Contemplations of War......

Started by Mal Reynolds, August 21, 2006, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reasey

Heh.

I find it funny at the argument over the morality and Ethics associated with Good, Bad, or Neutrality, and the underlying factor over whether it upsets the balance or not.

However, there is a vast difference in the argument over the Rabid Animals that are infecting my town and dozens of other locations, and whether or not Undead will destroy some sort of supposed balance when they are two different things entirely.

While I agree in a balance of Good and Evil, and how nature see's it in that way, I do know that Nature does not intend for the dead to come back. If that was the cause, then whos left to fear death when there isn't death anymore? Therefore, I can agree with ES on the cause of ridding the world of an unnatural state of existence.

As far as the rabid animals of the world, that is a shift in balance of nature itself. Animals simply do not attack unless provoked or hungry, and I do not know about you, but bovines attacking while walking down the road does not constitute hunger (they eat grass) nor provocation (alls I did was open my front door!)

Instead, what we are arguing about is politics, pure and simple.
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Mal Reynolds

I have asked you questions that you refuse to answer, but I will answer yours. No, I have not, I have seen his actions, and that is enough!

If He is upset, perhaps he should rethink his actions! He seeks to extend his reign of control....YOU SAID THAT!!! he wishes to unify everyone...you already have my opinion of that.

You claim I am angry with you for no cuase....Do you serve Manamotto? Then I have cuase! Do you seek to wipe out "evil"? then I have cuase! by your own words you seek to upset the balance in favour of your lord Manamotto, and that is Cuase as well.

Manamotto is no differant then Abraxius to me, Do you need to speak to him to have an opinion. It is funny that you want understanding, but yet are unwilling to extend that to living side by side with those you claim are evil.

Perhaps you are too cuaght up in grief to see how you are being used to increase Manamottos rule. I am sorry for your loss, but as I have said we all die at some point, that is the way of things.

You are forcing your morality upon CoM, you would force your morals on me as well....You want to "unify" all ....that includes me and I do not care to be unified. SO YOU HAVE AND DO ATTEMPT TO FORCE something on someone!!!!!

I judge you by your actions, as I say again....your actions. You serve a tyrant that is bent on altering the world, that is enough to judge you harshly.

You claim to have done nothing to me, you are wrong. Dead Wrong, you are trying to put MAnamotto in power, you are attempting to unbalance the world, you are attempting to force me to live the way YOU think I should live. How much more do I need to be bitter at you for? That is already enough that you will KILL, when I am simply hurting your feelings of self worth??? gosh I guess telling you that you are wrong is worse then driving my sword in your gullet and leaving you to die in a ditch.

If you fight in this war Icemere, then you do not fight to defeat Abraxius, you fight to raise Manamotto to a higher throne then he deserves. Follow blindly if you wish, it will not change the result. Manamotto is using the Empire to increase its size, he wants to add more to his family ( as he puts it)

Let me say it again.. I say that your wish to rid the world of evil, and to promote Manamotto is as much and abomination as CoM's wish to place abraxius in power! It is only through balance and moderation that the world will thrive. Com...ES ... It matters not ..down their paths lie stagnation and death of spirit.

And as to smit.... I have seen remarks made on open chat, I have heard comments made when he is not there.... You may have never said any, and in truth I doubt you did, but that does NOT mean that manamotto does not know. Actually, it is my understanding that it was Manamottos actions that lead directly to Smits leaving the Empire.

O and as to Manamottos being upset.....Does he always send his Guardian to do his speaking? Not that it matters..let him speak his piece his actions and declaration of war is more then enough to show his desires.

Enough of this....You are blind to the balance, I feel sorry for you, not anger. You deserve pity for what has happened to your family and that it has blinded you. You do what you feel you need to do...but remimber that not all share your view....and some will beforced to take arms agaisnt you if you threaten the balance enough.

You claim to want to fight "evil", and it is a good intention, however it is an extreme position, and as well....good intentions mean nothing more then that. How does that phrase go? the Road to Hell is paved with good intentions......

