Scribe Storage

Started by zullie, January 19, 2014, 11:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zullie

I was wondering if we could possibly get some form of scribe storage for scrolls.  I get a lot of scrolls while hunting.  While i personally do not use them except for making a few coins.  I know that others do.    While i was helping Mana clean his millions of bags of loot/random items he has a lot of scrolls and i know him and others i have spoken to like to make full spellbooks for vendors.

Currently there is no way of sorting scrolls (that i personally know of) unless you do it by hand and with 64 Mage spells, and 17 Necro spells, and 16 Druid spells, (not sure if there are others i am not aware of.)  that is a lot of scrolls to keep track of constantly.

Talitha

If you use Razor under the "Agents" tab there are "organizer agents".  You can use Organizer agent to sort items including Scrolls into containers.  Im pretty sure you can also use organizer to place scrolls into books.  Im not positive about books but I have used organizer in the past to sort and move scrolls from one container (including my backpack) into another and even sort them into bags by type.  its a bit of work to set it up as there are 64 magery scrolls as well as others but once set up it works well.  (until of course you end up reinstalling razor)  LOL 
Razor is a very powerful tool and most of us don't realize its potential.  Play with razor some.  You may be amazed.  Razor is a crafter and gatherer's friend for sure.

Dolos

I think zullie want something that makes it so you can easily find a scroll needed to finish a spell book (like i have 63 in the book and i just need an earthquake scroll). If razor can fill spell books that would be cool. But I think that this wish list item wont be made because it sort of undercuts scribes business. Say a player needs a scroll he just can't find he can either spend the time going through his scroll bag (I use a scroll bag [sort scrolls ) or he can buy it of a scribe quick and easy.

The [sort comand is a life saver. I generally just sell all my scrolls in the trash barrel Cypress fixed that pays full price for items that you can sell at a vendor. just use [sort then scrolls, regs, gems, armor, weapons and augments. Thats how i move items around in my pack or even sell them at the trash barrel. 

zullie

Ok can you please explain to me how storing your scrolls in a bag (organized or not) is different than what i suggested? 

If they were in a storage container then it would just be easier to find and being it would be locked down in your house just as a bag with a ton of sub compartments is locked down in your house. 

EnigmaMaitreya

Well ... just my 2cps, I have always found the scribe key on other shards helpful ...

As has been stated you can loot a lot of scrolls, well when it comes time to make a full spell book, that can save a lot of time.  On the scribe keys is also the ability to store blank runes and blank scrolls, this really does make scribing a lot less messy.

Talitha

Quote from: zullie on January 20, 2014, 02:39:09 AM
Ok can you please explain to me how storing your scrolls in a bag (organized or not) is different than what i suggested? 

If they were in a storage container then it would just be easier to find and being it would be locked down in your house just as a bag with a ton of sub compartments is locked down in your house. 

since scrolls stack you would have a certain amount of scrolls in the bag. OHhhhhh wait necro, magery and other scrolls tipes.  ack.

Cypress

I would think they would stack too.

Festus

yes they do.  I think talitha was going to suggest using organizer agent in razor to sort stuff.  I use it often to sort my bags of stuff.  it takes a bit to set up but once done its very sweet.  One button push and done.