This is how you Email your Boss your not coming to work Today

Started by Skynar, December 19, 2008, 04:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skynar

This is just a Normal day for me LOL.  In red I added some notes so would make sense
But this is what I actually sent in to my boss this morning and scary part is, There is not a lie in it LOL

Ok so heres my day so far.

At 3am our explosive gas detector went off and half the Batallion  Came to our house  only to get zero readings for gas.  We even reset it before calling and 30 sec later it went off again.  Ghost? (we have EVP's of voices in our house and have been investigated multiple times, Midwest Taps group is coming out in April) Malfunction?  To much beans last night?    One will never know But i am sure i will appreciate the bill for the call.

needless to say   sleep following did not commence.   After freezing my arse off this morning getting both cars ready to go at 6 am( wishing i had a bigger garage), Blowing ten pounds of Crud out my nose and coughing up another 3 lbs, I sent the mom went to work with a kiss and a "thanks alot" for the duty of getting the child ready and taking him to school Since we get to start late today. 

Took my antibiotic (wicked sinus infection)   drank a full glass of water with it and proceeded to take the " I dont wanna go to school" attitude child to daycare.  The whole time from 3 am till then being still slightly irritated about the whole merit increase thing   (we found out yesterday that due to economy all raises for 2009 were suspended.  Lovely since I just got approved a month ago and was going to be on 1st check on 2009  So im S.O.L) and wondering "is it really a good idea for me to go work today with this 'unAmerican' attitude"

Dropping the Child off, I  proceeded to make best of it and head for work and think about all the things I was NOT going to say.  !/4 the way to work  Due to the lack of sleep, over exertion, lack of food, antibiotic, stressed out bad attitude, I felt the warm internal flow of yuckyness heading up my throat.  At this point I said the  Heck with everything and came home.

So in short  I'm starting my Christmas Vacation a day early.  reevaluating my attitude, throwing my detector out and buying a new one,  eating some dry non retching type food, Building a bigger garage, buying more Tissue, hiding from my child for a day, and  at some point try to remember  who the shmuck is that says "Life is Grand" so that i can whack em upside the head.

Merry Christmas to all And I will see you when myself or yourselves get back.

Roy

Admin Acacia

*makes him a huge pot of warm, soothing, healing chicken soup*

You know, when you think your day has sucked, you always find someone else who sucks worse.

Never be less than your dreams.

Skynar

Mmm mmm Likes chicks and soup  err i mean chicken soup <EG>

yea its a doozy to say the least LOL least my neighbors are kewl so at 3 am im knocking on their door asking to bring the child in.  Stupid  Ghosts and their pranks.  Usually they keep themselves to playing the kids toy piano and opening the washing machine door... walking thru the house on hard wood floors.. Always fun when ya hear footsteps in your house and no one is there.  think im kidding ... i am not.    Weird, it goes in spurts where nothing will happen for awhile then a whole slew of stuff will.  And it seems like when me or my wife start discussing it again    it starts back up. and we were discussing it with one of the paranormal groups on the phone last night  and WAALAA. 

Marlenus

This'll make you feel better!

1 12oz beer. (Lighter beers work well. Darker beers lend more flavor if you like it)
1 egg yolk.
3 teaspoons of sugar. (Brown sugar if you prefer)
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
2-3 whole cloves

Warm the beer, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves together in a small saucepan. Do NOT let it boil. (The beer suds will dissipate after a few minutes)

While the beer is warming, mix the egg yolk and the sugar together. Do this for a long time! The egg yolk will become lighter and lighter in color as you mix it with the sugar. The longer you mix it, the lighter it becomes. You want this to be as light as possible. Some people mix until it is pretty much white.

Once you're done mixing the yolk & sugar mixture, you need to temper it so that it doesn't scramble when you add it to the warm beer. To do this, add a tablespoon of the warm beer to the yolk & sugar mixture and mix it in. Continue adding tablespoons of the warm beer until the mixture is warm and liquidy.

After you temper the yolk mixture, add it to the saucepan with the beer, cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove. Allow it all to warm together for another 3-5 minutes.

Now turn off the heat, ladle your fresh batch of mulled beer into your favorite mug, and enjoy! (you can use a strainer to remove the cloves if you like)
The shovel does not actually hit the ground or the stone or the cave floor.. nor does the fishing pole hit the water. There is no spoon.. *puts on Matrix sunglasses*

Stroem Safai

*chuckles* I found this hilarious but i hope that you do feal better *wonders if this would work with his first seargent*