Hiryu Taming?

Started by Galrom, August 29, 2007, 04:28:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Galrom

Good day!

I was wondering what skill was required to tame a full-grown Hiryu. Stratics says it's 89.whatever, the same as a lesser Hiryu. I know this not to be true here on Sylvan Heart, as I tried at 110. It makes sense that it would be higher, since the Hiryu is quite powerful.

A comrade was nice enough to give me his, lending me the jewelry I needed to rein him into the stables. Now, I just need to know when i can bring him out :)

-Glenhall

Varsin

Crimson

Did you beat it down before you tried taming it? They have to be down to like 10% health before you can even attempt to tame one.
"Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps."
Emo Philips.

Galrom

Only the lessers need to be subdued, the grownups have that Draconic restriction where you only have a 5% chance of starting the tame ("You seem to anger the beast!")

I was getting the Skill Is Too Low message, not the Creature Must Be Subdued one.

When my friend transferred his Hiryu to me, I had jewelry bringing me to 115-118 -ish. I figure if I train a little, and get good jewelry (I put in a request on Trading) then I'll be there soon.

Thanks

Forest Rithik

Its definately 119 taming levels minimum. Also Gal is right about the "Anger the beast" thingy instead of the Subdue restriction.

Admin Acacia

Our hiryus may have been alteref from OSI standard.  Forest and Varsin are correct, the standard Hiyrus take 119 taming for the chance to "anger the beast" and get eaten in your quest to tame one.  :-)

Never be less than your dreams.

Galrom

Yeah I just remembered (responding to Rithik's post in Trading) that I had my 114 and couldn't tame, it was with Suijin's jewelry that I got to 120-ish which allowed him to transfer it to me.

Sorries!

rubycona

That's peculiar.

It Can't be 119.

I read stratics, and thought it was lower, so thought I'd give it a shot. My taming was only 101 at the time. I now have jewelry that brings me to 115, and I may be misremembering it, having 115 then. Either way, at no point was I as high as 119.

I was a stubborn wretch, even more stubborn than the Hiryu. Managed to tame the thing after like two hours. I thought I was just supremely unlucky.

But it HAS to be at or less than 115 100% for sure, because I was never higher than that at any time. I seem to remember only being 101, though.  Regardless. I'm not saying I was over the limit by much, heavens no. It honestly took a blasted 2 hours to tame it. In my stables bonding now :D

Varsin

It most deffinately is 119, it was intentionally increased to 119 in a Tokuno Reform ages ago. Being a skygod (GM) I am able to see the taming level requirements and restrictions. That said however you are still fully capable of taming a Lesser Hiryu at 98.7 levels, Greaters are still restricted to 119 levels.

Never trust anything ever from stratics even if your are checking for OSI stuff :-P

rubycona

**shakes head**

I have both a lesser Hiryu and a regular Hiryu, and my taming has NEVER once been over 115 at any point in the game.

I can take the thing out of my stables and show you if you like.

Maybe it was a fluke, I don't know. But I did tame it. At no higher than 115.

Keevanar

For tokonu pets there is enough to have bushido to tame.Maybe I newer tested it I only read it. :-\

rubycona

I dont have bushido, either

Admin Acacia

Nope, nope, you don't need bushido... just taming and lore.

Never be less than your dreams.