Ultima Online Auto Map

Started by seterwind, September 09, 2007, 06:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seterwind

Hello wonderful people of the Sylvan heart world. I have a great time playing on the shard so far, and under 200 hours have 2 wonderful chars. My guild has helped me immensly and the GM events are so fun.  So I'm hoping to provide a service.

There is a program called Ultima Online Auto Map (UOAM for short), you can find it here.

http://www.uoam.net/setup.exe

Help for the program is found here,

http://www.uoam.net/

It is much better then the radar in game and allows you to post notes on areas that you visit. Making it very convienet for new players to map out places like, oh I don't know... fel? (Still am scared to go around in there).

It also if a person hosts a server allows you to see other players connected on said server. I will be hosting said server, no password, just have to type in the IP address

It's a convient way to keep track of where your party is, where they ran off to and such.  My server will be up and running 24/7 or as close to that as possible. If anyone has any problems connecting to me, post here and I will try to fix it. Most of the problems can be found at

http://www.uoam.net/

Hope this helps people out.

seterwind

If there is someone who wants to help test this out with me, I think I may have messed up the port forwarding, please Pm me on here or in game. Thank you.

Admin Acacia

I always suck with those "link" things in UOAM... but I  LOVE that program.  It has saved me many lost hours when I've been on a boat fishing.   I highly recommend it.

Never be less than your dreams.

seterwind

Aye I think I got it working now for sure. If you want to be one of the first to connect it would be cool to see your name on there Acacia :D.

Just need to type in the IP adress listed above and voila you will be able to see Khana and I on there, and any other players that show up.

Also that panic button is really nice to go and help players out.

seterwind

I am happy to report that the server is working, Iggy and Biki are on it already. It'll be nice to see everyone on eventually.

rubycona

It works, but just as a heads up...

UOAM sometimes doesn't update the map correctly, bewteen trammel, malas, etc etc. If it looks like its on the wrong map when tracking someone, just correct the map one of a few ways, such as hitting Map at the top, then going down to world, and choosing the correct map. If you're trying to track a player, if you go to Link, then player list, it'll show you their nearest location. Sometimes nice, like magincia, sometimes just ilshenar. Either way, you can see which map it is there.

Not usually a problem, and not much of one at that. Just good to know about.

Iggy

seterwind

People keep using this service, I'm very happy to provide. Great for group hunts!

Just bumping this up mostly, and I do apologize for the occasional down times... but currently at a rate of 98% up time.