Freezing in the Meadow.

Started by Rei, August 17, 2012, 07:36:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rei

I know this is a common problem for people and it causes lock up's, screen flashes to white, and even disconnects.  Well while talking to Foray I started doing some research for Windows Vista and 7 to try and solve this issue.  What I found was two solutions, one I can and am trying now, and one I cannot since I don't run 7.  For Windows 7 try changing the desktop theme from Aero (UO has had a long history of hating Aero) to classic.  If this doesn't work, or you just want to keep Aero for whatever reason do the following:  Right click Razor on the desktop> Properties> Compatibility> Disable Visual Themes and Disable Desktop Composition.

The disabling works for me, I don't lock up in the Meadow and I've been sitting there for about 10 minutes now and would usually lock up simply because I switched windows to post this.  I do get an occasional brief (less than a second) flash of white but do not freeze.  Hope this helps everyone who encounters the issue, oh and I don't run Razor or UO in compatibility mode either as it caused more problems than I already had.

Ventesa

Thank you for this information Rei. Most helpful for me. I notices this same incident coming back. Followed the instructions and presto' ...functional again. Woot.