BOD Trading

Started by kathymarie, July 02, 2007, 08:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kathymarie

The house is in britain, if you happen to see kathy marie in game you can message her and she will bring you a recall rune for its location.   We have run into a little problem with having co-owners.  If someone already has their 5 house slots filled they are not able to be a co-owner to another home.  I already have a solution to this problem though.  those characters that are nice enough to help me with the trading post will still have full access to all the storage in the house due to changes in the security.  The only difference  is without co-owner status they cannot lock items or move them. 
I will be placing a bulletin board to help in communication in game and I will be placing  books that  we can use to list bod's we would like to trade and maybe what we have available.  I am sure that it will take time to get this operation to run smoothly but I am postive it can be done. 
I am thinking of trying to set up our first "party"  this friday.  does anyone have any ideas on what a good time would be? 
Ok i have decided a better idea for people to get the location of the house.  I will be placing a blue backpack in front of the red rosebushes named crafters trading post runes.  this will be open to public and anyone that wants one can get one..but please..take only one.  oops i almost forgot, the house that you can find the runes at would be my shop kathy marie's odds and ends, you can find a teleport pad for it  on the roof of the event center(at least i think that  building is the event center..hehe)

kathymarie

ok I have books set out and bulletin boards up.  there are 3 boards, one for tailoring related things , one for smithing related and one for just general chit chat.  I am hoping these will help with our communication.   Its late and I must sleep now, have a good night (or whatever time it is where you are)

Flint

me and jaeger just did a big vbod swap I co owned him to my house and let the swapping and locking down commence. Once was all over i lowered security back to a friend and all was good.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

ShadowMoon

Count Guin in on the BOD swaps.

todd0168

I will hopefully have the day off Friday so if that holds then anytime will work for me.  If I have to work then 5:30pm PST or later would work for me.

8)

kathymarie

I am horrible at converting times .   soooooo would 9pm cst be too early or late for anyone? 

todd0168

Works great for me.  (7pm PST by the way)  Not sure about anyone who might be in the UK as that would be roughly 2am for them. 

8)

kathymarie

Ok, we will go ahead and set that time.  if anyone has problems with that time let me know.

ShadowMoon

9 pm cst would be great for me. I am central time as well. But is that tonight Friday or next Friday?

kathymarie

that would be tonight, I know it might be short notice for some but this is kind of the test "party" so I am not even sure how it will turn out. 
If anyone needs any books locked down please be there at least a half an hour early to drop your items off.  I should be there at 8 cst so there should be plenty of time to set up.  I have already loscked down a few of my bod books with orders in them.  I will also be filling out a book with orders i need.  blank books for  listing  orders will be provided so if you need one let me know.

kathymarie

Its been an interesting night, and I would say that  the trading went quite well.  I give thanks to the players in attendance and I hope that we can plan to have another one and many more in the future.   :)

ShadowMoon

It was great hun. The bod that I finished...I got a white polar bear rug from. *hugs* Thank you so much hun for hosting the bod party *grins*

Bloodwild

I'm interested in this as well, though I am generally at work until 9-9:30 pm pst. I've got roughly 500 of each tailor and smith small BoDs. Alot of multiples as well. I'll see if I can set up a list of what I have for everyone to peruse. And of course make a list of what I am seeking.  :)

kathymarie

It is safe to say that  Times are going to be the biggest factor in all of this.  This is what I am hoping to accomplish, I want to make this a place where people can get together and make trades without  having to be present myself.   I say this because  RL  schedules are sometimes very different from person to person.  Judging from the party we  had Friday I can see this being very possible.  As long as I keep a supply of blank books secured for anyone that needs them its entirely possible for anyone to organize a get together.  What I suggest is , Use the books to List  roughly what you need and for those that  have hundreds open for trade, give a rough outline of what you have in a book also.  The only downside is you would have to  make the lists and update them at the house.  If you decide you want  to make books then give them to me to lock down you would have to get  with me in game to do this. 
The ultimate goal is to make this house available for anyone that wants to use it and any suggestions on how to make this better and more accessible for everyone would be appreciated. 
The size of the house is a factor that i plan to remedy soon.  This does mean that the location will more than likely change but I am more than happy to provide any recall runes  for anyone that needs them.  A larger  place would mean room for more tables to lock books down and still have crafting implements if anyone had the need for them.  I will start scouting locations soon and I will let everyone know when  the construction will begin.  Let me know if anyone has any suggestions.

ShadowMoon

For my BOD buddies...I updated my need list because I finally got all my bods gone through. As I get any bods I need I will remove them from the book so I will not be obtaining doubles.