New Metals

Started by Moxy, October 09, 2009, 05:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caelan

*kills you for making me have to read all of that...blames Link*

Cpt_Starfox

I'll take the blame over the kill  ;) And well posted Jager  ;)

Pok

I like the idea of new metals. However I think it would be better to use a different skill to buff up armor instead of always trying to get a val hammer. Like what if recipes could be found in game for armors , then use tinkering to apply the buff. maybe even to be so direct as to make a piece of mage armor right from the start useing a recipe. Or say to harden armor or a weapon useing current reagents in the game, like the Coal elementals. Maybe even useing Tinkering and Magery at the same time to use entire monsters body as a reagent, to make the desired armor piece or weapon buff. I dunno just some thiughts, but I say if new metals are added, minning in well spawned fel dungeons would be a good place to find them.
"The jaws of power are always open to devour, and her arm is always stretched out, if possible, to destroy the freedom of thinking, speaking, and writing" ~John Adams

Moxy

Pretty cool ideas Pok, but I'll say it before any of the gms get a chance, we unfortunately do not have a scriptor.  Those suggestions would take some serious scripting i think.  I do really like them though, that would be awesome if we could use magery and tinkering to "imbue" existing armor with new properties.  In all the fantasy novels I've read its always Mages that create the magical properties on existing items.  Back in the earlier days of uo, you used to be able to Bless or Curse your armor.  This was pre-AoS though when the armor system was entirely different.  Magical armor wasnt even craftable back then, all you could do was get +5-+25 armor off of various monsters.  Balron runs in Wrong dungeon were pretty common seeking those +25 armor pieces, and the Weapons of Vanquishing.  This was back when uo required small hunting parties to kill things like the more powerful dragons and demons. Balrons were pretty easily manageable with a mage and 1 or 2 good archers. Tanks were pretty nonexistent back then because no matter how good your gear was you couldnt take a direct hit from most of the good mobs in game.

Moxy

Id like to point out also that I didnt bring up this topic to cause this whole heated debate over in game balance issues with crafters and such.  I'll admit I was leaning in that direction but a few of you guys made some very good points which changed my opinion. 

My only concern was that Val Runic hammers are harder to get then I think they should be.  Theyre easier to get on OSI then they are here, and almost everything else on any free play server is easier then osi standards, including on Sylvan heart.  Whether that be skill and stat gain, skill and stat caps, gold
"farming," and player power (ie,.augments)

This however, is just my opinion.