Starting Dungeon

Started by Moxy, September 17, 2009, 03:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moxy

Other then being able to use it to setup macros and such I think the starting dungeon is rather weak considering you can come into this shard with 2 skills at 100% or 3 at 70%  I can go in there now with 30% archery and clean up house.  Granted I have 110 anatomy and 70 some odd tactics.
   This isnt meant to be a bash on the person who designed the dungeon, it is well done, but for the starting level of this shard I believe it is below par.
   The shard that I was testing out before I came here had a similar starting level and their Newbie Dungeon was actually very nice.  I dont know the exact name of the mobs but it was the Human Types, Mages, High Mages, Archers, Warriors, and Knights spread out and spawned not to close together.  Starting out the most difficult thing to face is groups of 2 or more mobs.  This is one thing that the Newbie Dungeon on Sylvan Heart fails to recognize.  Also they had their drop rates setup so that about 1 in 10 kills would actually drop some form of useable magic armor, jewelry, or weapons, and Im not talking about a ring with +2 str, Nightsight, and +15% potions =P.  This was quality stuff that would actually make you feel pretty comfortable in your gear to venture out into the harder dungeons.  Each mob also dropped between 150-300 gold.
   Now I know this is just a Beginners Dungeon and isnt meant to be used very much, but to be honest after playing on that other shard for a 3 days I had accumulated a nice set of gear, and some nice pocket change.  This made me very reluctant to leave.  Which brings me to the reason why I am even bothering to point all this out.  If a new player shows up and does well in the beginner dungeon, they will feel better about their choice to come to this lovely shard, and be less likely to move on to another one.

Orgammub73

Now I can post in Firefox its just when I go to "Go to Administration Panel" when Im trying to do some moderator stuff and I happen to be on Firefox, and it requires me to to log in again that I cant log in.

Enigma

Have you tried the second level of the newbie dungeon? I doubt that brand new players would have an easy time against the trolls down there.

Shadhahvar

Plus I made a mid level dungeon that the entrance is in Ill. it has a little of everything and a little tuff. So go and enjoy it. To get in all you have to do is fine the purple Tree and go thrugh it. :D
Unicorns are the most beautiful creature

Moxy

Shortly after I made this post the new dungeon came out =P So good job staff! Good to see changes being made for the betterment of the shard.