Champion/Necromancy

Started by Lukien, July 19, 2007, 02:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lukien

I was wondering, and i hope i don't sound too stupid asking this, but my dad told me you couldn't be on the Champion side, and still know necromancy, and i was just wondering if this was true???

Pocketcow

If you mean on the positive side of Karma, then no you can't be glorious and a necromancer because the spells cause a major loss of Karma. Although if you GM necromancy, and then unlock your Karma and farm it back up without casting necro spells, you could get a glorious lord - Legendary Necromancer.

I hope this is what you meant

Admin Acacia

Using necromancy spells always gives you negative karma.   The side of light, chivarly, works best with positive karma, the higher the good karma, the better  your spells will work.   I guess you could use both of those skills, but  your chivalry will not be all that effective if you are using necromancy.

Never be less than your dreams.

Kauri

Aye, it is possible to be good with necromancy, but you need to be quite limiting on what necro spells you use.

Forest Rithik

I have a Glorious Lord Necromancer with high Chivalry, I don't fling out Necromancy magic all willie-nillie like its a paragon box or something. You have to be VERY selective of what you cast and when you need to cast it (unless your a full necro then do as you please).

Spells such as Evil Omen, Strangle, Painspike, Poison Strike..etc all have a time to be used while others aren't always usefull against certain things.

Against things like Dark Fathers (all 15s resistance) the Chiv spell known as Consecrate weapon is useless as all resistances are equal (even after a successfull discord they will all still be equal) as a result of this Corpse Skin (Evil Omen + Corpse Skin if the DF is stingy) can be very good in order to break the equality that the DF have resistance wise atleast for a time.

Playing a Dark Paladin is not for everyone, even some of the most skilled players have difficulty maintaining this sort of template and most will after a Pit/ Champ or prolonged battle with something big will need to re-karma farm back to glorious. That said my Dark Paladin is the least (spell wise/ moves) finicky of all my characters.