Druid Spells

Started by Foray, September 04, 2012, 01:00:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foray

I give rights to whoever to edit and format this post as seen fit.

Credit list:
Rei for potential risk in using Spring of Life, also for mention of aoe component of same spell.

--------------------
Druid magic is an advanced spell based system, it requires a minimum of 100 Animal Lore, 100 Animal Taming and 100 Magery and also to be able to cast any druid spell you must be holding a Druid staff.

Druid spells held in a Tome of Nature and the spells themselves are found randomly as drops from the Evil Druids that hide in out of the way areas of the world. There are only 3 druid reagents these are Spring Water, Destroying Angel and Petrified Wood, though some druid spells make use of magery reagents for example Enchanted Grove also uses Mandrake Root and Volcanic Eruption also makes use of Sulphurous Ash. Lastly  Lower Reagent Cost, Faster Casting and Faster Cast Recovery all work with Druidry.

There are 16 spells in the Tome of Nature and Druid spells are mostly centered around utility, support and summoning roles.

Druid's Light is an area of effect night sight spell that as a base mana cost of 20 (further decreased with LMC).

Pack of Beasts is a summoning spell like Magery's Summon Creature spell. Pack of Beasts will summon a random amount of animals ranging from various Wisps, to Silver Serpents, Drakes and even the fabled Dark Chickens. The monsters the spell spawn vary wildly in survivability with the Dark Chickens being the strongest, like all summons these can be dispelled, this spell costs 30 mana (further decreased with LMC).  

Spring of Life is an area of effect healing spell similar to Magery's Greater Heal but slightly more powerful than a Greater Heal cast by a mage of 120 levels. However the spell as a built in limitation that the spell will only heal every few seconds and any attempts to cast the spell within this period of time will still be cast, take it's mana and reagents but return no heal, this spell costs 35 mana (further decreased with LMC).  *Note Spring of Life may or may not cause the caster to accidentally heal someone or something the caster didn't intend to heal possibly resulting in the caster entering the criminal state so beware.

Grasping Roots is a spell that works similar to Magery's Paralyse, the spell roots the target to the spot they are standing on for several seconds. Do not rely on the graphics of the roots to determine if the spell is still in effect as the roots last longer than the spell usually does, this spell costs 35 mana (further decreased with LMC).  

Blend With Forest immobilises the target and renders them invisible for several seconds. While the target is invisible people will see a small tree where they stand, this spell costs 45 mana (further decreased with LMC).

Swarm of Insects behaves similar to Necromancy's Pain Spike. Swarm of Insects causes a swarm of stinging insects to attack the target dealing a good amount of direct damage, much like Pain Spike the spell as a built in delay and you can only get the full effect of the spell by casting it once every 10 or so seconds. this spell costs 45 mana (further decreased with LMC).

Summon Ent is a summon spell that summons an Ent (Tree Fellow) these summons take 2 follower slots and are fairly weak. Like all summons they can be dispelled, this spell costs 50 mana (further decreased with LMC).

Stone Circle is a utility field spell that creates a circle of rocks to appear around the target for a good length of time. The stones block movement but can still be teleported and shot over,  this spell costs 50 mana (further decreased with LMC).

Enchanted Grove is a field spell that creats a sacred groves (semi obstructive) that will periodically heal the health and mana of all characters with positive karma within a short range of the grove, the higher your karma the better the spell works, this spell costs 60 mana (further decreased with LMC).

Natures Passage is a recall spell that costs 60 mana (further decreased with LMC).    

Mushroom Gateway is a gate spell that costs 65 mana (further decreased with LMC).    

Restorative Soil is a field spell that creates a patch of mud that when a deceased player walks over will prompt them for resurrection, the spell lasts for a good amount of time and can allow for very efficient resurrection in group hunts gone wrong, the spell costs 65 mana (further decreased with LMC)

Druid Vision is a utility spell that causes the caster to turn into a spirit. While a spirit your spirit is invulnerable (though I am not sure on your physical body). You temporarily lose all your skills but can travel around for about 30 seconds as a spirit without concern, this spell costs 70 mana (further decreased with LMC).  * Note if you a polymorphed, necro morphed or otherwise not in humanoid shape you will likely be prevented from even using this spell.

Create Clone is a summoning spell that makes a duplicate of your target, the clone always takes 3 follower slots (doesn't matter what you clone), like all summons it can be dispelled and the clone will always be fairly similar in power to the thing you cloned, this spell costs 75 mana (further decreased with LMC).  

Earth Tremor is an area of effect spell that works very similar to Magery's Earthquake spell this spell costs 85 mana (further decreased with LMC).

Volcanic Eruption is a field spell that creates pillars of fire around the target that tick rapidly for multiple instances of fire damage to any possible targets that pass over or next to them that lasts for several seconds, this spell costs 90 mana (further decreased with LMC).  

ShadowMoon

Holy Cow you are awesome!!!

Rei

Was going to work on this tonight lol. Beat me to it.  Only note I would add is to Spring of Life. It heals not only you and your party, but does tend to heal nearby monsters too if not careful.

Cypress

Are you sure Rei? I've not noticed it work on enemies in my testing. What enemy have you seen it work on?

Rei

I haven't seen it happen with bonded pets, but summoned pet's used to do it all the time (haven't really tried it lately so it may have been fixed before my return).

Foray

Thank you and if you find there is something missing from the above or you have managed to reformat the whole thing or come up with some kind of layout for it then let me know and I will edit post with the information and changes, credit will be given to all who assist in some way.

Once the uncertainty of Spring of Life as been cleared up I will add what was determined into the guide and also will attempt to tidy up the layout a little bit and sort out a few grammatical errors.

Cypress

Enemy summons or your own summons? I'm not sure what you mean.

Rei

When you summon a pet (using mage spell or Pack of beasts) it used to cause Spring of life to heal what you were fighting as well.  Again I have not tested it since my return and if it was fixed then feel free to remove my posts on it

Rei

Just tested it, it seems it was fixed some time before my return... feel free to erase my previous messages on it