Honoring Alvis

Started by Cypress, April 21, 2018, 03:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cypress

Many  of  you  know  Alvis  (Hades,  Tinkerman,  Hunter  Gibbens,  Shy  Fox,  and  Billy  Joe).  He  joined  Sylvan  in  2008  and  has  been  a  faithful  friend  and  helper  to  many.  Though  a  faithful  adventurer  here  with  us  for  many  years,  he  has  now  begun  a  new  and  unending  adventure  in  a  land  of  glorious  wonder  and  majesty  before  the  very  throne  of  God  in  heaven.  We  are  blessed  to  have  shared  such  fellowship  with  him  here,  and  he  is  greatly  missed.  However,  this  isn't  the  end,  and  he  is  coming  back!

• 1  Thessalonians  4:14
    For  if  we  believe  that  Jesus  died  and  rose  again,  even  so  them  also  which  sleep  in  Jesus  will  God  bring  with  him. 

I  feel  sure  it  won't  be  very  long  before  Christ  returns  and  Alvis  with  Him!  I  also  feel  sure  they  want  me  to  tell  you  how  to  join  that  reunion  so  that  we  can  all  fellowship  together  once  again  in  everlasting  glory.

So,  what  is  the  way?  What  path  do  we  take?  The  simplest  answer  is  Jesus. 

• John  14:6
    Jesus  saith  unto  him,  I  am  the  way,  the  truth,  and  the  life:  no  man  cometh  unto  the  Father,  but  by  me. 

The  world  is  dying  in  sin  and  because  of  sin,  and  sin  cannot  live  in  heaven  else  heaven  would  be  dying  as  well!  However,  God  loved  us  even  as  sinners  and  made  a  way  for  sin  to  be  punished  and  for  us  to  live.  That  way  is  Jesus.  Jesus  died  taking  the  punishment  for  our  sins,  but  then  He  rose  again  claiming  victory  over  death  for  us!

• John  3:16
    For  God  so  loved  the  world,  that  he  gave  his  only  begotten  Son,  that  whosoever  believeth  in  him  should  not  perish,  but  have  everlasting  life.
  • 1  Corinthians  15:55,  57 
    55 O  death,  where  is  thy  sting?  O  grave,  where  is  thy  victory? 
    57  But  thanks  be  to  God,  which  giveth  us  the  victory  through  our  Lord  Jesus  Christ.

Yes,  but  what  does  that  mean?  What  must  we  do?  This  means  we  need  to  turn  from  our  sins  asking  forgiveness  for  them  and  turn  to  God  in  faith  asking  Him  to  save  us  and  believing  in  the  sacrifice  of  Jesus  to  save  us  forever. 

• Acts  20:21 
    Testifying  both  to  the  Jews,  and  also  to  the  Greeks,  repentance  toward  God,  and  faith  toward  our  Lord  Jesus  Christ. 

How  can  you  have  faith?  Listen  to  the  evidence  given  in  the  Word  of  God.  It  tells  of  how  nature  speaks  of  God  and  how  the  resurrection  of  Christ  gives  us  hope.  It  tells  us  the  truth. 

• Romans  10:17 
    So  then  faith  cometh  by  hearing,  and  hearing  by  the  word  of  God.

How  can  we  turn  from  sins?  We  can  turn  from  sin  by  listening  and  obeying  the  Word  of  God.  It  tells  us  what  sin  is,  how  to  avoid  it,  and  how  to  get  out  of  it!  This  can  seem  difficult  for  some,  but  what  is  impossible  for  man  is  possible  with  God. 

• Psalm  119:9 
    Wherewithal  shall  a  young  man  cleanse  his  way?  by  taking  heed  thereto  according  to  thy  word.
  • Matthew  19:24-26
    24  And  again  I  say  unto  you,  It  is  easier  for  a  camel  to  go  through  the  eye  of  a  needle,  than  for  a  rich  man  to  enter  into  the  kingdom  of  God. 
    25  When  his  disciples  heard  it,  they  were  exceedingly  amazed,  saying,  Who  then  can  be  saved? 
    26  But  Jesus  beheld  them,  and  said  unto  them,  With  men  this  is  impossible;  but  with  God  all  things  are  possible.

Sadly,  this  seems  so  simple  that  some  people  consider  it  foolishness.   

• 1  Corinthians  1:18 
    For  the  preaching  of  the  cross  is  to  them  that  perish  foolishness;  but  unto  us  which  are  saved  it  is  the  power  of  God. 

I  hope  you  don't  see  it  as  foolishness,  and  I  hope  you  will  one  day  join  us  in  that  glorious  reunion!

Cpt_Starfox

Alvis  has  been  a  great  friend  for  many  years  and  has  helped  me  more  times  and  in  more  ways  than  I  can  remember!  I  do  remember  one  particular  awesome  adventure  we  went  on.  I  think  were  testing  out  the  Chief  Paroxysmus  spawn  at  that  time.  That  fight  was  crazy,  but  we  managed  to  find  a  glitch  and  use  it  to  win!  The  glitch  got  fixed  later  *laughs*  Ah,  fun  times,  I  miss  him;  but  yes, I will  see  him  again! Amen!

will parrish

*Bows Head*
Farewell Alvis. You are in a much better place than we are now. No pain. No suffering. Just joy and laughter. One day we can all sit and talk about Ultima when we meet again. Until then prepare us a place in Heaven!