Stroem and Tawny's Wedding

Started by treyline, August 28, 2006, 10:39:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treyline

Tawny was on her last pint of ale when a vision of white entered the Pretarian Tavern.

"Stroem!", she heard everybody shout. She turned and there was the General back from his journeys. Smiling at him, she noticed how much he had changed in his bouts.
  "Come and sit with us," Tawny beckoned. Stroem strolled over to where everyone was sitting and ordered a pint.

"Ye look worn my friend", Tawny told him.

"Aye, that I am lass but very happy to be home once more." He stated with a gleam in his eye.

Mixed emotions filled Tawny's head. She had thought about Stroem when she had first come to MarkeVale. As a matter of fact, he was the reason she had come here to this place she now calls home. He was with her but a short while when he was off on his journey and placed her in charge of the malitia. Although she had not seen him in many moons, she thought of him often and his safety. She had even begun to doubt he should return, so she just placated her self with the malitia training and the questing of the new recruits. She had also taken quite a fancy to the Pretarian Tavern owner for he was very adept at making the town's finest refreshments. These dulled her senses most nights and she was able to drift off into dreamless sleep. Other nights were ravaged at the memories of her slain husband and the evil that had caused her much grief. She had also become fast friends with another in a different guild and had started to have more than just friendly feelings. All of these vanished though, the moment he walked through the door.

Now, here Stroem sits, back again. Something tis vastly different about him that she had not noticed before she just could not place what. In the days that follow, Tawny filled the General in on all the goings about. Reported about the new recruits and the ones that have just completed their questing. She was very proud of all her recruits for they had done well. She knew they were not in a battle with any at this time however, she knew it was only a matter of time before it came knocking on their doors so she wanted to make sure that her town would be well guarded.

One day after a particularly grueling day of hunting, Tawny came home to find Stroem sitting by the pond very quiet.

"Ah, Lord Stroem," she exclaimed, "to what do I owe this pleasure?"

"I have a question to ask of ye however, I wish to ask ye in front of the mates of town." He stated very quietly. Worried that she had done something wrong she only nodded and sat there quietly as he sent out pigeons to all the guildfolk.

As they arrived, they aske asked all this was about.

"In a moment," he stated.

As everyone gathered and took a seat, Stroem walked over to where Tawny sat and got down on one knee. Exclaiming his love for her he asked that she become his wife. He had told her he wanted to marry her before he left but, he had doubts and when he returned, just one look washed all those away.
Tears flooded her eyes as she looked through her watery veils.

Nodding her head she said in a shocked voice, "Aye."

A few weeks later laying the final pieces to the wedding site, Tawny smiled at the beautiful place that was to be busy with merriment in just a day's time. Suddenly though, her heart became heavy and she thought to those that were in battle and weary and she became suddenly aware to what she must do.

Sending as many pigeons out as she could, she sent messages to all the people in the land of Sylvan Heart.

"People of the land, I wish that all may put aside yer swords for one day and all of us come together to have merriment and drink. We are all one in this land and we need the balance. We need evil as much as we need good for how should we know good without evil? I am requesting the presence of both to the wedding of Stroem and Tawny that we may be equals for just one day. To put aside our feelings of mal contempt and join together under one roof. This one thing I ask would be the most wonderful gift any can give. Blessings to all that read this, Tawny Kindrell"

Sending out the last pigeon, Tawny smiled and hoped it would do some good...........

Reasey

Background Music
http://www.bluelaguna.net/downloads/mp3s/xgost/16%20-%20The%20Treasure%20Which%20Cannot%20Be%20Stolen.mp3

And there he stood after it was all said and done, there he stood in the mess of the Pretarian Tavern by his lonesome. Standing against the far wall where he took out the Counter for easy access to the back, he leans aganist the wall, one dress boot bent at the knee flat against the cake smeared wall, his normal, familiar hat now affixed to the usual place upon his scalp as he holds a ciggerate in his hand, blowing smooth, blue smoke out towards what was left within.

It was a mess. Cake, and food smeared all over. Tables, chairs, and even stools turned over. Bottles from both patron and his own stash littering the back wall. Such animalistic behavior these people of moral standing were. However, he cannot deny that this wedding was fun, and that even he himself enjoyed and basked in the glory of this day for two friends.

He sighs, exhaling another billow of smoke. Perhaps really he's just upset that its all left to him to clean up this damndable building. Sometimes he thinks its more trouble than its worth, but he remembers all the fond times he's had.

And what can he say? Today was absolutly awe inspiring. He even got to be asked to play the role of Best Man. How could he not feel flattered and imporatant in today's ceremony for his two friends? It has, after all, been a good day. He's just too focused on his own current moods to neither remember nor change.

So with that, he sighs, taking what is left of the unfiltered stick of cancer and tosses it aside, prepared whole heartedly to clean that up as well as he heads into the kitchen to retreive a mop and broom. A long night is in store for him, no doubt the same can be said of Stroem and Tawny.

So with that, he strips himself of the doublet the lass named Taylor was so kind to make for the occasion, and he sets himself to work. Happy for his friends and the fun that was given, but saddened for some reason else.

Why if it was such a happy day, does he feel so bad when by himself?
Don't worry I'll put something here.