Vendor Prices.....

Started by Cearbhalyn, October 21, 2006, 12:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cearbhalyn

Anything is worth the most that you can get from it ;)......Roman saying btw not me.
Arties used to have the value of 10k per lesser and 100k for the greater ones....so for instance your darkened sky ( I think thats a greater, isnt it) would be 100k, then if its fully socketed...whew thats a bundle there. just the val alone to socket something is 50k ish ( at 100 per val last time I checked was normal still), so in val alone 300k, then there is the socketing itself...at a bare minimum another 60k and what ever you paid to the person socketing ( which in some cases can be quite a bit) So a fully socketed greater tokono arty should be in the neighborhood of 460k.... a bit higher then the 50k you were refering to :).

As to the deco artifacts...those go from nothing to expensive, depending upon demand, and rarity. I would agree that a small basket priced at 25k is a bit much, but then again, is it rare? whats it like? without seeing it or knowing more about it, I cannot give anymore of an opinion on the price, but that there are several factors that MIGHT apply.

What you might do on crafted items is fix a price for yourself that you would charge for all the required resources, and then tack on some for your time and effort. I know I sell stone goods far higher then metal or leather becuase the stone is harder to come by. If you say set the price of normal ingots to 10 gold ( this encompassing your time and effort to gain and smelt the ore) and then decide to make a weapon that say takes 10 ingots...you got 100 gold into it so far, and then tack say 20 gold for skill and time....120g which is a more then fair price for a weapon.

Just dont forget that this is not a money poor shard, it is easy to make money here, it shouldnt be too hard to spend it ;).

I know an argument can be made for starting chars...but really when you start you get 20k just given to you, plus many people try to give new players some gear as well ( I know I try to give them a set or troll armour). If they want the good magical stuff :)... let them earn some gold. Same thing with the houseing items, like the forge you mentioned. 2k may seem alot, but when you consider how much money will be made using that forge or anvil its not much.

Anyway..fore I ramble too much.....:)  Use your own judgement, and dont cheat yourself. If you spent the time making it, make sure that people pay you what the time and goods are worth. If something doesnt sell in a long time, or every one is selling it way cheaper? you might want to adjust your price. On the other side if people are selling itfor way higher and you are always out of stock...might consider raiseing the price too.
aarrgg....im rambling again :)...Ok ok :)
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.