The 3rd Stance (Abraxius related)

Started by Miri, July 22, 2006, 01:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miri

(Note: I am writing this thread with the agreement and input of Eldarace... this is for the Neutrals, those who don't wish to throw in their lot with either side but wish to aid the story anyway)

Minerva sat upon the topmost balcony of her house watching the sun set.  The soft breeze rustled through the leaves of the surrounding forest, giving the impression that the trees were quietly singing their joy for all to hear.  Occasioanlly, it would also lift and move a few strands of her ruby red hair, but she paid that no attention.  There were other things on her mind this day.
'My love.'
Minerva looked around to see her husband, Urian, his white hair looking almost orange beneath the evening light.  He smiled, a sight that always filled her with a sense of joy, and passed her a goblet of berry wine before taking a seat next to her.
'Thank you,' she said, gracing him with a smile of her own.  'It is just what I needed.'
Urian nodded, then turned his head so that he may too watch the setting of the sun.
Minerva liked this time of day.  It was a ritual that had been taking place between Urian and she since they had shared their first kiss.  Each evening, they would find a place, a balcony, a garden, a clearing in the woods, anywhere where they could simply sit together and reflect on all that had happened.  Sometimes they shared their thoughts, sometimes they simply enjoyed the chance to be together without any interference or distractions.
'About Trinsic...'
Minerva held up one hand to stall his explanations.
'It has passed,' she told him.  'And no harm has come of it.  I know why you went there, my love, and I do not blame you.'
'That Damira does have some worth,' he replied with a rueful smile.  'And I do hate liches.'
'I know,' she answered.  'I just wish it could have come at a better time, or in a better way.  I too detest the undead, although for reasons that differ from yours, and I would like to see the creature fall, but I must refrain from becoming involved.  Feanturi is about neutrality, my love, as well you know.  Whilst I see no problem in our members choosing sides in this, the guild itself must not else our neautraility be lost.'
'Aye,' he replied, his tone serious but soft.  'Which is why I am only trying to help out on the fringes.  Yet, Trinsic was too good an opportunity to miss. I have not had a good fight in years.'
Both Minerva and Urian chuckled at that last comment, both knowing how the other felt about such things.  Urian had ever been a warrior and he did so hate missing the opportunities for fun that a good battle gave.  Always before, Minerva had stood at his side in any conflict, her magery acting as the perfect counterpoint to his blades.  They had fought together for so many years now that such battles had almost become a dance, a reaffirmation of their love as they protected one another from harm, moving from step to step in perfect harmony.
'I will not seek to hold you back from that,' she told him, a small smile on her blood red lips.  'Although I do wish I could be with you. Perhaps next time you will inform me of your plans so that I may pace and worry for you?'
'I shall do that,' Urian replied with a chuckle.  'I do not intend to fight their war for them, but I will help if I can, even if that does mean aiding the lich at times.'
The last was spoken with distaste, accompanied by a shudder of revulsion.  Minerva understood his sentiments on that.  Good tactics lay in getting to know ones enemy.  Knowing that this Abraxius was a lich was not enough.  What had he been in life? What did he remember of that time? What was he truly capable of?  Those who fought him but made little attempt to see past his decaying exterior would find their battle long and hard.
'I understand,' she said as the sun slipped below the horizon.  'But please, whatever you do, keep Feanturi out of it.'