Voting

Started by Myrick, November 10, 2009, 06:12:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myrick

Hey guys. Today is the 10th of November and we currently have 47 votes. That comes out to 4.7 votes a day. I know many of you love playing here and I ask each of you to take a moment each day and vote at least once. our population is low, but we hav e alot more than 4 players who log on each day. Remember you can only vote once every 12 hours and have it count. I Challenge this shard to have 225 votes by the 20th of November. This is a lofty goal, however, if we make this goal, I will come up with something very special for the shard.

Thanks

Now go Vote!!

and remmeber, Voting is cool!!  8)

Myrick

We were doing good, but now it seems voting is dropping off. Everyone get out there and vote!!

Aderyn

Just in case the low vote count is because some people are doing the same thing I was doing for a long time in the past, make sure you type the words in the anti-cheat/anti-spam box or your vote won't register. When I first started playing here, I unknowingly failed to actually vote for a few weeks before someone pointed that out to me :)

Cpt_Starfox

Also, I think they made it to where you have to click the button and not just hit enter when ur done typing.

Myrick

Thanks guys great points. Everyone make sure you do as Aderyn and Link said. C'mon guys, I KNOW we can do this!!!!

Admin Acacia

I don't know, maybe it's my advanced age, but some of those words and numbers they have there can reallllly be hard to make out.  I think they are getting worse. There have been times I just close that vote window and open it again to see if I get something I can read to type out.

Never be less than your dreams.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Amen to that, there are times I have to cross my fingers and hope that was an "e" and not some squashed mutated "o" I just hit.

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Aderyn

Quote from: Myrick on November 13, 2009, 06:40:06 PM
Everyone make sure you do as Aderyn and Link said.

Now there's something I never thought I'd hear a staffer say :P

As for the letters and numbers being hard to read, yeah. And they're also getting a little longer and crazier. Most recently I had to type "$10,000-$15,000 appleseed", which surprised me.

Crimson

There is no need to close and reopen the windows to vote. Right next to where you type the words there is a funny little symbol with 2 curved arrows, click on that and it will reselect the words. Keep clicking it till you find something you can make out, that is what I always do when I can't figure out what those funny squiggly lines say.
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Admin Acacia

ooo, yay, that's good to know. Thanks, Crimson.

Never be less than your dreams.

Cpt_Starfox

Quote from: Aderyn on November 14, 2009, 05:36:55 AM
Now there's something I never thought I'd hear a staffer say :P
You and me both!  :o  lol

And yeah Crimson, I love the refresh thing too - like Thane, I have the worse time with their e's, a's, and o's  ???