A few questions about skills and wood

Started by riggers, September 17, 2007, 07:44:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riggers

Sorry to be a pain but I am still new to the shard only been playing a week now but loving it.

1.  Lumberjacking is there any point in GM this skill do you get different woods at a higher level or do you only get standard wood ?  I have played on another shard where you could get many different types of wood i.e. Cedar, Oak,Birch etc same idea as ore's that it gave better resists on the weapon made and also Birch added luck. This was region based so certain wood only grew in one part of the world. Maybe an idea to use if this wood can only be gained.

2. How come bows and crossbows are are not often given as a rare item drop on monsters. I have an Archer Char and so dropping a shield or mace is well pretty useless to me unless I start a new character to use them. I prefer Archers with Mage skill than Swords or Mace Fighting. Even if you do get a bow from a monster they are rubbish compared to armour and other weapons. I have killed Dragons and Demons and even Blood Eles and Poison ones and still never get a good bow to use. Could the script be amended so it checks what did the most damage to it and then raise the chance of getting item suited to the character. So a Mage might drop Mage Armor or Swords possible drop a Katana etc.

3. Is it planned to implement Champion Spawns they are really good fun and if done in groups can be a real good scrap for the players. I know it takes a long time to complete but if there are a few people doing it makes for a good monster bash.  I have been to the usual places where they occur on OSI but not there.

4. Any Guild out there that likes to PVM and want a new player to join ? I am wanting to go hunting and some of the areas on the map are impossible to fight in solo.

Any thoughts on these points please.

Varsin

1) Lumberjacking gives a damage bonus to True Swords Class Axes., Higher rates also speed up how quickly you get all the wood from each tree if I remember correctly. No special woods.

2) What items spawn in loot is random, unless there is an item that is set to drop on a mob intentionally, I get more Tessens then anything, even outside of Tokuno :-P. But I do see a fair number of archery weapons drop, though they are all junk compared to the ones my crafter can make when he as the Runic Fletcher tools to burn.

3) Champion spawns are ingame, they are restricted access. Anyone used to be able to go and do them but they caused too much lag (I am one of the guilty solo champ players who made mayhem with a bunch of others each of us doing our own champ spawns at the different locations) as a result of this they where turned off. They are now a special event, if  you have a group of capable people arranged for one you can now ask staff and book it for a date. Best to do it in advanced otherwise the answer is likely no. Also no they wont be going back to the way they were either :-P.

4) There are lots of guilds out there that can help you with that and to name a few, DoE, FW, CoF, CMV, OOC. You could also talk with some of the other smaller guilds or recently started/ restarted guilds. I am sure you will find one quickly enough.

Flint

If you are looking for a good bow pm me or look on my vendor. And yes i have seen some good bow drops though they are rare.
Flint the Dwarf
Raist
Tanis

Wintermoon

:D Yes, good bows are hard to find on monsters, and I agree that there are alot of good guilds to choose from.  DOE is a fine guild of which I am a member and have always helped me out with things I need or help if i get stuck lol , they are a fine group.  I also have a bowcrafter if you are interested in looking at what she has crafted.  :)  keep up the questions tho, you dont know unless you ask... :)

Jager

I have also managed to collect several pretty good bows and will sell them if you like one of them.

Additionally, I am bringing back to life one of the oldest guilds that is on this shard. If interested do a [pm jager and let me know. I will be hosting lots of hunts and events once I get a few more members. which should be soon. I also really enjoy helping new players on this shard and can get you started pretty well.

Jager/Phoenix/Shane