Corpse Retrieval

Started by Harthus, September 12, 2012, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harthus

How about a fixed object similar to the ankhs that when used will withdraw maybe 5k(up to debate) from your bank and then bring your corpse to your feet. For those times when you just cant get to your body and no ones able to help.

Rei

This subject was brought up before.  The reason it wasn't implemented was that it could be exploited easily and takes away all the risk of hunting in concerns to gear.  We also have the insurance system for gear and blessed bags (you can use an item bless deed or buy a blessed bag with VS or donation) to ensure all your important, can't live without, MUST NOT LOSE!!! items safe upon death.

How it can be exploited can be explained in a few ways but I'll go with a topic I'm familiar with, stealing.  When stealing you come across highly valuable items in dangerous area's.  Now if you don't want to go through the trouble of building a roach thief, tank thief or even a thief with basic hiding you would no longer have to and could just run in, grab as much as possible, die and then get your body summoned to you before it decays and still have all the valuable stolen treasure with no risk other than 5k and some fame. 

Another area it can be easily exploited is taming.  We have a lot of custom tamables that are on delayed release systems and some in very dangerous area's.  You could not bother caring about your gear and stuff, tame what you want, put it in the stables, die, resurrect somewhere safe and have a high power pet to potentially sell and it only cost you 5k and fame.  If you die a lot, like most of us do when we start taming high level creatures, you wouldn't have to worry about your items because you can just summon your body later and you now have a high level tame and risked nothing for it.

I'm not trying to discourage you from making suggestions, just pointing out some of the major flaws on this one (I've posted some doozies of my own too) so keep them coming!

Harthus