Felucca Warrior Guild Hall Robbed!

Started by Galrom, July 23, 2007, 06:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galrom

((OOC))

Some of you might know the Felucca Warriors set up a new Guild Hall recently, and we have been actively recruiting members.

Some time recently, things like T-Maps have been disappearing. We didn't think much of it, because we might have recruited someone wanting to T-Hunt solo.

But last weekend, we had someone's personal guild chest robbed of a very large cheque, as well as a lot of valuables and other items that were supposed to be for guild use.

The only way someone would have access to these is if they were Friended to the guild, meaning they were recruited at some point. No notes or messages were found.

I don't know what the policy is about Guild Thefts of this nature, but a lot of people are extremely angry right now. (IMO it should fall under Griefing)

I don't know what to think right now. I'm enraged and incredulous that someone would do this. It's despicable that someone would falsely represent themselves and just take everything. We don't keep a History of guildmates so we don't know if the person came and left, or if they are still in the guild hoping to cheat us out of more stuff.

We're probably closing off the guild hall to everyone except the owners.

I hope the person comes forward to return what they took. If it was a misunderstanding about our guild rules that's fine, I won't hold it against him/her. I just doubt that, considering no one said anything about taking these items.

gypsy

That's  just terrible :(  If  I can help replace anything pm me in game :) Hope you get everything returned.

Forest Rithik

If you type [c then on the menu that comes up click the Guild button, that will show you a list of all members in your guild, their titles and so forth aswell. You can use that as a way of quickly checking who is in the guild and by comparing it to existing knowledge (if your a recruiter or core-member) who as left..etc.

I hope whoever as done this comes forward.

Cfeor Cait

Bloody disgusting to be honest. If it wasn't an honest mistake, the person who did this better be sweating

Galrom

Thanks for the suggestion Rithik, I knew about using [g to check members, the problem is that we don't have a coherent "History" of guild members. You did make me realize that because we only have 3 recruiters, it should be easy to check that. I will try to coordinate with the 2 other recrutiers and track whom may have left suddenly left (assuming they have left).

Kevetsa

That's sad. I know the same thing happened to a lesser degree in CMV and CoM. It's a shame some people just come to loot or just don't think at all.
Give a man a fire he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire he's warm for the rest of his life.

Kevetsa Kususroth, Smitt, Drahca, Bethariel

Kydaer Shol

*shakes head sadly* unless this is a rping thing, or a misunderstanding, the person that has done this should come forward and at least tell someone that they did even if you are embarassed and if it was a mistake things like this happens.... We are a family shard and there are plenty of shards out there where this type of thing is condoned. Not here. If it was an honest mistake and you are embarassed about what you have done, feel free to page one of the staff to take the stuff and you can do it Anon.... if you did it for rping purposes, please make your intentions clear soon. We love everyone on this shard and would hate for something like this to bring everyones gaming down....
Kydaer

Galrom

Rejoice and be merry!

It was all a misunderstanding, about the difference between the personal chests for each guildmate and the public ones for guild use.

It's been cleared up and the items and gold were returned to their owners.

Thank you for your concern everyone, I'll try to make sure our members are more clear with new recruits about the rules :)

Mina

:o   i am glad that is all over with,  phew....we had recieved an apology and found out this was a great misunderstanding....to our relief.     Though i do actualy have a guild history to review...nobody left..hehe,   but thank you to all for your concerns and kind offers.  we really apreciate your thoughts.     :-*

Kydaer Shol

this is great news, I am very happy to hear that all the love has returned to our wonderful shard *hugs*