I disagree about the dead roaming the world, they are a tool the same as you take the earth ore and turn it in to weapons. Tell me the differance?
Your right there is a differance....rabies is a far deadlier foe then CoM, but its not as glorious to kill a cow as it is to take a head of kevesta is it. Plus those cows carry little gold....
  SO with rabid animals running around, WHY would manamotto decide to declare war and take focus from the real problem. I do not agree with using the dead as a tool, but it is no more un-natural then your use of metal Rease.
Umm, well since politics is human interaction....then I guess yes since we are talking about war. I tried several times to ask Icemere about the rabid animals...but he doesnt seem to care about them in the least.

Reasey

Har, my own use of metal is about as natural as me taking a crap in the middle of the woods. Its there in rock, and nature made it specifically for a purpose. If she never intended for sapient beings to not work with what she provided, then all we would have is rock and dirt.

However, things die and are to remain dead. That is the intention of death. The undead are, however, no more a tool than my sword, but at least I don't have to defy nature or any balance anything to make my sword or to weild it.

However, I do not agree with your version of balance. I thank you for coming to MarketVales rescue on account of the rabid animals, but it takes more than a feeling or wishes of everything coexisting together peacefully. It won't happen, and never has been known to happen. Balance only comes in equals. For every good, rightous person out there, there is an opposite evil and malacious person, and the current war is only another battle that has raged for eons. No side will end out on top, I can assure you. The balance will always remain no matter who wins.

So I say let us all calm down, especially since none of us are even on opposing sides to begin with,
Don't worry I'll put something here.

Mal Reynolds

Wow..you eat metal? Your body processes metal? No sir, you do not...and your use of metal is as un-natural as as necromancers use of dead bodies. At best you MIGHT be able to argue that the necro dishonours the dead, but that too is simple a perception, a view point and a opinion. You do have to defy nature to make that sword, you need to heat the metal to purify it, then you need to heat it and beat it into submission until it is in the shape you want. That is altering nature....under your logic nature should have provided sword already formed if you want to claim that its not un-natural. Or it could be argues that nature DOES provide the body for the necro since everything dies... its just material waiting to be used.

I think you are mistaken in what you think of as a balance. The balance is a flux and flow of people and actions, this war threatens it becuase of the scale, and the desire to control the other side. But I agree and have already stated that niether side will win, this is the start of the fall of both.

That does not change the fact that Manamotto and CoM, both wish to throw the balance out of position. It has been openly stated from members of both at various times.

I know people will never live side by side, but the scale of this war is not good. That is my concern, and I know you do not share this concern. Most of the arguement here has been simply due to ES people trying to justify their war, and their rational is lacking in my opinion. :) but they are welcome to it, I just think it will fail them in the end. As you note, it is funny that CoM is absent from the conversation. Perhaps they do not want this war......
      Its interesting that you feel ES is correct, but yet are selling to CoM....Now that, if I were ES, I would be questioning  ;) CoM might want to be checking the quality of their goods they aquire from you as well.... Perhaps you are not as neutral as you claim? could you be delivering defective goods to CoM to help insure the Empires Victory?, Should the Empire shun your goods since you also service their direct enemy they are in open war with?

Do not confuse me to be on either of those sides Rease... I am not. I will not support either side, I think they are children wanting more then they should have. Do not think me upset either, I am not....I am giving my opinion, and thoughts. Frustrated at times by blind nobles that think glory comes from a head on a stick, but not Upset :)  I do feel though that there is no reason to argue if you are not going to engage in your side.

Fangedwolf

Quote from: Mal Reynolds on August 23, 2006, 05:37:36 AM
As you note, it is funny that CoM is absent from the conversation. Perhaps they do not want this war......

I am choosing to stay out of this little tete-a-tete since I generally have more important things to do with my time than waste it with useless banter on subjects that make no difference one way or the other.  Feel free to argue amongst yourself, I probably wont be checking this thread again in any depth.

Alaric McCree

Obviously I am posting OOC.

OK, this is the last and final warning. I have deleted all OOC comments. I do not want to have to do it again. I will simply lock the topic or delete it. This is not a place for debating, taking cheap shots, or anything else other than posting IC about the war and the situation it has brought about.

Thank you for your consideration.
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Fea

Fenfyre stands looking over her peaceful farm with tears streaming from her eyes....

