Two questions

Started by Cadbury, December 23, 2009, 11:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadbury

Hello all,

I'm new the Sylvan Heart and I was hoping to have some thing cleared up, and thought this may be the place.

What exactly are hides used for? And do the different kinds do different things?

Thanks!

Onari Ithildin

Hello and welcome to Sylvan.

Hides are used for leatherworking and yes they do many differnt things. They are used to make leather armor shoes etc which is done from Tailoring.  Now many people will argue which of the different varieties are best used to make said armor. Some will say troll armor and other barbed it really depends on whom you speak with.  Spined armor will give a luck bonus etc..

I hope this helps some.

Cadbury

Thank you for that. I have another question too actually: is there any way to make blank scrolls?

Onari Ithildin

I am unaware of a way to make blank scrolls.Many of the monsters drop them and of course certain types of NPC's sell them.

Malik

Even though this topic is so old I just stumbled onto and answer about the blank scroll question, use a dagger not a skinning knife on regular hides and you get blank scrolls. I was trying to make some but and used my dagger by mistake. Hope that helps someone out there :)

riain

AWESOMESAUCE!  Now I can make blank scrolls instead of waiting on them to respawn in the vendor for making spellbooks.  Thanks Malik!