hi! am new person *points to self*

Started by Deva Raven, June 25, 2013, 06:27:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deva Raven

Cypress

Sorry it took me a bit. I've been fairly busy in RL lately. However, that should do it :) Your profile pic should be working now!  8)

Deva Raven

It is It is! Thank you! It's perfect :D

Deva Raven

Okay a new slew of questions! *Is really an undercover shard veteran equivalency tester*  ;)

Some have warned me against this, but I will be including Alchemy on Deva (Inscription too) just because it really fits in with her role play even if I can make another character just for crafting. I know this will make her a little weaker in the battlefield, but she's going to be my main gal for role play so if I want to solo hunt I can make another char later for that. Otherwise, I imagine she will mostly be around whoever is online at the time.

So my question is this... I am training up her alchemy (or trying as she seems to eat up all the reagents available!) and in my readings I have seen mention of an Alchemy quest. I checked the UOstratics website but it is a little beyond me  ??? Can someone help me to accomplish this? :-[

The same goes for inscription. I am not really understanding how to get the quest etc.. A skill jump to 50 would be grand as it would double what Deva's inscription is at right now.

As for alchemy potion recipes... are there any books in game that can be purchased which list all the potions that can be made? Is there in fact a quest to get new recipes for more advanced potions than what is showing in the gump window?

Any special things/recipes I should know about either Inscription or Alchemy? Anything you guys can share to help me will be awesome! I hope if Deva earns her master's trust she might set up a merchant at his home. I did a run through of all the player run shops and I can see what was meant by a small economy! I want to help liven things up a bit :D

Thanks in advance!

will parrish

There is a skills post in the forums that can aid you. It will tell you what you need to be making alchemy wise to get gains and at what points to change. As far as inscrition goes I can not speak for it. I have played UO off and on since 98 and have never used the that skill. Check the forums good. You can search because I believe that the title of the post is......skill I have used for gains or something of that nature. Hope this helps.

will parrish

The post I refered to is in the General Discussion tab and it is locked so it is easily accessible.  ;D

Garrick

UO guide.com is also fairly accurate given what is custom on our shard for skill training.  I know we have crafting quests all over the place but I cannot for the life of me remember the alchemy one is........ might need to scour the world for it

Deva Raven

Quote from: will parrish on July 01, 2013, 12:24:24 PM
There is a skills post in the forums that can aid you. It will tell you what you need to be making alchemy wise to get gains and at what points to change. As far as inscrition goes I can not speak for it. I have played UO off and on since 98 and have never used the that skill. Check the forums good. You can search because I believe that the title of the post is......skill I have used for gains or something of that nature. Hope this helps.

Hmm.. No see I am already at 116... the problem isn't gaining the skill points that wasn't what I was asking.

My questions were related to special quests I had seen mentioned as given by NPCs to get a trophy and recipes. I couldn't find exactly where the NPCs were and I was wondering what else I didn't know. One made mention that it was actually a tinker quest which gave the recipe for one of the alchemy potions.

Let me clean up the questions a bit...
"So my question is this... I am training up her alchemy and in my readings I have seen mention of an Alchemy quest. I checked the UOstratics website but it is a little beyond me   Can someone help me to accomplish this?"

"The same goes for inscription. I am not really understanding how to get the quest etc.. A skill jump to 50 would be grand as it would double what Deva's inscription is at right now."

"As for alchemy potion recipes... are there any books in game that can be purchased which list all the potions that can be made? Is there a quest to get new recipes for more advanced potions than what is showing in the gump window?" Otherwise... alchemists can only make 8 potions?

Hope you can help!

Deva Raven

Quote from: Garrick on July 01, 2013, 03:25:03 PM
UO guide.com is also fairly accurate given what is custom on our shard for skill training.  I know we have crafting quests all over the place but I cannot for the life of me remember the alchemy one is........ might need to scour the world for it

So they do exist here? I just have to try and find them? No guides to that huh >.>

Garrick

All I can remember is that we have a lot of crafting quests (and alchemy qualifies as crafting) but I just do not know all the locations as we have had so many over the years and some are no longer active, other's were changed, even more shut down completely, etc... The cities are good places to start your quest for finding the.... well quests as 90% of all quests start in a city or near one.

I know for inscription I can give the following hint......  find the master painter and inventor of world renown at his telescope and you will find a quest...... and watch out for hungry rabbits

Alaric McCree

Under the General Discussion section there is a locked forum entitled "List of Quests". I hope this will help you.
Sometimes the dragon wins, that's why there is such a shortage of white knights.

Deva Raven

Great thank you so much guys for all your help! I will have to begin the hunt for Deva when the time is right.