Buying Human Soul!

Started by Malik, August 10, 2013, 02:13:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malik

I am looking to buy human soul... i have a pesky skill that just wont gain and i need skill balls. so if you want to part with some ill buy it from you! hehe

Festus

Malik

I'm not exactly sure hehe, but i will give you a far price. I generally get about 3 everytime i have a trip out in fel. but I need 30 in total. I'm willing to give 50k each i suppose.

will parrish

Last I heard Human Soul sold for about the same price as a Virtue Skull. But that has been awhile since I inquired about it. Market may be slightly lower or higher depending on the amount needed and the amount of people needing it. Food for thought.

Malik

well I know i can get it alot easier than i can acquire a virtue skull but it still is a rare drop (just gotta know where to look hehe) thats why i figured I would offer half the value of a vs. If the going rate for it is 100k a pop then just disregard this post

will parrish

Aye. Like I said that was what someone priced it to me as when I first started. But they might not have know. I think your price is fair considering the way it is obtained. Also I know a hot spot as do many others. :)

Malik

hehe aye, I've found a rather great spot also :), I still need more to get some skill balls for one of my wife's characters now hehe. Maybe we should hold a Sylvan town meeting (or just a thread on the forums) to iron out some price guidelines... might help us get more shops, I know that I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to pricing myself, it would also help new player see what an appropriate price is for what there trying to buy.

Festus

Quote from: Malik on August 17, 2013, 11:53:10 AM
hehe aye, I've found a rather great spot also :), I still need more to get some skill balls for one of my wife's characters now hehe. Maybe we should hold a Sylvan town meeting (or just a thread on the forums) to iron out some price guidelines... might help us get more shops, I know that I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to pricing myself, it would also help new player see what an appropriate price is for what there trying to buy.
I would like to see a town meeting to discuss some prices as well sir.  Or even a chat on Raidcall>  (voice chat set up for sylvan some time ago that only me and will parish use)
PS;I wish more people would use it

Rei

I don't log into Raidcall at this point because my microphone is still attached to my film equipment and I keep forgetting to grab it after we use it.  As to discussing setting price margins for items that is a double edged sword. Right now our typical player count hover around 10, not including staff being on, so if we set a market price for an item that is fairly rare now at say 200k then when it becomes easier to get due to player farming the price would seem overblown.  HOWEVER, we could run into a price set up like Valorite as well where the price remains constant due to usefulness of the item demanding the price to remain constant. 

In order for the price to remain constant I believe that the items available through Ash and Soul should be cycled in and out every 6 months or so in order to keep things fresh and players hunting for it.  Keep certain things constant on the Shadow Lords such as the skill ball and the deeds but rotate the deco, definitely add more as the pickings are slim and tend to be more on the dark side for the large items, and maybe hold a vote as to what type of items to have added?