The beginning of the end....

Started by Alaric McCree, August 26, 2006, 10:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric McCree

::he has spent hours working to be ready for this day. He has spread his minions far and wide. True he had to pull them back from Trinsic but that no longer mattered as they had allowed his messenger to get through there safely. Let them have the town, there were more important things to be taken care of anyway. And besides, with just the threat of invading and claiming Marketvale, he had gained the services of one of the mightiest warriors in the land. It did not matter to him in the least that she only served him to keep him from actually invading Marketvale. As he recalls the events of that day a grin creases his dry cracked lips::

::the news of the return of Tiernan had given him some concern but it seemed there was no real foundation for that concern as the fools had apparently never found him, if he had truly returned at all. And without his knowledge there was not much hope they would discover the well guarded secret he had kept since the day he finally broke free of the bonds that had held him bound and entombed for so long.::

::he smiles as he thinks more about the events that have passed over the last few months::

::coming to a decision he sends his thoughts out to his undead, causing them to stir again in preparation::

::his voice barely audible to old Tom bones who still hangs in animated undead form for Abraxius' amusement::   ...it is time....

(OOC note: This sunday at 6:00 PM EST , or 15 Min's after the auction ends if it goes past that time, Abraxius is going to be gathering his forces in and around his capital city [Zhento City] to move them out to invade another city in the land. Any who wish to get involved in this to try to stop him should be grouped up and seek him out before he makes his move. The end result will be based upon several factors. All of which I will be watching to see how many of them are met. This is the first real chance to end the threat of Abraxius once and for all, or at the very least for until the next time he manages to break free again.  :o

Good luck and remember, this is meant to be fun. Enjoy yourselves. )
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Alaric McCree

( OOC note:  Let me take the time to post a few guidelines for this part of the event.

1. Sockets. Are allowed if both sides have players who have them, if it ends up only one side has them then they will not be allowed.
2. In this event deaths will count. Once you die, get rezzed and leave your deathrobe on. Walk to the sidelines or away from the spawn so it doesn't kill you again.
3. If you are killed by spawn you may ask for help to get your belongings back. If you have your gear due to insurance or blessed items then just walk away.
4. Do NOT attack a player who has died and is simply watching the turn of events.
5. Do NOT loot anything other than gold, regs, or bandages.
6. Do NOT wear a deathrobe that is the normal gray hue in this so you won't be confused with those who have died during the event.

Please keep an eye on this thread in case any more rules are posted before the event.

Thanks again and remember, this is to be fun for all. )
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Icemere

(OOC tottally gutted, due too missing the ending due too RL tie ups and not actually knowing when it would be done, so I'm sat back in my armchair, wondering what to do next....)

Fangedwolf

This doesnt necissarilly have to be the end of it.  Im sure if we come up with a plausable plot of some kind it can be continued in some manner.  The main battle is over, yes, and the main forces of ES were defeated, but people still survive, and the story can go on.

I personally was getting dispondant with the plot a little, it had gone on a long time and I was getting burned out with it.  It needs something fresh done perhaps, and I would be more than willing to work with you if you want to come up with something to advance it more.  Contact me via pm/messenger if your interested.

Loco Moco

hrmm we need a hero on the good side so that all the RP stuff we do in game isnt just for the evil side.....

Fangedwolf

The good side were offered a hero, discussed it with staff, and as far as I know either turned the idea down, or didnt do anything about it. 

Valeria

Good doesnt need a hero, because Light still prevails in the side of evil.
It usually ends up being in the end that a majority of people come to the aid of light.
Because they realize the darkness will not bring them the things they desire.
Perhaps it is the nature of the beast.  When all the cities in the lands are overrun with hordes of evil,
most tend to see Light as the only alternative.  Therefore an army is born from the dark.

Fangedwolf

I dont personally agree with your statement on good needing a hero, or the fact that light will always prevail.  Evil is a corruptive fource so if nothing else there will always be a balance between the two, because for every fighter of the light that appears, over time others will be corrupted.

However, this isnt a thread about good vs evil, its about the rp at hand.

Im currently working on some ideas on how things in rp might progress from here, ill keep people updated, if there are those still interested in doing just a little more to the plot before we put it away in a dark cupboard.  If you have ideas of your own, please PM myself or Alaric with them.

Alaric McCree

::evil laugh::

oh, sorry. I am to used to posting as Abraxius.

I have only one thing to say.......         It is far from over!   :o

Icemere

Quote from: Fangedwolf on August 29, 2006, 07:07:43 PM
The good side were offered a hero, discussed it with staff, and as far as I know either turned the idea down, or didnt do anything about it. 

I was at a meeting held when we disussed a good god/hero of light, We jotted down our notes and they was passed on too Acacia who then passed it too whoever is running the abraxius plot too see if they could incorporate it into the theme, and make changes too fit if needed as well, and I for one (dont know about the others), never heard a thing about it after that.

So if someone turned it down it wasnt me, nor any of the two others at the meeting(as far as i know)

Ta Ice..