Druids

Started by Kimo, July 22, 2006, 02:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimo

Can someone PLEASE tell me everything there is to know about becoming a druid? I've seen some pretty wicked spells cast by druids and would like to try that stuff out.

Freyr DArden

We do not allow the discussion of quests in public forums. You can contact anyone you wish privately to discuss whatever you wish, but we do not want the secrets of the quests displayed or spoken of in any public place.

Thanks  :)

Miri

the quest, maybe not...
but as a starter, the skills needed to do it?
That would be some handy info
:)

Cearbhalyn

THey have always been pretty stringent on this topic... Best just to try to gain someone sympathetic and ask personally.
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Thane ir'Wyndan

Quote from: Miri on July 22, 2006, 03:29:39 AM
the quest, maybe not...

The skills you need are listed on the website.  All ya gotta do is go take a look and that part at least is answered for ya.  :D

Time is a healer, time is a stealer, time is an angel, time is a devil that burns.
http://s7.bite-fight.us/c.php?uid=91111

Kimo

You see? I learned something already... I didn't even know a quest was involved! Just gotta find out who gives it ....

Rhatoqtrax

Quote from: Thane ir'Wyndan on July 22, 2006, 05:18:18 AM
Quote from: Miri on July 22, 2006, 03:29:39 AM
the quest, maybe not...

The skills you need are listed on the website.  All ya gotta do is go take a look and that part at least is answered for ya.  :D

Gotta disagree there, since all the SH website info about druids' skill requirements I found is:

QuoteDruids are the most powerful of mages, possessing all the knowledge of an advanced mage and that of a naturalist steeped in forest and animal lore.

Now, I find that rather vague and could never derive a skill template of that to train to become a druid. I'd say that at least the actual skills needed should be published, which would in no way harm the quest but only make sure that existing druids wouldn't be the "secret elite". Of course, asking these druids directly always is a nice option.

Cearbhalyn

The reason Thane said that is  Acacia says it as well :).....and she has also listed them in other threads about druids. here is one of them...

Admin Acacia
Administrator

Re: Druid
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 03:10:03 AM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You need magery and animal taming.  You need to have a druid book and the spells that go with it, and druid regs.  You also must complete a quest for the druid staff to be able to cast your spells.

In addition to her post, and useing whats listed on teh website (naturalist steeped in forest and animal lore), you need Magery, Taming, and Animal Lore. ( which I can see that taming might be hard to get off the website, but once you know it makes sense)

hope that helps :), oo and the Druids theoretically are supposed to be an elite group :)there are even more elite groups....course I cant list them either :) cuase their secret and then Id have ta kill ya ( hehe said in a flat spy voice) hehe
HAve a good one :)
I may not agree with you, I may argue and completely disagree with you. However, I will support and fight for your right to state your views and opinions. It is only through the exchange of ideas that learning, and growth are achieved. Arguments and debates are opportunities for growth.

Valius

Elite group my backside.

Every Mongbat on this server is secretly a Druid.

But yeah, if people read the website or used the 'search' function, we'd get a lot less stupid questions, like the person earlier asking several times where he can buy crossbow bolts...

Fea

Well that was rude Val!
Fenfyre- Faerie - Druid/Tamer
Bridget -Dwarven -Gatherer/Swordswoman
Cillian -Dwarven -Craftswoman
Brenna -Elven - Cook/ Brewer

Valius

I don't understand why you think that.

Damira

I've read worse from Valius.

Rhatoqtrax

Thanks for clearing that up to me.

Forest Rithik

Well...Druids used to be Elite, I know most people who's mages and casty Necs where basically killed off when that horrid and evil change/ slowing of Mana regen change happened about 5 or so months ago. He He that was such an interesting day....so much death (You should have seen the bodies that littered northern Luna from most of the people online, just trying to help one non-augmented warrior) I remember fleeing in Lich form on Forest like a scared little girl away from a dozen Fridge Imps and that Slaver...Those where the days :-)

After that I created my Druid Rithik, and so did most other people :D and most newcomers when they saw us tread on destard and so on.

If the amount of people using the Druid base is as out of control as it was in May, then it might be time to review some of the other spell flinging professions for some quirk to attract back more users of the other spell classes. I know I wasn't the only one who didn't like turning their Mage/ Necro into a warrior hybrid but had to, he he.

But that was along time ago maybe things have changed.

Valius

Put it this way Rithik. You can easily double the number of Druids there was in May.