The War has done much damage to the balance of the land. The anger of the people has changed even the nature of the animals she once called her friends.
When entering meeting halls and taverns all conversation is on what is right, what is best for the people... and she is torn.

Her heart cries out against the corruptness of Abraxius and COM, but is unsure of the intentions of ES and it's leaders (many are good and just men and women, but Honorable intentions are oftentimes lost in the heat of War). She cried when Market Vale was attacked, though it seems so long ago now, and her heart aches that her beloved home could always come next (even with neutrality a way of life here).

"I must work on the problem with the once peaceful animals of this land, and leave War to those that live and breathe it." She sighs as she walks away from the fields, hoping they will always remain untouched by War......
Fenfyre- Faerie - Druid/Tamer
Bridget -Dwarven -Gatherer/Swordswoman
Cillian -Dwarven -Craftswoman
Brenna -Elven - Cook/ Brewer

Icemere

Mal i am no pompous noble, I was a barbarian, that was bread for war, who had too edure the torture of watching his family tore too shreds by the evils of my home lands while those who claimed balance just ushered and watched in the comforts of there havens, I was left too fight for all that i have now, i wandered many years being rejected by many society's including those of the so called 'balance', who stated it was natures way that i had too suffer so, as helping would unintentionally cause a tip in the balance in the future?

Have you ever thought that you views on the balance are not what others want too?, and that you too force the words of the balance down there throats that it takes a brave individual too break the mould, are you afraid that the comforts you enjoy are too be torn assunder?, and that you may have too for once defend that which you believe in?, As for the rabid attacks on marketvale... This hadnt ever been mentioned too me by anyone within or out of the guild, I dont not have the powers too oversee everything that goes on in the world i am afterall mortal, Unlike Abraxius...

I never once stated that Manamotto wanted too control anyone, I'd like you too point where i stated such a thing?, what was stated is that manamotto would like too have a unifed nation, but he's made too attempt too swallow marketvale or CoM, his war is aimed at ABRAXIUS and if you'd listen for a second you'd have already heard me state this many MANY times...

Untill the arrival of Abraxius ES hadnt once attempted too Strike out nor convert CoM, With CoM's stance with Abraxius it has forced our hands as we cannot get too the source that we want without being attacked by CoM...

I AM NOT trying too put manamotto into power at all, i have stated this already... yet again you choose too blindly ignore my words and instead go on the offensive with me, I have stated my intentions too you and that is too rid the world of abraxius, not com or anyone else for that matter..

You speak with so much hatred of manamotto and yet you do not know him at all, he seeks too bring no ill harm too anyone, I am wondering if your hatred is brought too the surface by a personal issue you've yet too disclose, for you speak of him as a true blood enemy...

As for the situation of smit i would suggest finding the correct answers before circulating rumours of what you do not know, it is rumour mills that make things that was once nothing but a petty argument turn into a full blown war....

As for asking me about the animals, you told me a rabid beast had attacked there lands, which was the first of that news for me too hear, I cannot comment on something i didnt even know about can I?

Your comments are not aimed at the 'good' but at individuals which isnt really fair, I've never once judged you or your intentions, nor have i ever told you what you should do and how you should live, it is YOU that has done this too me, and not the other way around, I wish for peace as much as you, but can you honestly say the balance would have remained should Abraxius grow in power?, and i ask you would you speak so harsly of him and his followers?, In the same way that you have publically attempted too hang me out too dry, if your looking for a scapegoat... LOOK ELSEWHERE !...

I hope you find the balance in what you want, And i say this wholeheartedly, I respect your opinion, even if what you have forcefully accused me of is unfair, everyone has an opinion, if nature didnt want mankind too have one we wouldnt have been given a brain too decide one with !

Gelmir

Gelmir Anwamane sits alone in his church corridor, a single tear rolling down his cheek. He has just received word that Abraxius plans to ready his dark forces within the coming days...The war will be monsterous Many will perish, Some even turned to the dark forces of Abraxius. Gelmir hopes that the enchantments placed around his church will be enough to keep the evil's at bay. Will the Town of MarketVale be able to ward off the darkened ones. Gelmir ponders this as the church doors swing open breaking off they're hinges...