Augment Information

Started by Mirage, October 04, 2007, 07:49:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morwen Aldarion

To answer your question Yatici

Quote from: Mirage on October 04, 2007, 07:49:41 AM

~~~~[ JorRune ]~~~~

Weapon: +Special attack Triple Slash -- Note: This rune is GLITCHED. It changes requirements for different people. Example for me 100 Fencing to use. On another character 100 Swords

Also, just a comment. I think the Gems section of this post needs to be updated:

Quote from: Mirage on October 04, 2007, 07:51:19 AM

Mythic Tourmaline - 3 Sockets
Weapon;+25% Weapon Speed, Shield; +15% Reflect Physical, Armor; +15% Reflect Physical, Creature; + 5 All Resists

For example, the mythic tourmaline only adds +15% Weapon Speed.

Festus

I just wonder if only Glimmerings and Runes can be added to jewelry or if gems can also be added to jewelry.  Wow, after 2 years I may be ready to mess some with socketing jewelry.

Garrick

Gems can be added to anything, runes only to weapons

Cypress

Gems and runes cannot be put in jewelry so far as I know... at least not and have an effect that I know of. However crystals and glimmerings and I think maybe woods are made for jewelry :)

Garrick

haha I stand corrected.  That'll teach me to post while tired.

Festus

Thank you all for your help on this topic.  Im still trying to figure out how some people can stand and tank and survive against some of the most vicious beasts while I am pretty much on hit killed but something as basic as an Emerald Dragon for instance.  I have finally collected a nice selection of augments but am not sure how to apply them to my best advantage.

Howlinmadmurphy

I have some queries involving augmenting pets.

1.  How many 'sockets' can pets have?
2.  For the ... rubies I think, it adds armor.  Is this adding to its physical resist, or something like what armored swamp dragons do?
3.  With rubies (if physical resist) and tourmalines, Is there a cap that it can raise the resists too?  or is the sky the limit?

Foray

1) Pets can have a maximum of 6 sockets.

2) Not sure, it's either Physical resistance OR it's damage reduction (like what the Drow King as). Cypress will have to say what it actually does.

3) No idea for pets but players are still bound by 70s.

Also I should point on that some of the augment info might be out of date as to how much of whatever they are said to do on the forums, we really do need to fully update the augment info on the forums as some things have changed over the years.

Howlinmadmurphy

Thanks for the info.

The two I am most curious about are the ruby and tourmaline.  I have some and they indeed do say the same things as here.
Ruby - Creature: +5 Armor
Tourmaline - Creature: +3% All Resists

So I was just thinking since "armor" used to just mean physical resist, that it would just add there... but then again yeah theres things like armored swampies and whatever that drow king has.  Dunnnnnno.

But with the tourmaline say I take a maxed out Rune beetle, which would have 95% poison resist and add a mythic tourmaline (+5% all resists).

Would it become...
1-  100% poison resist (95+5%)
2-  95% (with that creatures max being 95%)
3-  Something else because of some hidden cap to resists that was created to prevent this.