the word whiner

Started by Skynar, September 27, 2008, 08:34:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynar

I think this word "whiner" needs to become a jail word.

I am so sick if trying  to have a conversation with someone and explain my position and be called a whiner.  It is not only immature it just shows that people have run out of their own argument and know they they may just be incorrect so they have to throw out the word whiner.

There are a lot of posts on this forum about being kind and showing respect to fellow players and yet   there sure is a lot of that word being used.

Now feel free to start calling me a whiner for this post.

Khayman

Thane ir'Wyndan

No you have a point people should be allowed to express their own views without being called a whiner and I do not want to see that in public chat anymore from people.  We can all have discussions as at least reasonably mature adults without that.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Admin Acacia

Opinions are like @$$es, everybody has one.   We all have our thoughts and opinions, and are free to express them. Now, this doesn't mean people will agree with us, and doesn't mean people won't "think" we are whining.   I whine quite often, it is good for the soul.  Anyway... we must attempt to be diplomatic and not rude in public chat.

Never be less than your dreams.

Christina

I am sorry that everytime we play a game that someone on the losing team has to complain about the rules and regulations that have been in place for the past year since i have been here. I have felt upset about the way some games have been played when i lose. i just complain to my husband off game and go on because i know i am just frustrated with losing.  So i understand the way you feel but it not pleasent for the winning team to hear over and over again it wasn't fair they won. I hope it does not upset anyone but i thought it need to be said.

Love Christina ???

Morwen Aldarion

I do not believe any rules were called into question - nor was anyone trying to say that the winning team didn't deserve their victory.  Any game (and life) is a mix of luck and skill and usually is not exclusively one. 

Thus let us hug, sing cumbya, and continue to be a family that communicates respect toward our fellow men and women.

*hides in a corner waiting to be 'sploded as she sings cumbya*

Skynar

i never said that your winning was unfair,  in fact i recall specifically   Congratulating the other team.  I simply brought up my opinion and reasons as to why I think the game should be changed to be even for everyone and take out the advantages of some skills that some of us dont have or have slots for on our alts. hence like checkers.  a more even playing field.  regardless old argument that will get no where from responses that day. And the only person to blame is  me because i told myself i wouldnt play the game anymore because i did not believe it was even... then i went and did it and like always got irritated and frustrated about it when some things did happen during game that as always happen that should not in my opinion. So just perma ban me from playing the thing in future and no one will have to listen to my opinions anymore on it.

Me i love invis maze.  but everyone else hates it and "whines" everytime it is offered  which is about 1 out of every 20 paintballs.
So theres multiple sides to every debate/story/opinion/options/ blah blah blah.

Now ignore this post because im just ranting.

Problem solved.

Teclis

I love invisible maze and all the events. We've asked for more time an again, but staff has to deal with their pesky annoying real lives and a lot of times players don't support them. Only time I don't go to an event is if i am seriously deep in doom or fel or if I go afk and miss the start. Events are cool, even the ones that are annoying to me I can't stand rat ina jar but I still play it because I get to hang out with al these fun people, who are killing me endlessly. Anyways I think you have the right attitude, do what you enjoy and avoid what you dont and go do something else you do enjoy. No one will get upset with you for that. :)