Bring a Friend to Sylvan

Started by Admin Acacia, September 11, 2007, 06:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin Acacia

Greetings,

I think Sylvan Heart is a wonderful place, full of a wide variety of special goodies, crafting, monsters.   I don't think our players or Staff can be beat.  I hope you think Sylvan is a great place as well.   I am asking you to share that information with your friends, and even your enemies.  *smiles*

Starting this week of September, we are instituting a Bring a Friend to Sylvan program.  When your friend  ask for an account, just have them mention that you (use you main character name) told them about Sylvan, and you will get credit for bringing a friend.

We even have a few little items to say Thank you, and you may choose from the following items.  The friend you referred will also be given a deed good for free deco from Home Deco as a welcome gift.

Bring a friend and they stay 1 month there is the choice of..

1. Deco shield named "I bround a friend to Sylvan"
2. 1 Free hue of the month
3. Deed good for 40K deco from Home Deco
4. 150 driftwood
5. 1K valorite ingots.

The incoming new player would get a deed good for 40K free deco from Home Deco.

The friend stays 3 months the sponsor has a choice of...

1. 50K deed for free deco from Home Deco
2. Staffer of their choice will make 1 weapon (made from Val with Val hammer), 1 article of clothing (made from normal crafting menu), 1 piece of armor, leather or metal (made with runic hammer or kit)
3.  2 Free hues of the month
4. 300 driftwood
5. 2K  valorite ingots

The new player would get a deed for 60K from Home Deco.

Never be less than your dreams.

Cpt_Starfox

Wow that's cool!  I've been singing the praises of Sylvan Heart and inviting people left and right!  I have one friend who is supose to be comming and two more who I am trying to convince   :)  I already brought two before... but it doesn't seem they are playing much... real life happens  :-\

However, still seems my other three friends might make it just in time for this hehe  ;D  Perfect timing! lol

Admin Acacia

We have had several players who have been referred by someone already here.  It is fantastic to see that players feel Sylvan is great enough to invite their friends!!   Keep up the great work, and when one of your friends asks for an account, have them mention your player name so you can get credit.

Crim/Katt/Amari/Imzade

Sounds like a good thing Acacia, will try to get friends to come see the shard :)

A real friend will tell you when your face is dirty~~sicillian proverb

rubycona

*chuckles wryly* Ironically, that's the reason I left SH. My forum account was deleted too... hope the game account wasn't :P I Do plan on coming back eventually.

But I tried to invite friends and family to play. They were interested, but ended up giving up after several hours of frustration and inability to get the game to work. Three people really close to me, who I really hoped would play, couldn't, despite great effort, get it to work. In fact, not a single person was able to make it work. Made me conclude that Seterwind and I were just really damn lucky to get it working in the first place. Weird fluke, I guess.

It was so disheartening to be unable to share this great experience with them that I ended up growing rather disheartened with the entire experience. After a while, I'll try again.

Admin Acacia

Rubycona, I'm not really sure why you posted this in the Bring a Friend thread.   We do have people who have issues getting in, but we have hundreds of others with no problems.  We also have posts offering help to people having problems, and we have computer knowledgable staff who give additional help if it is needed.

If you asked me to hold your game account, it is on my do not delete list and will be held for 12 months. (Your game account is sill here and the last time you logged in was November 4th.)  I figure after a year, a person could surly find a way to log in once, or at least other wise let me know they will be gone longer.  As to forum accounts, those aren't always so easy to hold and very simple to recreate.           

The Bring a Friend program is still in operation.  Our technical support people are still here to help in all possible ways that we can. We can't, however alter how some computers will or will not get things working for Sylvan.                             

infinitywulf

Hm, I really need to get my friend Jessi to log on when I'm on sometime.  I believe her main character should be Adeyrn (or similar) and she was the one that told me all about Sylvan and even gave me the Sylvan Heart client installer when she visited last.  Apparently she's made some books with back story from our adventures on other shards as well. 

Moxy

Off topic but, I feel you Ruby. I've played on a whole bunch of shards over the years and I have to admit that Sylvan is by far the craziest setup and install I've ever seen.  It is however well worth it considering the amount of custom stuff, and is obviously to be expected.  Like Acacia said though there are some really good tips, tricks, and setup install guides on the forums here, you just have to have the patiences to sort through all of them and find what you actually need for your particalur situation.  And I definately agree that there is staff and players more then willing to assist.  Within minutes of logging in originally without all the custom patches I had a player giving me step by step instructions on what to do, Then again when I was trying to get razor to work properly.  Which I still dont really know what I did but whatever it works now lol. 

Caelan

Umm...

You do realize this topic is like two years old right?

ROFL!

Just sayin....

Moxy

someone posted so I responded who has the time to bother checking dates pfft =P

Caelan

Moxy