Cult of Malas

Started by Fangedwolf, June 23, 2006, 10:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fangedwolf

This is a quick, RP-less overview of the guild, more detail can be given to those who express interest in joining.

CoM is an evil guild, although not chaos. We act as followers of Abraxius (for those following those events) and as such, oppose those who try to keep him trapped. You are allowed positive karma (personally I think the title 'Glorious' is more an indication of someone with an over-the-top opinion of themselves rather than showing how good they are, similarly 'Noble' reflects the family you were born into and not your personality), that said if you have positive karma try to avoid titles such as 'the good', 'the kind' and so on.
The guild is RP, but not too strictly. In any public gatherings or guild events try to keep within character, but for casual hunts or worldchat it's your own call. We accept any daemon, orc or drow. Some wolven are accepted (playing as werewolves) and the occassional necromancer human can be admitted as well.

Joining is easy. If you can find the guildhouse in Malas, you should be able to work out the initiation test (it ain't hard to work out or to do). If you have a character in CoM you're welcome to have other players in other guilds, but keep them separate (no sitting in on a CoM meeting then spreading the news with your other character). The ranks to the guild are stored in a book in the guildhouse, all titles are in a language called Kytaf (which is the official guild language).

As far as rules, obey the orders of those above you (even an unreasonable one, but if you have a serious objection PM an elder or myself about it afterwards). Within-guild combat is allowed, but more as a practicing tool than an excuse to jump each other over and over (some ranks can be obtained through monitered PvP of a higher rank). We're also looking at beginning war with some of the good guilds, in the case of that, standard server PvP rules apply.

As for events, we were fairly active hunt-wise and I'm looking to start that up again, any events will be posted in this forum. That said, alot of the old ones caved because not enough people showed up to make it worthwhile. Special RP events will be annouced through PMs to members (if your forum account is different to your character name let me know).
The more people we have the more active we become.

So, if your sick of playing a good guy (coz you know every game to date makes you play that way), try serve the Lord Abraxius. We can make it worth your while.

Kevetsa

Just adding on this, for both members and non-members, the guildleader of CoM is Blazer Bloodfire. Although (at least for now) I have the same rank as him he wields the add member stick.

For those already in the guild who didn't know about this, I've changed the leadership (well, plan to once enough people are loyal to him) because I just can't get online enough to effectively run the guild. I'll still be there as a member to those who are part of our group, just not with the power I used to have.

To speed up the transition some members who I deemed inactive (ie. I haven't seen them online since the day they were initiated) have been removed. If you have on of these characters and would like to rejoin just PM myself for now, or Blazer later on and we'll readd you, and give you back whatever rank you previously held.

Accounts removed:
Hothanlin Valkar
Balthor
Sila've (spelling?)
Devin Heart
Prince Eurynomous
Give a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kevetsa Kususroth, Smitt, Drahca, Bethariel

Valius

Kev, you still need to get back to me concerning our little side plot

Kevetsa

Indeed I do, PMs, here I come.
Give a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kelrik

Why be a sheep when you can be a goat?

Can we make the light suffer?  please please please?  oh and my play time is some what limited during weekdays but I can be reached easily in pms here or via my email in my profile.

Kevetsa

Sure, there'll always be some guildmembers online so that shouldn't matter much. Any big events will be posted here and I usually PM members about what times suit them first anyway.

KukoShaku

I bring a message on behalf of Cria, a Martyr for the Cult of Malas.

--Where are you dark brethren? Things are far too calm and far too nice for my liking.
What happened? Why are you so weak? Why are there so few? Why do you cower from the light? The light should fear US! For we bring pain, suffering and death to all who oppose us! To the light! We should be out there striking down anyone who crosses our path, anyone who turns to the light! Let us raise our weapons high! Let the war drums sound! Let every man, woman and child know that we are not to be taken lightly! We were born to fight, and fight we shall!! No mercy. No prisoners. No enemy walks away alive from this! This is a call to arms my brothers! Who will join me? Who is strong enough? Who has no fear? Who hates the light as much as i do? And who hungers for the blood of our enemies?

I say... Who will join me?!