Vendor Pay

Started by creampuff, October 10, 2013, 12:05:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

creampuff

So after coming back from my hiatus I've noticed the vendors are a little lacking and read that some people are running their store through an honor system. I don't want the sellers to get ripped off by a thief or unknowing noob (would be me). So is there a way the vendors can work without pay? That way the goods would be kept safe and the vendors hold the money from the purchases.

Malik

I Second this thought :) hehe I hate giving those greedy vendors my money

Festus

Quote from: Malik on October 10, 2013, 02:03:55 AM
I Second this thought :) hehe I hate giving those greedy vendors my money
that is possible however, this system can be abused via free additional storage.  Im pretty sure that the current player base is without a doubt very trustworthy but any free vendor system would have to be subject to change if there is abuse.  This could effect many players that have items for sale on a vendor if the system should change and the vendor isn't paid and poof's with yer things dropping to the floor.   Just thoughts.

Malik

My thought on that is Sylvan offers players the opportunity to have up to five houses for each player. If you decide you need to store more stuff in in a vendor then you really need to get rid of some stuff. I know that in my attached houses I'm no where near my item limit for lockdown or secure items. I don't think that having a cheap/free vendor system will result in players abusing the system for storage, atleast I would hope not hehe

creampuff

Well could a staff maybe give out the vendor deeds? I mean if it is for the purpose of selling things they would need a gate to player mall and all that as well.

I hope discussing this helps. I know this system has been put in place for a reason and I'm trying to work it into Sylvan.

Garrick

Sure make more work for us! And I thought you liked us Buttercup!

creampuff

I do like you guys >.< I just end up asking a lot sometimes...I mean it really doesn't have to be done right away either...

Garrick

I was just messing with you Butters. 

creampuff

I know, I'm being modest b/c i don't want to overwork our hardworking staff ^.^