full use of every skill. 

P.S.: I remeber some discussion awhile back about some cool things but someone mentioned that they were wanting to make necromancing shape changes faster.  Wraiths be able to run as fast as a horse.  I then read the stratics forum, and they say that even in Feluccia, the wraith form is made to run through anyone without stamina loss.

Thanks for your time, and if this is just a wish list based on my personal preference over someone elses personal preference, then I am sorry.

-Ironhand

Forest Rithik

I actually feel that not being able to use either conflicting skills together easily (Like Chivalry and Necromancy), or using skills that have conflicting resource/ requirements together (Follower slots, Paperdoll slots..etc) is a very good thing. If I can remember correctly Mirror Image (Ninjitsu ability) can have 5 Mirrors and these mirrors each can absorb one full hit from anythings Melee' provided they are within 5 or so tiles of you this includes hits against you (Shouldn't be working against Spells or Archery), once the image as done what it is supposed to do it will poof, life span on them is around 45 seconds otherwise. Last time I played with them  Mirror image couldn't be interrupted, could be cast while moving, can be used while fighting without interfeering with your swings, was affected by fast casting & fast cast recovery and cannot be used while mounted.

I am also against being able to have more then one Revenant or Familiar, while one on its own ithe Rev s nothing special being able to have 2 or more lowers the chance of any of them dieing quickly or being dispelled (unless offcause if up against something very hard like Anubis..etc). As for the Familiar several Wisps would help massively with mana regen on a Dread level character, enough so that you would rarely have to worry too much about how your going to have to conserve mana..etc. If one dies then its easy enough to recast and cheap also. Only thing standing in the way is the inability to command said Familiar..etc

Vegenful spirit was intentionally set to have 3 slots so people couldn't combine it with controllable pets and/or Earthies/ EVs.

Just because one of your other abilities could or is impacted by one of your other abilities is really no reason for anyone to be asking for skill based independant follower slots (for example 5 for Taming, 5 for Nec/Mage, 5 for Ninja..etc). If it was so then I could easily make a monster of a template and because of the followers wouldn't need to use a steed as much as in the past

Also do not take anything from stratics at face value, alot of things have been altered for the better (Like the Ninja forms, Death Strike..etc).

Best thing I can suggest is to pick the right follower at the right time..etc then the chances of you running into a problem lower drastically. Also use shape chaning sparingly and not all the time especially on a Dark-Palading style template.

Kauri

I think I agree with Forest (and with what you said too) about the skills are the way they are for a reason.

I'm going to put in one thing about the decoy skill. Decoy has a short cast duration and takes almost no mana. If you plan the fight ahead (start with 3 or 4 clones) and have the slightest mana leech you can cast clones indefinately during combat. You'll never get interupted because instead of getting hit the damage is diverted away from you. It doesn't take too much leech or mana regen items to be able to recover 10 mana in 3 or 4 seconds (lich form), especially when you start with about 150 mana. My point: clones are immortality in a can. Not as bad as grove, but i feel comparable, especially for fighting a single strong opponent.

So....clones independant of taming followers? Glacial wyrm for attacking, and 5 clones to prevent you ever dying. Toss in a wisp for even more mana regen and a revenant for more damage. When used individually these things may not seem that powerful, but when you put all 3 together it just doesn't work. It goes too far out the other end. You shouldn't be able to solo everything.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Kauri and Forest have said it all in a nutshell there.  And as a general rule for everyone, when you start a request with "this is to make my individual character stronger" it will probably be a safe bet you are asking for something overpowered.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

TTG

Thanks for the feedback.  I had to try :)  I push myself to find the perfect in perfection every day, and was just hoping this could bring me close to immortality :)

-Ironhand