DoE Christmas Party

Started by Silverglade, November 06, 2007, 09:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am planning a Christmas party of us, what day works best for you?

December 1st
7 (77.8%)
December 8th
1 (11.1%)
December 15th
1 (11.1%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Silverglade

Hail all,
  I will be hosting a Christmas party for DoE members at my house. We will be featuring a white elephant gift exchange, and plenty of good stuff for everyone. Please let me know which date works best, so I can plan accordingly.

Your talents are your gift from God, how you use them is your gift to Him.

Aesa

Quote from: Silverglade on November 06, 2007, 09:41:53 PM
Hail all,
  We will be featuring a white elephant gift exchange

When did we put white elephants in game? *giggles*

Silverglade

Aesa, my love, of course you are invited. I'll try to find a pink elephant for you...

willow

Wow!  Christmas Party!  WOOT.  Will check calendar and post vote probably tomorrow Silver.  Hehe, sounds like a blast.

Corsair Razion

Either the 1st or the 8th for me, methinks.

Silverglade

Ok,
  Well, December 1st seemed overwhelmingly the best day for everyone, so that is it. 6:00pm EST should be a good time for most. For those that have not done a white elephant before, here are the rules.

1. Everyone brings a wrapped gift, which I will lock down so no one peeks. Doesn't have to be something uber fantastic, but something nice, please.
2. We roll the dice to see who goes first.
3. First one up picks a gift, opens it, and reveals what they got.
4. Second person up has choice of picking another gift, or stealing the gift the first person got. In which case, the first person gets to pick again.
5. Next up, same thing, can steal from any of the others, or pick their own.
6. Etc. Etc, until all gifts are picked, and everyone has a gift.

All I ask is that everyone come to have fun. Don't expect to keep the gift you got, cause that's not how the game usually works. This should be good for those that always say they roll low at the dice, since they will get to go last, and have almost everything to pick from.

7. And most important rule---HAVE FUN!!!

See everyone on the 1st!!!

Ayla

I cant wait, I love Christmas Parties!

Iggy

Silverglade

Bump!!!

Reminding everyone that party is tonight 6PM EST. Bring a gift if you want to do white elephant exchange. If you don't come, yo uon the hunt list ;)

Kalif

Pfft i ain't comein just so i can be on the hunt list =D i will own u silver muwhahaha