Dungeons and Paging Staff

Started by Admin Acacia, October 07, 2007, 08:02:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

A couple of topics here.   Remember, dungeons ARE dangerous places.  You go in one, especially alone, there is a chance (some more than others) that you will die.  Please do not page Staff expecting us to come and save you.  You can ask over public chat for player help if you want.

You all know that it is sort of impossible for us to have Staff covering 24/7 in game.  When there is Staff on line, we are often busy with shard business, we don't just sit.    We are having more and more issues with players putting in a page and going AFK.  We go to deal with the page and the player is not at the keyboard.   If we come to your page, and you do not answer us, we'll cancel your page and move on.  You can repage when you are back.

Never be less than your dreams.

Mirage

Don't quite understand why someone would page staff if they die.*scratches her head* anywho. I will state I have done the afk page a handful of times but it's usually cause something IRL happens. It happens sadly. But it is a good idea to cancel and move on. Sorry for being hassle in the past *huggles acacia*

Thane ir'Wyndan

I can understand if its a bit of a wait that something comes up.  But lately I have answered a page as soon as it came up and the person had already gone afk, that is what puzzles me.   ???

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Bob

Personally I have never understood why players think the Staff would or could bail them out when they die. Hmmm in RL do we have someone standing there to bail us out every time we make a mistake. People this is suppose to be a VIRTUAL Reality Game. As far as going AFK that is just rude and very disrespectful  >:( >:(. It might be time to consider making it a minor jail offense. Saying like 100 jail rocks.  :D :D

Mirage

It's not rude when something IRL happens and you must answer it. I mean after all..irl is more important and dire. And as much as it annoys the staff, it happens (not to be rude guys). I've made a page and had to run off because my daughter had gotten hurt (got herself caught between her bed frame and the mattress. How? I still don't know) But you know..things happen. And it does yank us away. Now I cannot say everyone is as important as that. I've known some people to page and walk away for a drink or really need the restroom. Those are things that could be paused long enough to cancel one's page.

I can say I've played both sides of this field and I know it's annoyance. When it comes to this particular situation I agree with Acacia's cancel page and move on. It may be somewhat annoying and consumes a little time but it's the most respectful one for both sides of the playing field. Whoever made the page can just reissue when they are done with their task that pulled them away in the first place.

Kauri

Hm, I agree with Mirage, you don't always have time to remove the page.

To add onto what Acacia and Thane said - if you page to get a house placed - know where you want it, and preferably be there. Sure, if you're about 4th in line you may not want to wait however long it takes us to get there. I answered a page recently where a) the player was in the Magincia blacksmith, and b) didn't even know where he wanted the house to go. That's a major waste of time because I then had to follow him around while he sorted out who/where/what/why.

In that sorta situation we also have 2 options - move on and make you repage or make anyone else waiting in line to wait even longer.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Oh I understand when people HAVE to leave the comp for something, that doesn't bug me.  But certain people seem to do it EVERYTIME they page.  Heck get your drink then page or something but anywho this is getting off topic a bit.  Mostly, just don't page when you know you have to immediately go afk, and do not page when you die expecting staff to make everything better.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111