Really?

Started by BlackOut, September 02, 2012, 03:38:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOut

its down omg geez...i love our host but cmon...
im bout to go back to my shard
BlackOut....The Emperor Of Axis Of Anarchy!

The Toughest Warrior In A Thousand Years!
Is There Anything He Can't Kill By Himself!?

Ardin

Seems to be a massive lag spike. I am still logged in but have been lagged out now for some time. As I am in Fel I hope it ends soon and with me still alive.  :o

BlackOut

I hope your alive too... ;D
but i cant stand this...its down every 2 days...no good
BlackOut....The Emperor Of Axis Of Anarchy!

The Toughest Warrior In A Thousand Years!
Is There Anything He Can't Kill By Himself!?

Ardin

And the lag is over and I am heading to safety via my boat.

Rei

OK going to try and be nice here, but with all the complaining about downtime and lag spikes (even after numerous posts and responses about the host 1) moving recently and 2) A hurricane having recently come through and devastating Louisana and Arkansas which takes time to recover from) is getting old. Shards have issues, and depending on the location of the host (and our host's have always done so for free, I know some shards pay their hosts) there will be more or less problems than other shards.  If you live in an area that has relatively little severe weather and a net provider that has good uptime then please let the admins, including the host, know and offer your services as a host.  I may have been missing from the shard for a while but one thing I know is that our admins choose host's who are dedicated to the shard and it's players and will do everything in their power to ensure that downtime is as limited as possible.  We have had host's from all across the globe and some were more successful than others given circumstances beyond our control.

When power and internet access go down for entire state's and is being worked on, there is latency issues as the systems get repaired and systems will be slow, and they will experience slower than normal speeds as well as a lot of net drops.  My personal net (best retail available in my area here in Louisiana) has been EXTREMELY slow since power was restored Thursday night.  I can barely surf the net with my facebook open because of the latency and typing this message is a pain due to it as well.

Sorry this didn't come out as nice as I intended it to but I do my best to work with staff behind the scenes and players both in and out of game to resolve issues, and the staff do their best to keep this antique of a game running as smoothly as possible so players like us have a place to come to and have fun and be UNDERSTANDING when the situation forces us to be patient when something happens.

~Rei